Let's Settle This: Clemens or Pennington?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10toColes, Sep 16, 2007.

?

If Pennington is healthy, who should start at QB next week?

1. Pennington

52.4%
  2. Clemens

47.6%
  1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

2 out of 3 ain't bad....

Marino didn't win Squat.

2. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Wow! This is ridiculously close.

3. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Cman50
    Only if that WR's name is JMac. KC hit Coles in the hands. KC hit JC in the hands. KC hit Mac in the hands TWICE!!!!!

Let me add that there's no way Pennington makes any of those throws under the same conditions..

Agreed, and to say that Pennington could never make that pass - do you remember the TD to Cotchery last Christmas or even his "non-TD" throw to Baker against the Browns. Look KC has a stronger arm that Chad and he looked good in the fourth quarter. However, to claim that Pennington can't hit open receivers or make any of the throws that KC completed is really going overboard.

4. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

I agree about Pennington. I'd hate to see his career possibly end like this, because I love him as a person. But as has been said many times, professional sports is a business, and once you start letting your feelings get in the way, that's when you start to fall behind.

Clemens gives this team the best shot at winning, IMO, and should therefore start next week.

Edit: Wow, it's dead even 67-67. That's insane

5. SuperBowlPleez!

SuperBowlPleez! New Member

It's Chad's job to lose. simple as that

6. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Clemenade. Is it in you?

7. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Well said bro. KC had a good game but people are using it to bash Chad as well. Chad makes a lot of the throws that KC made today. KC has his strengths and Chad has his.

FWIW, Chad looked better agains tthe New England defense than the vaunted SD offense has. Just as it would be silly to discount KC's game (well, more of a quarter) against Baltimore, it'd be just as silly to discount Chad's good game against anohter elite defense in New England.

8. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

If we have a QB who CAN GO DOWNFIELD(process of elimination bye Chad) and stretch defenses whoever he may be(Clemens,Tui, the draft) should start.

9. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

I went to MnT stadium and watched the jets play for the first time in person. They certainly do bring different things to the table but I like Clemens toughness and composure. He looked very much like a guy starting his first game in the 1st 3 quarters but all in all he was not the reason we lost this game, a bad gameplan and some butterfingers certainly hurt us.

He took some chances going deep to at least keep them honest which is something Chad would not have done. He also held on too quite a few number of balls that I am pretty sure chad p would have fumbled away. I think we found the real deal in this guy, and i want to see clemens so he can grow into a qb that can win playoff games for us w/o a hall of fame defense and dominant oline surrounding him.

10. pennington4life

pennington4life New Member

Ok...... A couple of things i want to say...

Clemens looked good in the 4th and yes if JM caught a pass it wuz tied, but his throw to coles was short and the 3rd down throw to JM was a little high.,

I am a die hard Jets and Pennington fan and iam sick of this controversy. Does anyone realize how mcuh this QB thing has divided us as fans. Do u guys not realize that sucha division among fans can cause a division among the players of a team becasue they definitely hear stuff what alot of fans talk about.

That being said if KC becomes the starter as much it will break my heart...hell ya i would cheer for him just as loud as CP because as a TRUE fan and i stress TRUE we should ahve whoevers back is out there and thats the thing US JETS FANS lack the most.......CAMRADERIE...be a TRUE FAN thats all i ask lets do it right

11. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

i like what i saw from clemens, but we can't crown him yet, (mangini didnt) remember the way browning neagle lit up the falcons-366 and a td with no picks

12. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Wow, 72-72. Talk about a controversy!

13. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

chalk another one up for mangini, he said pennington is starting next week

14. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

The Browns traded away a QB that started in week 1 and sent packing in week 2. I wish our FO had that same tenacity.

15. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Looking at your screenname, I can't tell what side you're on here.:lol:

What my mother always said to do before making an important decision. Make a list of the pros and cons.

CHAD PROS:
    -Handles the offense very well
    -Is thread-the-needle accurate
    -Is smart
    -Brings veteran leadership
    -Good play-action

CHAD CONS:
    -Weak arm
    -Immobile
    -Prone to injury
    -King of the fumble-when-hit play

KELLEN PROS:
    -Rocket arm
    -Very accurate (not quite in Penny's league though)
    -Handled the 2-minute drill well
    -Can stretch the field
    -Mobile
    -Takes a big hit, seems tough, doesn't fumble

KELLEN CONS:
    -Could make bad decisions typical of a rookie
    -May not have leadership

All Kellen Clemens ones are based on tonight and tonight only, who knows if they stand.

YOU DECIDE!

16. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

I say chad, but if we don't make the playoffs this year, go to Clemens in 08. In fact, I'm not sure that Chad will actually make it through this season so Clemens may be here earlier than that. That said, being a Jets fan means being patient. I trust the CS implicitly and if they say Chad I say that's the ticket.

17. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Well said!!!! People only bash Chad because of his arm strength and its getting old. If you break down both games they started Chad was much better then Clemens. KC had one good quarter and Chad played flawless the whole game. It wasn't his fault that the OL couldn't block anyone but Chad did only throw 5 incomplete passes, with no INTs, 2 TDs (1 on a bad ankle). Clemens had happy feet all day and couldn't see the play clock. (2 bone head delay of game penalties)

18. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Where did you hear this?

19. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Don't know where you got the accuracy part for Clemens!!!

20. herdgirl410

herdgirl410 New Member

I think alot of people are forgetting what some experience can do at the end of a game like this. As someone mentioned before, many passes were really low and you shouldn't throw a rocket every time. Another thing people appear to be forgetting is Chad's ability to come back from behind as well. How many times has he been in the same come from behind situation and he gets in that 2 minute drill zone and just gets it done. Yes, in a different way, but he has come from behind a few times. Experience can be just as effective as a rocket arm in these situations.

Having said all of that, I was cheering my head off for the kid and am very excited that there is someone waiting in the wings for Pennington to hand the team off too. I just hope it happens in a way deserving of what he has meant to this team.

GO JETS!

#60 herdgirl410, Sep 16, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2007