Let's Settle This: Clemens or Pennington?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10toColes, Sep 16, 2007.

?

If Pennington is healthy, who should start at QB next week?

1. Pennington

52.4%
  2. Clemens

47.6%
  1. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

Is it also possible he was rattled by the defense in the 4th Qtr too when he took 2 delay of game penalties trying to read the defense?? You dont see that with chad

Sorry but any1 who thinks Clemens took the job is crazy. CBS posted up the Jets record with and without Pennington at QB. Guess whihc one looked better...

Its nice to have a guy who can throw the ball downfield, but when your WR's are playing CB on a bunch of your passes you still are not game ready

2. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

First of all, the 4th quarter was more then "decent". Second of all, he didn't look any worse in those 3 quarters then Chad does when he goes up against a top defense. Yes, he was jittery and held on to the ball too long early on, but it was his first damn start.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

No doubt he was still rattled - I was flipping out. I'm not one of the people who think Clemens took the job yesterday btw. If Penny isn't healthy enough to play this week and KC plays 4 quarters like the last one he played against the Ravens, we may have another story.

edit: Just to clarify, personally I'd like o see us go with KC based on where this team appears to be heading, but I don't believe the coaching staff will agree with that at all.

4. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

To win what? He has been there five years and we have won nothing. Wildcards and division championships mean nothing!

5. CYensePHIction

I think the most important reason why Chad needs to start is that HE WINS, and he also keeps us in the game. Bravo to Clemens for fighting back at the end, but a healthy Chad would have kept us close the entire game.

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Maybe. But Chad still has to lose his job,and he hasn't done that yet.

7. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

I think to start Clemens against Miami (if Penny is still hurting) is fine. I have no problem with that. But to say he is the definate starter is not right.

Clemens game might actually work well against the Miami secondary

8. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

KC will have to go through growing pains, growing pains = losses, especially with the state of the defense, o-line etc. The Jets cannot afford the mistakes KC will make. CP limits mistakes and give the Jets the best chance to win. The CS is not ready to quite throw in the towel yet*

*However if CP does not play well and the team is going nowhere, the CP era will end, and the KC one will begin. Next season, CP moves on to either the Ravens, Bears, Chargers, etc wins a SB and Jets fans cry :breakdance:

9. typeOnegative13NY

Really? When was the last time this team had as many playoff appearances in the same stretch of time? It means nothing? Nothing that he is the only QB we ever had to get us to the POs evertime he is healthy.

This QB controversy stuff is ridiculous. If a team is not built right,it doesn't matter who the QB is (Marino anybody?) He never won one and he was one of the greatest. But he rarely had a running game. Our O line would get anybody killed.

10. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

...uhmm, wow, I am speechless....

11. ANJI

ANJI New Member

I love how the O-line being bad this year is all that is brought up. How good was it in most of the years Chad has been here???? top 5 with a hall of fame running-back and what have we won??? Please stop about Marino, he never had what Chad has had when the jets were talent 2 years ago.

How good was the D since Chad has been here, it always was bad with no pass rush I guess too.....LOL.

Time to move on from Chad, because his time has ran out. He had a couple of talented Jets teams and we never even saw an AFC Championship game. Please with all the excuses to see Chad go 8-8 this year.

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

nevermind...

#192 Yisman, Sep 17, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  13. FOURTHANDLONG

Im sure the Patriots are proud of almost making the superbowl last year. Im sure the Chargers feel the same way about going 14-2 and going out to the Pats at home. As Jet fans we should raise our expectations above being mediocre. All a playoff berth means is we get a worse pick than somebody who went 3-12. Yayyyy we went to the playoffs as a first round easy win for the pats. The end result is we got a worse pick than if we went 6-10 and had to trade away our whole draft for a Cb and Lb because we had the false impression that we were ready to compete for a superbowl. Fast forward to a year later and we are no closer to a ring because we have no d-line or O-line because valuable picks were traded away. If we were 6-10 we could have drafted Revis with a high pick and drafted linemen and been a better team right now for taking a step back. We will take that step back this year or the next but it will happen. Until we do we will continue to loose. So all you Cp fans can keep talking about he gives us the best chance to win nothing all you like.

14. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

The major difference between CP and CK......experience...Clemens time will come, just not now...

Chad doesnt throw that interception to Reed in the 1st quarter.. Know why? Becuase his experience tells him to throw the ball as far out of bounds as possible when flushed from the pocket and running out of bounds.. Clemens still makes rookie mistake and they will disapear with time, but its the little things that Pennington does that Clemens doesnt

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Lawrence Taylor retired in the 90s. I don't think any team can say they have him. Unless you mean Left Tackle?

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

That sounds like the best option right now. Maybe we can call the Raiders and offer Tui for Culpepper.

17. typeOnegative13NY

well,from my time here i have learned that there are 2 types of fans. There are the lets win now and enjoy ourselves fans and the lets puposely tank the season for a draft pick crowd. Guess what. Next year there will be another reason you'll want to tank the season and you can join Champ and his non enjoyable nothings ever good football sundays.

18. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

It's always interesting to see people say that Chad has hit his ceiling, or some derivative thereof.

Especially since, until Sunday, January 21, 2007, many people believed that some obscure guy named Manning had already hit his ceiling and carried his team as far as it could go. On February 4, he was still playing. And still winning.

19. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Maybe not, but Chad does throw an INT that gets returned for a TD on that stupid WR screen the Jets tried to run. That may have been my favorite Clemens play from yesterday, him just eating the ball when he saw it wasn't there. Chad throws that EVERY TIME whether the DB is playing up close or not.

20. FOURTHANDLONG

We comparing Chad to Peyton Manning now? Tell me how they are in the same class Qb wise.