Let's Settle This: Clemens or Pennington?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10toColes, Sep 16, 2007.

?

If Pennington is healthy, who should start at QB next week?

1. Pennington

52.4%
  2. Clemens

47.6%
  1. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

It's going to be ugly at the Meadowlands if Chad is ineffective for any stretch of time. I just hope there's not constant booing for every incomplete pass. Lord knows Jets fans need to do something to make themselves look worse...

If he plays well enough over the next few games, it'd be silly not to keep playing him for the sake of getting KC "ready." If he's terrible over the next 4-5 games, sure bring KC in. Chad did very well against a top 5 defense in this league that embarrassed the Chargers on national TV yesterday. That game is more or less ignored already.

Schaub didn't need a whole lot of regular season experience to look damn good in Houston because he's a smart QB. Chad didn't either when he took over. I think KC will be ready either way when everhis time comes.

2. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Definitely Clemens. We're not winning anything with this defense so we might as well continue to throw Clemens out there and let him learn. This way when draft time comes, we'll know if we have our QB for the future.

The problem is that coaches don't like to "give up" on a season to soon if they think there is a chance to make the playoffs. Obviously Mangini still believes he can coach this team into the playoffs and that is why Pennington will start until it becomes hopeless.

I'd say if we have one win in the first 5 games, the Pennington era will end and the Clemens era will begin. If Pennington can't pick apart the Giants defense and we lose that game, you know he's done and so are we.

3. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I still think Chad gives us the best chance to win. Especially with the two games coming up. Yes it can be said those games would be a good test for Clemmens. I dont want to test anything, i want to see the Jets win. If Chad is healthy i hope he is given the start. Considering he is our STARING QB.

He wasnt ineffective last week in the Meadowlands. He just didnt win. And you can thank pretty much the rest of the team for that.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think with how pathetic our offensive line is Clemens mobility is probably the reason he should start. That said he has a lot to learn which was evidenced yesterday. There will be a lot of growing pains with him as the starter but it may be the best thing to do at this point. If we lose a couple more in the next month it won't matter anyway so I'm sure at that point he gets the job anyway.

5. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

whoa talk about a controversy!

128 to 127!

6. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

128 to 128

A little offtopic. Watched yesterdays game with a die hard fan of the Jets. He was at the game last week. I asked if he cheered when Clemens came in against NE. He said and i quote, "I started that shit". Made him get up and get the next round of beers.

Bring back Chad!

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Definetly Chad. He has to do something to lose his job and he certainly didn't do that vs New England. WTF. Clemens looked like shit for 3 qtrs yesterday. Big deal,he had A decent qtr. So did Rick Mirer a few times. I'm noy saying that Clemens won't be good at some point,but this favoritism because he can throw hard is so fukin stupid i can't even stand reading this shit anymore. I would think people would be more thankful having Chad as qb he has led one of our more successful periods.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

What exactly did Chad do to win his job this year?

9. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Spot on.... I like Kellen... but to put him in cuz he throws hard in silly... Vinny threw hard... we all saw how far that got us

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

AFC Championship?

11. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Amen Bro! What is it with everyone getting so high on Clemmens? We lost.

12. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

psst... we lost... and never got close again with VinnyINT

13. winstonbiggs

Vinny had a better record for the Jets and took us further than Chad has and that's when he was in his late 30's and basically washed up.

14. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clemens needs to earn the job, therefore it should be Chad's job until he stumbles

15. winstonbiggs

He earned it in training camp and preseason. Chad is the only player that Mangini gave a pass to as far as earning the job this year.

16. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Vinny also had a 1st round bye... therefore only won one playoff game... Chad has won two... one on the road... Vinny also had a team of vets and parcells

17. winstonbiggs

The reason we had a first round bye is we didn't back into the playoffs we were the second seed for a reason. Vinny in 98 had a better year and carried our team further than any year Chad every had.

18. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:rolleyes: if he earned it he would have been starting against NE, don't get me wrong I think that Clemens could be the future, but I didn't see the bad play from Pennington this year to push me to want to make the change

19. winstonbiggs

Pennington was tremendous in pre season and Clemens sucked.

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

& vinny had more weapons than Chad ever had... plus he didn't have Herm/Hackett to contend with in 98