Pats fans' reactions

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ........, Sep 12, 2007.

1. mr3putt

mr3putt Banned

I do not condone Bill's actions because the rest of the league is also doing it.
    I agree with the psychological profiling described earlier in this thread. In his own mind I think BB judged himself beyond reproach by any authority other than Kraft. He has since learned the limits of his ego driven obsessions.

The Commisioner has ruled and the penalty has been levied. Questions about the tainted nature of prior victories in light of the leaguewide practice of stealing signals is petty and based on personal hatred of the PATS and BB.

Feel free to lob this stain at NE.....Their play this year will render all questions moot. They wll feed off this emnity and crush the competition with the rage it engenders.

2. mr3putt

mr3putt Banned

My comment about Billick reffered to the antagonistic reaction of some NFL coaches to Mangini's complaint to the League. The merits of his comments are irrelavent. The fact that he voiced them so publically after "Tapegate" leads me to beleive he is not in favor of Mangini's actions.

IMHO

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Wow .... thanks for the gloomy outlook man

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Someone needs to give me a good reason why this shouldn't go into the NFL Forum.

In three. . . . . . . .two. . . . . one. . . . . . . .

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I could care less what Billick thinks but like I said yesterday he along with Shanahan are 2 other guys I'd wager were doing the same type of thing.

6. Warrior

Warrior Member

Why should them crushing the opposition make all points moot? Nobody questioned the ability of BB's intelligence and coaching. It is about integrity and character. BB is a worm - the only people who adore him are the people inside his magical kingdom because he wins. To some people that is all that matters - how you get there is not that important to some, hovever unethical it may be. Winning forgives his flaws or blinds people to what and who he is.

In the end he broke the rules to get a competitive edge - BB does not waste his time on frivalous actions. It's simple - he knowingly and openly cheated - if you want to be someone to minimize that fact go ahead. I had little respect for him as a person bfore and now I have none even if he goes on to win 3 more SBs.

7. mr3putt

mr3putt Banned

He is very unlovable that's for sure...even for those most ardent NE fans. My point is that the "cheating" is done by many teams in different ways. From the field..the stands..bugging locker rooms...picking the brains of ex players. BB got nailed by objection to his methods..not his goals.

In this society winners are always the recipients of a different kind of "Justice". Many Politicians, CEOS, Athletes, and Coaches break rules to win. If you steal from investors you used to get a fine and a golden parachute...stickup a 7Eleven and you get 30 years hard labor.

Sucks but there it is.....

#307 mr3putt, Sep 18, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  8. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

As a MA Patriots fan, I can confirm this.

All this has become a rallying cry for both the team and the fans. Each win is sweeter now than it would have been otherwise.

It's just human nature to want to stick it up the ass of your detractors.

9. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Umm. . . umm. . . ummm. . . don't tell me. . . ummm. . . Wrath of Khan, right? Wait. . . no. . . ummm. . . . Revenge of the Sith? No? Crap. . . umm. . . is it one of the Harry Potters?

10. mr3putt

mr3putt Banned

Mangini opened this Pandora's Box.

PATS are using this as motivation and you can dismiss it if you want.
    The rematch in Foxboro will be ugly and chippy and extremely personal.

THE Border WAR is back with a vengeance.

11. mr3putt

mr3putt Banned

PS Love your SIG

Swearengen is the best character on the small screen ever!!!!!

12. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

The rematch in Foxboro could end up being the biggest bloodbath ever. I can't wait! Talk about a grudge match.