Why is McCareins on the field?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

The evidence has been there for a few years that this guy is a piece of shit and can't be trusted with the ball. I'm sorry but I blame the coaches for putting him out there in a crucial spot as much as I blame him for being shitty.

2. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I don't blame the coaches. In the preseason he gives more false hope than Enron.

3. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

cut mccarriens now please before he blows more TD chances

4. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

Justin McDropping couldnt catch a ball with a giant net.

5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

he should play on the kickoff coverage team.

they could use someone with speed who can at least tackle.

6. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Because he's still better than our #5 receiver, and in essence, he's FREE because if you cut him and pick someone else up you have to pay McCareins AND the other guy on the cap.

7. ........

........ Trolls

Change "hands" to "hand". I'm still not sure, though, why he only had the one hand in there and was so off balance going up for it. Should have pulled it in.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Justin McCareins had actually 3 drops. He dropped one on the drive before. He had to slide for it but it hit him right between the numbers. I don't care if Brad Smith is running in circles out there in terms of his route running, he needs to be our 3rd WR. Even if McCareins wasn't this terrible, B. Smith should be on the field more. He is arguably our best athlete; he needs more touches.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the point that people are trying to make is that if you keep McCareins on the roster you have to put him on the field over people like Brad Smith. We don't know what Brad Smith can do as a 3rd receiver, but it has to be better than watching McCareins drop balls that have to be caught.

What's the worst thing that happens if Smith is the 3rd receiver? He drops balls that have to be caught? We're there already.

10. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I was very high on McCareins this year. He did great in training camp, catching everything thrown his way. He got high grades from the coaching staff and his fellow teammates. However, after seeing today, how could I still support this guy? The game is on the line, and he blew it twice. Pathetic!

11. SuperBowlPleez!

SuperBowlPleez! New Member

I agree, There is a reason he lost his starting job in the first place

12. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Why, if he's on the team, does he have to be 3rd receiver? Does he have that in his contract?

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

McCariens like Clemens earned his playing time in pre season. Unlike Clemens he has lost his playing time based on regular season.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Makes you wish Stuckey wasnt on IR.

OR.....That the F*ng coaching staff would go to Baker in that situation.

After he blew the first one, the second EZ shot he dropped should have been a play call for the TE.

15. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

My high school coach always told us " If you can touch it, you can catch it"

16. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I couldn't believe what I saw from McCareins. The Coles I can give leeway because he has been reliable and his pass was tough, but if you want to give him a hard time on it, no problem.

But come on Justin...The 1st drop was a beautiful pass, I was so happy to see that ball thrown on a line with good zip...And a drop. I didn't think it could get any worse.

Then his 2nd drop, was worse...Clemens threw it high to a tall WR because the defender would of jarred it loose, or at least make a play on it had it thrown it in the numbers, KC made a smart throw, and it bounces off of his hands...

Picked Off...F'N disgrace.