The Official "Should i make this Trade?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by German Jets Fan, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I am and always have been a huge Ronnie Brown hater (for fantasy purposes). But I probably wouldn't have been so high on Randy - that's true.

2. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

you suported a Moss for J. Lewis trade earlier, so i think you would have suported this one, too. :up:

or are you higher on Lewis than on Brown? Brown got drafted 3 rounds earlier than Lewis in many drafts!

3. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I supported the Moss for Lewis trade because you had 4 solid WRs but no RB2. It's all about context.

4. German Jets Fan

yeah, but the brown-moss trade was for the same team, same situation

5. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Interesting. Well, I don't really like Jamal Lewis or Ronnie Brown. Seeing how high Randy Moss's stock is right now, I wouldn't trade him for either cuz I think you could get a better RB. But, in general, a second tier RB is more valuable than a second tier WR.

6. German Jets Fan

i wouldn?t do this trade again, now. But before the season, with even some talk about moss beeing cut, and Norwood or Morency as my 2nd RB, i thought that?s a good trade. And i had Brown way ahead of Lewis on my cheatsheet.

I could have had Portis instead of Brown on this trade, maybe that would have been the better choice.

7. Khan

Khan Active Member

Two questions...

1. Before yesterday's performance, Fitzgerald+Thomas Jones for Ocho Cinco close enough? To put it into context this is the team's 3rd pick for another's 4th and 5th.
    2. Scobee, Chester Taylor, and Eddie Kennison for Marshawn Lynch (I vetoed this yet people are now saying I'm cheating). Simple facts are, one's a kicker, out for 3-6 weeks, another's a WR out for a couple games that may be replaced by a rookie either way, and one didn't play yesterday...and is looking like he's not going to get the major touches anymore. How can someone say three injured players are enough to get a RB that gets the full load on another team that is completely healthy?

8. German Jets Fan

to answer the first one, i need to know, how your team looks like aside from that trade.

i?d do the second one in a second! Scobee, taylor and kennison don?t have much value, but Lynch is a good #3 RB or flex starter.

9. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I don't know what you mean by close enough. Are you asking whether it is a good trade or whether it is vetoable? It's not a good trade (for the person getting rid of Fitz and TJones) but it isn't vetoable either.

The second trade is not vetoable either, although it's also a very bad trade.

10. German Jets Fan

PPR League, starts 2WRs, 2RBs 1W/R-Flex my WRs are:

Evans
    Roy Williams
    Vincent Jackson
    Ronald Curry
    Bernard Berrian

My RBs are:
    Rudi
    Maroney
    Edge
    Kevin Jones
    Norwood

i only got 1 QB:
    McNabb

I got a interesting trade on the Table: Curry for Cutler. I think Curry won?t be able to keep the good numbers up and having to rely on the Waiver wire if McNabb goes down isn?t a good perspective, so i?ll probably do it. What do you think?

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I just traded Bush/Colston for Housh/A. Peterson/C. Taylor

Taylor was added in case Peterson snaps his collar bone again.

Thoughts?

I have
    Starting other than Bush /Colston:
    Brees
    Gore
    R. Moss
    D. Driver
    Dallas Clarke
    Chargers

Bench:
    Marshawn Lynch
    Ladell Betts
    Calvin Johnson
    Packers

12. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I dunno . . . neither guy is impressive for fantasy purposes. Do you have any other WRs on your team? If you have another guy you could plug in, I say go for it.

13. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I see you've jumped ship on the Saints. Funny how, before the season began, that trade probably would have been vetoable. But it's not a bad trade given that Peterson has looked impressive. I'd call it a wash because I think the Saints will pick it up.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It was squashed.

15. German Jets Fan

i planed to start Roy Williams and Berrian at WRs, Maroney, Rudi at RB and Edge at Flex. So i got Evans, Kevin Jones (he was a top 20 back in my league last year, and he played only 12 games!!!), Curry, Norwood and V. Jackson to fill in. So i think i don?t really need Curry.

The main reason i like the trade is, that i don?t trust McNabb that much, if he gets hurt, i have to trade for a QB, so maybe, it?s better to take care of it before something happens.

16. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Makes sense. Do the trade.

17. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

That's BS...you obviously have an overzealous commissioner...that trade couldn't be more fair considering current circumstances. In my league, trades don't get vetoed without a GLARING value differential and a 6 of 10 vote.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I did the squashing...

Bush was my first overall pick and I'd be selling entirely low on him...

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

oh ok...when you said you made the trade, then it was squashed, i wasn't sure. I really like housh and AP is my fourth round sleeper...also got taylor...I like that combo. I'd still do it. Saints are questionable and you wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. Cincy D is terrible and the ball will be flying housh's way a lot. Do it!

20. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I just made an offer to trade Kitna for Marion Barber. Its a 2-back league, and I own Thomas Jones, Adrian Peterson, and Steven Jackson. Jackson will be out a few weeks, and Chester Taylor has been named the starter in Minn. So I'm hurting for somebody to start beside Jones, or at least I know I could get a huge benefit from having Barber on my roster. As for QB, I have Kitna and Romo, with Romo cemented as my starter for all but one of the next 14 weeks.