Let's Settle This: Clemens or Pennington?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10toColes, Sep 16, 2007.

?

If Pennington is healthy, who should start at QB next week?

1. Pennington

52.4%
  2. Clemens

47.6%
  1. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

Alright, assuming Pennington is healthy, who do we start?

2. Bill

Bill New Member

Clemens throws the ball so hard in the clutch, that he leaves holes in our receivers' hands, and the ball goes clean through.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Only if that WR's name is JMac. KC hit Coles in the hands. KC hit JC in the hands. KC hit Mac in the hands TWICE!!!!!

Let me add that there's no way Pennington makes any of those throws under the same conditions..

4. youraveragejoe29

youraveragejoe29 New Member

is that a serious comment?

5. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

When you go to Clemens it has to be for good. It is Chad's job to lose, and if he does, THEN you go to KC and never look back.

Start Chad until then

6. Bill

Bill New Member

Don't get me wrong - seeing a man in a Jet uniform with a Laser, Rocket arm...

I started having visions of "Manning" in my head.

7. All Star

All Star Active Member

Wow that's pretty even.

Do people even remember that Chad played really well last week before he was hurt?

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Chad did play well last week. But if CP is not 100% I want Clemens in there. And to be honest, when the OL played well in the 4th quarter Clemens did play very well against a top defense. So maybe we should make the change. I have no clue. But all I care about next week is a win over the Phins.

9. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Clemens can actually throw deep.

10. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

clemens can make throws that chad cant. I've been such a huge chad supporter but i think kellen gives em the best shot at winning. Once he settled down and schott allowed him to do his thing he played great. I love chad and always will but i think kellen gives us the better chance at winning.

11. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

So this is a clear, 50/50 split. Interesting.

I think we should go with Clemens, not because he gives us a better chance to win, but he might. With Pennington, based on last week's play, I'd say we're not going anywhere this season. Might as well see what could happen, even if it doesn't mean a playoff spot.

12. All Star

All Star Active Member

The description said assuming Chad is healthy....

13. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

wow 29-29 so far.

14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Based on the 4th quarter of todays game against Baltimore, Clemens proved he is capable of playing well, especially against one of the best defensives in the league. He got the job done in the 4th quarter, but that drop by J-Mac and then the tip by J-Mac really hurt us. Clemens was throwing the ball sharply and with a zip, which is something we really don't see from Chad all the time. However, I really think this was just a test for Clemens. He didn't fail, but he didn't pass it with a grade that would allow him to move onto the starting position just yet.

He did well in the 4th quarter, and not so much in the earlier quarters. That's what doesn't make me sold on him just yet. Sure, for the future, it's a different story. I'm assuming he is our QB for the future, but we aren't in the future. We are in the present. And like I said, something inside me wants to still see Chad be our starter. I'm sure I'm not alone.

But Clemens gets big claps from me. I admit, he wasn't on my good side early in the game, but that changed in the 2nd half. He showed a sign of maturity coming out of the locker room at half time.

15. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

gotta stick with Chad

16. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

I just feel like clemens gives us the best return from the playmakers on this offense. Is it possible that chad's inability to get the ball down the field means inabilty to let coles and coth get more involved. chad being in the game puts more of the onous on our o-line and running backs, weaker units in my mind...

17. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Goes to show how split everyone is on this. In any case chargers-pats 30 mins!!

18. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Clemens, not even a question. Chad is on borrowed time and if Clemens played like he did in the 4th quarter against BAL, he gives them the best chance to win.

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

This offense is built around Chad. For 3 quarters Clemens showed that even with a year under his belt, he has no clue whats going on in the basic offense.

The only way Clemens starts is if they take the handcuffs off and go with a Green Bay/St. Louis style offense that would cater to Clemens skill set. As long as we're in Hackett 2 style offense, though, Chad has to be the starter.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

No matter who plays QB, I don't see us doing much this year. The D is too soft in all areas and the O line still worries me.

That said, turn the keys over to Kellen, let him get some experince.