Matt Estrella. Up close and personal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gmfidelity, Sep 12, 2007.

1. GreenMachine

Really? So how do you listen in? Some magic hanger with a wad of tin foil?

THEY HAD FREQUENCIES TO JAM THE RADIOS AND INTERCEPT JETS SIGNALS!!

Do you have a car radio? Do you get to listen to music? How does it get there?

Ready for a shocker......FM stands for Frequency Modulation. But, I bet you only transmit your drivel.

2. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I figured they were using a string attached to a tin can with a button inside

3. RichKotite

RichKotite Banned

Show me where anyone from the NFL has said that the Patriots had any irregular communications going on. It's all strictly rumor. People are now throwing crap against the wall to see if anything sticks.

So far the Pats have been accused of having 5 offensive players with radios in their helmets, having a defensive player with a radio in his helmet, jamming the Jets headsets, and listening in on the Jets transmissions. Yet with all those radios in use, and all those league people around, and with Jet's radio techs running the visiting team sideline communications, nobody noticed or found anything. The referees and Jets players never heard, or pointed out, the speakers in helmets??? Strange!!

4. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

B.s. I'm in complete agreement with you that the cheating is the use of video technology, not the sign stealing; I think that distinction has been talked to death.
    When people talk about the Pats cheating, you don't need to address the fact that sign stealing is not cheating anymore.

5. GreenMachine

The ESPN.com report also states that the league is reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game and that the team "did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup." In other words, besides watching and taping the coaches, the Patriots also may have been listening in.

6. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Other teams called it out... obviously Mangini knows how the operation works so he was the one to drop dime and catch them in the act

7. RichKotite

RichKotite Banned

You must be dense. Your car radio does not put out a signal or use a radio frequency. The radio station transmits a signal on a FCC licenced frequency. Your radio simply recieves the signal and translates it into sound. When they talk about using multiple frequencies, they are talking about transmitting not receiving.

Secondly, all NFL sideline communications are highly encrypted. You are not going to be able to travel around the country and hack into these systems unless you've hired an electrical engineer from Motorola who has all the encryption codes. This isn't radio shack equipment.

8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

A radio absolutely put out frequencies...

Oh and you brought up Motorola... Like an NFL team wouldn't have the money to hire someone break those tough encryption codes...u basically can listen in on a police scanner if it has enough juice and the crystal is set right...

9. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Got it.:up:

I guess it's just all the insinuation that the Jets lost because of this that gets me going.

I'm done with it.

10. RichKotite

RichKotite Banned

I did not ask you if ESPN had said it. I asked you to show me where anyone from the NFL had said it.

Have you ever known ESPN to make erroneous reports in the past??? Of course you have. This is what the media does best in this day and age..... pile on, and turn a story into a feeding frenzy. Report it first, and facts be damned. This story is being reported like Richard Jewel and the Atlanta Olympic Bombing.

11. GreenMachine

So what does the radio do? It RECEIVES A RADIO FREQUENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit being smug, arrogant, and naive at the same time.

12. RichKotite

RichKotite Banned

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can buy a police scanner at Radio Shack.

13. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

but he does it soooooo well!!!

14. GreenMachine

And just for the record...Encrypted or not, FCC requires that all radios accept interference.

15. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

There are more coaches that were in on the decision to do this if it continued to happen, read between the lines, the quotes from Fisher and Dungy (who said he had plenty to say but would wait) that is why there is a the rules and competition committee.

The Jets just happened to be the first game, if it was in Indy or SD or anywhere else, it would have happened this year...if the man who needed a rule clarification continued to go about business as usual we need to send a message that is as loud and clear as he could ever hear...

It just happened to be Belly's former "bestest" friend in the world...Et tu Brute?

I am sure they did not want to do it, but the reptile gave them no choice, a black eye on the NFL on opening weekend, nice job Bill, I am sure people in the stands want to spend thousands a year to see which team has a better "I SPY" staff.

Come clean and back to basics. When the Boston Globe runs articles on how coaches of Pop Warner teams are having trouble explaining it to the kids and all high school athletes wonder why their team can't do this (cause everyone else does) you have made a brilliant statement that will tower over your legacy, take the fall.

(I still believe there will be a resignation before the season is over)

#95 jets&rushfan, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  16. RichKotite

RichKotite Banned

...and what exactly would that have to do with "the Patriots listening in on the Jets communications," as you claimed???

Answer........nothing.

17. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

with extra frequencies they could be listening to offensive calls... using it on defense, using it to transmit the handsignals, who the hell knows? where there's smoke there's fire

18. RichKotite

RichKotite Banned

I could tell you where the smoke is coming from, but.......

19. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Don't worry honeybunny... looks like it's all be over soon and you can go back to cheaterfans.com and lick each others wounds... should be interesting to see how the season will play out now that the Pats will have to play everyone on equal terms

20. Analog Kid

Analog Kid Member

Thanks for the response. but I'd imagine the NFL has a rule against (and the Pats were warned about) this behavior for a reason. Specifically, it's assumed that, if you're videotaping, you're using that information to gain an unfair advantage. There's no doubt that BB violated the letter of the law, and by doing so, Goodell is going to conclude that also violated the spirit of the law. That's what seems reasonable and logical to me.