Pats fans' reactions

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ........, Sep 12, 2007.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Here's Bill Simmons' take on the situation. Early on, he comments: "Just know that every Pats fan is horrified" and then proceeds to discuss with another NE dirtbag all of the reasons why it wasn't such a big deal and how everyone is overreacting.

I haven't seen a SINGLE truly horrified Pats fan. Those who claim to even be upset all turn around and suggest that it's really not that bad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070912

#181 ........, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  2. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

That's whole point. Everyone up in Boston & New England are cheaters and scum bags. Just look at the Kennedy's. How many times did they get away with murder in the last 30 years.

Good old Teddy. Sets the example very nicely.

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Only a slight number of of times less than the Bush family. Seeing as a Kennedy was killed by his own people for wanting to end the Vietnam dibacle really hurts your thread hijacking point.

Back to the thread please.

4. I bleed Jets Green

I am hoping the Commishioner will take away that win and give it to us. Forfeit or legit I don't care. Your dumb ass coach was caught cheating and his downfall will be taking away that win to teach you bastards a lesson. So you will go 12-4 with no Super Bowl.

But since you and your fellow fans don't feel ashamed of your coaches actions, I guess crooks and theives just go hand in hand huh? Still proud of being crooks, liars & cheats. That's your motto.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Only after we discuss the merits and virtue of Chappaquiddick.

6. I bleed Jets Green

See I didn't go political, you did. We all know about Mr. Kennedy and his scandles. I never attacked his political character, I attacked his nature as a person. All I said was he is a cheater, like the rest of them up there. There is no hijack of this thread, just the gods honest truth. Now if you want to make this a political thread then you sir are hijacking it, not me.

All I'm saying is that good old Teddy is their poster boy of Cheating. That's it.

7. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

Oh come on. Every single sports fan is biased and everyone knows it. I can 100% guarantee that if the situation were the opposite everyone on this board would be doing what guys on Patriots boards are doing and guys on Pats boards would be saying what you're saying. I'm not saying that this wasn't a complete douche-bag, classless move. But, it seems like every time the issue of "well how do we know this isn't more widespread?" or "how big of a difference could this actually make?" the only response is something like "you're spinning it!!!" "go ahead, try and rationalize it", and stuff like that. The problem with that is that it doesn't address those statements at all.

Bill Belichick is an arrogant asshole. I don't like him, and he is the coach of my team and has led them to 3 Super Bowls so I can only imagine what you guys think of him. But some of the stuff being said here is well....retarded. It's when people say things like "oh they wouldn't have won those super bowls" or "well we would have beaten them Sunday had they not done that", that it goes over the line. Take a look at the players around the NFL. It clearly isn't just the MLB that has a huge PED problem and I wouldn't be surprised if an enormous chunk of the players in the NFL are on some form of 'roids or HGH.
    Yes, I know that steroids and what happened on Sunday are completely unrelated, however, when someone says something like "cheating is cheating the Pats= the death of fairness in the Nfl" they should probably remember that most likely they root for a team of cheaters in a league of cheaters. I know that what the Pats did was classless and unnecessary but before you start attacking other cities, fans, and teams why don't you make sure that nobody rooting for your team is an idiot and that no current or former member of the Jets has ever cheated in any way?

#187 dubagedi, Sep 13, 2007
  8. GreenMachine

[​IMG]

9. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

His blog was a joke. He took the easy way and out and used the well-every-one-else-is-doing-it defense.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It seems to be a common theme of the defenders that "everyone does it". What they fail to realize is that only one team has been caught so the rest is just speculation.
    When other teams get caught you can say I told you so, until that time there is only one culprit and trying to distribute blame does nothing except fan the flames higher.
    I also heard baron samwhatever post here and try to say that Bellicheck was doing this to bring about a change to allow the defense to wear in-helmet radios. One of the faults I find with this arguement is I believe N.E. was one of the teams to vote against this in the last winter meetings.
    When a member of the Jets is caught cheating we can address that at that time until then we will focus on the confirmed cheat.

11. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I have no idea what real impact it had on the games. However, it isn't just "people saying things," it is NFL players "saying things"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3017964

12. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

I agree. In fact, his blog disgusted me with the way that it started and proceeded to bash fellow media members for taking such a harsh stand. I really used to like Simmons but over the past few years he has become more and more irritating and less readable.

So, I called Jinxy to talk about the Pats situation and he was like, F*ck it, lets just go to Vegas, and then after three and a quarter martinis and two hours at the blackjack tables, I was feeling better. By the way, if you ever go to Vegas be sure not to order the Friendly Fries at the Sands, I mean they're great but will give you seruous hearburn. Actually the sports gal... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

13. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

It's like he started his blog with some interesting thoughts on the Spygate and then just said, f'it, I'll just email some other rabid pats fan and we'll see what happens.

I agree, lately his columns have lacked creativity and he seems to just use recycled old jokes. I think it is like when he was working on the Kimmel show and was mailing his column in because it wasn't a primary focus for him.

#193 BlairThomas#1, Sep 13, 2007
  14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Your avatar is hilarious.

15. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

what i don't get, is why the Pats fans are so quick to blindly defend BB.....its pretty easy to say yeah some of these guys allegedly did something wrong but I'm looking forward to putting it behind us and enjoying the rest of the season with my football buddies...wtf

16. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

No, our motto is If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin'.

Thanks, LT:up:

17. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

The fact that you take pride in that speaks volumes

18. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

This quote has a special, warm place in my heart because LT was dumb enough to say it just before they play the Pats....I mean, even if you think it and believe it, why say it at that time? Talk about a motivator.....

19. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

It would be a motivator if they weren't JUST CAUGHT CHEATING!!!! It's an embarrassment... plain and simple... the motivator is for the Chargers who now have reason to believe they were the victims of cheaters

20. dbeast

dbeast New Member

Looks like NE was in your backfield all day long b/c WE ARE A FAR SUPERIOR TEAM. Goodell said the tape had no impact on the game. Looks like you need to find another excuse for your team sucking so bad.