Pats Punishment is in!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan2004, Sep 13, 2007.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

nice try

all i know is we got blown out Sunday and look awful. i ain't covering that up with this like some of you.

2. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

All of the reports I've ready tonight have claimed that the Pats got off easy. Not sure what you're talking about.

3. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

This guy is the worst kind of troll. He claims to be a fan of a team and then takes every opportunity to take an unpopular position and then continue to hammer on how the majority are losers and crybabies for having an opinion. If he wasn't so attached to the attention he gets trolling he might be able to discern the complexities of the topic and stop lumping "everyone" into the other basket.

4. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

This just in

BB was on his way to his car after calling it a day at Gillette Stadium today. He was accompanied by R. Moss at the time. They noticed a group of reporters around BB's car. One reporter asked.. "So Bill how are you going to pay the $500,000 fine?" Belichick looked up and replied "straight cash homey" .... :lol: :lol:

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Do you even understand what the word cheating means....in sports?

If your Jets lost to YOUR patriots by one point..how would you feel then. Who gives a shit about the game. The Jet problems are the Jet problems. Thats a different worry for the fans, players..coaches. It has nothing to do with the discussion yet you continue to want to harp on that. Who the hell is talking about that. There are 100 threads with all of the problems the Jets have.

Are you saying that you can now look back at the Patriots 3 other superbowl squeaker wins and say you are OK with the history of the NFL?

Your claim that the Jets got blown you..what about the history of this great sport. The teams that lost to the Patriots were all within a touchdown.

Your probably the same fan that owns a Barry Bonds tshirt and sleeps every night on his Sammy Sosa puffed up pillow.

What part of integrity do you not understand. As a sports fan...a fan that loves the game and always hated BB...I knew one thing I could never take away from the guy...he was an incredible winner.

Couldnt really give two craps what the Pat trolls think...or if they care...but thats gone today..never coming back either.

6. Warrior

Warrior Member

I Guarantee ...

Bill Belichick's statement gets him in trouble.

The quote: "We never used video to our competitive advantage while the games were in progress"

Think about this statement - first of all why did he even make this statement?
    He obviously didn't have to explain himself.

Secondly, this is a very carefully crafted statement to tell the truth. But at the same time it reveals other truths - he's basically admitting he used illegally obtained video in the past to get a competitive edge in preparartion for games and more importantly it doesn't exclude halftime adjustments. The "game is not in progress". I guarantee this will be pursued.

7. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Let us know what your findings will be.

8. Warrior

Warrior Member

It would help if responses made sense. Didn't realize I was researching anything PAT NAT.

9. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

"I guarantee this will be pursued" .. I would like to know the outcome of the pursuing.. That's all.. No biggie..

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It will be interesting to see the Chargers' blitzes...hopefully they will penetrate.

11. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound like we're going to get the Pats' forfeited pick, does it, or is that yet to be determined?

12. Phyr

Phyr Member

I know everyone wanted them to forfeit but in the long run the lost of a 1st rounder is going to be alot bigger. The Pats are making the playoffs this year with or without the forfeit. This penalty takes an impact player that would probably start for at least the next 5 years off their team.

13. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

The Patriots have 5 first-day picks in 2008, more than any other team, including the 49ers 1st rounder (which will likely be a top-10). Taking away a 1st rounder is practically meaningless, and a 2nd and 3rd rounder (instead of first) is even more of a joke since the Patriots roster is so loaded with talent, the chances of a 3rd round pick even making the roster are slim to none. This year, only the Patriots' 1st and 2nd round picks made the team.

Once again, the Jets get f-cked.

14. The Mak

The Mak New Member

While this post made me lol mildly, the league mandated maximum find for a head coach is 500K.

Also, I seen Phyr's sig for the first time and I damn near fell out of my seat laughing.

15. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

These fines are just brushing off the dirt from Bellichick's shoulders. This was a blatent act of cheating and Goodell allowed him to just stroll out of the offices of the NFL. Bellichick's head was down walking towards the door, but when he went thru the doors, he picked his head up and smiled.

I'm sorry this isn't good enough in my eyes. He deserves a lengthy suspension and I still contend that the victory in the Win column should be moved to the Jets record. I know some of you have been saying "I don't want the forfeit win", but let's be honest here. This would have really taught Bellichick, Kraft & the Patriots a lesson and no matter how badly those jerks in New England would be crying, in my eyes it's the fair way of doing this the right way.

If the Jets were caught doing this & I don't care if people saying they are doing the same things like the Pats are, the point is simple. The Jets never did it & the Pats have. But if the Jets were caught doing it in this manner, I would be ashamed of my side and I expect them to get punished very severily.

This should be the correct way of teaching the Pats a lesson and it should also serve as a reminder to any team thinking of going this route including the Jets. You lose the win & your head coach should be suspended 10 Games.

16. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Hahahaa.. Hopefully there will not be any penetration without the Pats consent:rofl:

17. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

I'm sorry, can you repeat that? I think you returned your Jets Green for Pats Blue. Thanks alot we don't need you as a Jets fan anymore.

18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

See, this is what you types don't get. If Mangini ratted, WE'RE GLAD. Hello, is we're glad there? Well, guess what? We're glad! How long did you expect him to allow Belishrek to continue to do what he was doing at Mangini's own expense? BSlob taught him everything he knows, so blame him. Oh, my garden peas, I'm deflecting.

19. youraveragejoe29

youraveragejoe29 New Member

the patriots were proven responsible for the most embarassing thing ive seen in football in my lifetime.. thats a pretty big thing to me. i hope people see this team completely differnet from now on but if not whatever.. at the very least to us they lost a first rounder and it was a distraction to what was otherwise a distasterous loss.. whether it was cause of the bullshit playstealing or not. time to get back to football.. id love to be surprised with chad in there starting this week, but if not i got all the respect in the world for clemens .. hes shown his potential and has earned the chance to start if chad cant go. im wasted. go jets.

20. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

In F1 the Mclaren team was just fined $100 million for spying on Ferrari. This represents 25% of their yearly budget.

If we applied the same degree to the Pats and fined them 25% of their salary cap then we should be looking at a $25 million dollar fine.

Think of how many child care centres for the bastard children of NFL stars could be built.