Pats fans' reactions

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ........, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I have to agree with you here... the dirtbag will just find new and creative ways to cheat. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Whatever brings you your SB rings though, right? :up:

2. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

That's right! We took our punishment, and now back to kicking some ass.

If Mangini doesn't do it himself, then he's just not using every available resource to win.

3. Warrior

Warrior Member

In medicine, they teach you when diagnosing a problem to look for consistencies in the history and to look for ONE diagnoses to explain the problem. The vast majority of problems are usually caused by a single factor.

The problem: Bill Belichick. Talk radio, the press and message boards have spent countless hours attempting to understand and rationalize his actions. They are looking for a logical explanation and none will be found.

The history: poor relationships, detached isolating self absorption, arrogance. In Cleveland, BECAUSE of his lack of success these character traits were viewed as loathsome. In New England, he learned in a calculating way to improve his public relations, but more importantly he became a winner and his followers will thrust themseves on their swords to protect him at all costs ignoring or refusing to acknowledge his character flaws. The man's character has not changed since Cleveland, but he became a winner. Throw in his nasty affair and the picture is almost complete..

Bill Belichick has many of the classic traits of a narcissistic personality disorder. You can look it up on the internet for details - suffice to say it's a disorder of extremes : self importance,arrogance,"the world revolves around me", deflects blame or responsibilty by rationalization, etc. He may not fit all the traits, but it is a very good fit. You can throw in a flat affect and paranoia which crosses over to some other disorders, but will leave it at that.

People like this can function in certain situations. These people generally are highly intelligent ( I bet BB's IQ is off the charts) and can rise to positions of leadership. Many world leaders and conquerers no doubt had or have elements of narcissism. They can be charismatic and develop very devout followers if that person brings success to their lives. Their world can crumble very easily which is why these people want and are very controlling.

Back to BB and his videogate issue. We the average joe cannot explain this because we view it from our own experiences and base it on our own innate character traits. That is why there is no logical explanation for his actions because BB exists in his own little delusional fifedom. He has disdain for those who are not part of his world and though intelligent does not understand the seriousness of his actions and thus the rationalization seen in his statement.

Make no mistake, deep down BB has little remorse for his actions. He or somebody may have put certain words in his statement, but the only thing he regrets that this has become an irritant and a distraction. Goodell made a mistake in dealing with BB personally - the loss of $$$ and a draft pick means nothing to BB - coaching and control is everything and thus BB should have been suspended if it were to hurt BB.

Finally, I would never want to work or follow someone like him - I don't care how many titles he wins. Eric Mangini has more personality and warmth in his fingertip than BB has in his whole body. As Curtis Martin said (paraphrase) - " I would rather not win and die a Jet than be anyplace else" The Jets are surrrounded and led by good people.

#263 Warrior, Sep 15, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  4. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Wow! You want Mangini to cheat too just like your Bellichick? I guess you are not afraid if the other coaches cheat because they won't be as good at it as your bellichick. You have to wonder how how good your coach would be without the cheating. He wasn't that good in Cleveland and we don't know if Parcells was the one behind the good defenses with the Giants and Jets. Maybe we might find out soon. I cannot believe that they were able to stop Peyton Manning 100 percent in the playoff games in NE two or three years ago without cheating. I am eager to find out if a scrap like Vrabel is really all Pro material. It's very easy to play like an all Pro when you know the plays the offense is running. Unless your coach still manages to cheat without being found out like you said.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

Awesome post.

6. Warrior

Warrior Member

Unfortunately, it's painfully obvious. BB found his niche where his personality can exist and be shielded from reality. BB could not exist in our average joe's world. The Kraft family is not happy with BB. After all these years thay are finally seeing him for what he is.

7. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Yep, that was a great post.

8. Danny Boy?

Danny Boy? New Member

Does anyone think that Manginus regrets that he ratted Bill out? I'll bet he does.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Do you think David Kaczynski regrets turning in his brother Ted?

10. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Why would Mangini regret turning in a guy who's hurting his career by cheating? In case u didn't notice Mangini's success is based on how well the NY Jets do...

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm sure that on some level Mangini feels regret, but this is a business and personal feelings should not come into it on the surface. The Pats have made a lot of money off their success and they were caught cheating, against Mangini's team, I can't imagine that his regrets run that deep.

12. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

To tell you the truth, I think this may be 90% accurate about BB, at least that is my impression.

The only difference, or omission, is that he does have a certain group of people that he has a good, warm relationship with. Many of them, of course, are part of the organization, such as Kraft and Pioli, and I'm sure a few lower ranking members. I think Mangini was one of these, and that is what led to the animosity between them, that he felt betrayed, and he doesn't trust people easily to begin with.

He does manage a good, normal friendly relationship with folks not involved in football as well, such as the well advertised Bon Jovi.

I think in his mind, anyone not in his inner circle is irrelevant.....which they are.

13. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

The were stealing defense signals....how does that help our defense? BB's defenses are all about scheme and disguise. That's all it is.

What the hell has Tuna done without BB? Don't get me wrong, Tuna is a good coach, but the salary cap is a handicap for tuna, and a strength for BB.

Using a camera to photograph the defensive coordinators is not cheating, or haven't you actually bothered to find out what the rule is?

He took Cleveland to the playoffs. Cleveland wasn't a very talented team, and BB was learning how to be a head coach. Not every coach starts out a genius from day 1. Some marginal caoches fluorish later in life.

14. chris66

chris66 Member

Its been well documented that BB was responsible for the great defenses the Giants had. Parcels wasn't a very good x and o guy. His specialty was motivation and dealing with the media

15. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I understand, you're a Pat's fan, but I'm sure had the same thing been uncovered about another team, chiefly your team's biggest rival, and that team has had recent success of enourmous proportions, I doubt you would be quite as understanding/sympathetic. He took Cleveland to the playpffs ONCE and the other years (5, I believe) the team was putrid, so don't act like he's been a 'Genius' before he met a guy named Brady.

I for one DO NOT believe that the cheating has a lot to do with your teams success as much as having the best QB of his generation and that guy never getting hurt for any length of time.

16. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Well, it certainly wasn't our biggest rival, but the Doplhins did it to us in a 21-0 loss to them, and the general reaction of Pats fans was the same as our reaction to this Mangini/Jets thing.....

I guess I can sum it up this way..."They put one over on us this time. Let's make sure it doesn't happen again and move on, and the next time, we'll kick their ass." Mangini knew full well what was going on, and so did the other coaches. They've known for years. That sort of thing is just impossible to keep secret for years and years. It's just that none of the other coaches wanted to expose it...and apparently, neither did Mangini until now, for whatever reason.

Look, with all the player movement and coaches playing musical chairs, it's pretty tough to keep secrets regarding what schemes you run and playbooks and stuff. A certin amount of espionage is going to happen....you really think the Jets brought in Reche Caldwell to sign him? They were gathering information. Do I care? No. I think it is a smart move by the Jets.

17. chris66

chris66 Member

BB went 6-10 first year then 7-9 for 2 years . sat kosar in 94' and went 11-5. In 95 they were 5-2 when modell announced they were moving the team.

art modell was probably the worst owner in nfl history he mad the Bidwells look like big spenders

18. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

yet they won a SuperBowl....

19. chris66

chris66 Member

If he had stayed in cleveland he would have gone bankrupt. Bmore paid for a new stadium for him and he didnt have to pay any rent, but my point was that cleveland would have had a winning season if model had just waited till the end of the season to make it public

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

what does announcing you're leaving a city have to do with tanking a season? how do you type with belichicks dick in you hand? worst defense of beli yet