Pats fans' reactions

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ........, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

This part is correct. Sign stealin is not cheating.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Videotaping the opponent's sideline is, per NFL rules.

3. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

That's not what I said. I said stealing signs is not.

4. abyzmul

It wasn't for your benefit. You seem to have a firm grasp on what is going on while many others are using semantics and a blame game to brush off the Patriots cheating. You know just how much they cheated, you just don't seem to care.

5. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Belly's a cheating scumbag. Any questions?

6. ellenangel

ellenangel New Member

So let me get this straight. The Patriots are so much better than the Jets that it didn't matter that they cheated. If that was true, why did they feel compelled to cheat!!!!!
    It is very interesting that 24 of the Patriots points came after halftime (when they had a chance to look at the "cheat-films" and make adjustments)!

7. abyzmul

They actually didn't get to look at the tapes in question because they were confiscated before the half, but I am beginning to question whether the tapes were for sign-stealing to begin with. They were certainly used to cheat, though.

8. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

heres where it goes crazy....the tapes where not used by the pats to cheat...making the tapes was cheating.....there probably isn't a rule against looking at the video, even if it is obtained illicitly....and once we open the pats are cheaters door, then walk through the "they didn't get an advantage from the specific incident" hallway we find ourselves in the "have they been employing multiple extraordinary means?" room.

9. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

They made the tapes for a reason....and something nobody has said.....how do we know the taping device couldn't provide a live feed? hmmmmmm

10. abyzmul

I think the taping being illegal makes it pretty simple. The crazy part is all the Pats Fan justification going on. The rule-breaking is really cut and dry.

11. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

I looked into some last night and concluded that the pats culture is basic psychopathy. It really does explain the obsession.

12. abyzmul

The chowderheaded emperors are unaware of their nakedness, and all that fun stuff.

13. chris66

chris66 Member

you got be kidding jet fans have never respected belichick to begin with

14. chris66

chris66 Member

peter king was on the radio today and a question was asked how other coaches feel about the video incident, he stated most coaches he talked to said it was no big deal, but hey had a huge problem that managini had broken a kind of code of silence

15. abyzmul

Did he mention what Little Bill's man-juice tasted like this week?

16. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Pasterik fan reacts to SpyGate

Pasterik fans are not taking this whole SpyGate {Belicheat} debacle very well, see for yourself

http://townienews.com/ :rofl:

#256 Jabba the Jet, Sep 15, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  17. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Oops, wrong thread ... I was responding to another one .. sorry

#257 Jabba the Jet, Sep 15, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  18. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

How does he get away with outright lying for the Pats and still get to call himself a journalist? Norv Turner, Andy Reid, Brad Childress, Mike Tomlin, Jeff Fisher, Jack Del Rio, Rod Marinelli, Mike McCarthy, Dick Jaron, Mangini, even Gruden said he was gonna start wearing disguises....

F Peter King

19. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I'm pretty sure the pats were cheating because it has given them some advantage at some point during their run. Why else do it? Why was the video dude fighting like security was going to kill him? Because he knew what he was doing was "NO BIG DEAL?". Belichek lies every time he speaks and at best is a paranoid a-hole. At worst he is a guy who is about to get exposed. The bad part of all this is that e'll still look great this season because this is the best team he has had.

20. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Peter King is a knowledgeable journalist, with tons of contacts. He is also a Patriots ballwasher.

I think there is some truth to what he said, but maybe sugarcoated it a little, to make it easier to swallow.

I believe his point was that all NFL coaches have access to video footage of the game after the game, from multiple cameras, and multiple angles. It is all available to them.

By making your own video, you have something that noone else has. This gives you an advantage over other teams.

It is easy enough to look at footage of various plays and see what the coordinators are doing in the background. There is not a moment on the field that those coordinators are not caught on film by some camera somewhere. However, if you have a video that specifically films a coordinator, it is against the rules and considered an unfair advatage by the NFL.

I think the other coaches understand that what Belichick was doing was acquiring information that is available to all of them, but in a way that makes it easier for him to break down game footage and saves a lot of time and effort.

I think BB will just use a fast action camera from now on...not technically video, but snapping photos at a high rate of speed. That's just my opinion.