Who is excited for Kellen Clemens?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Sep 13, 2007.

1. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The second round of the playoffs are not good enough. I want a super bowl and a Qb that can get us there. I would rather find out what we have in Clemens right now then have another 9-7 year and first round playoff loss. The Patriots showed in week one what I have been saying all winter on this board. Our team is not remotely close to playing at their level. The scary thing is they will be ten times better come Jan. We are not on the Colts or Chargers level either. We will find out where we stand with the Ravens, Pitt and Cincy as well this year. Im sad to say the answer will be the same as the colts and Pats. We are still rebuilding and still alot of players away from the Sb! We will prob go 6-10 or 7-9 with Chad or Kellen.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

You said that last year and we went 10-6. Putting Clemens in is not going to make us as good as the Patriots. I hate to break it to you, but if we go 6-10 with Clemens it's for nothing because we'll be replacing him by next season too. Once again, I'm rooting for us to win, whoever is in there, I don't want to go 6-10.

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Too be Honest - I am not at all excited about our potential QB of the future making his first NFL start against the Ravens D with our O-Line. I forsee Career ending Injury , Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or permanent Happy Feet embedded in his psyche after the inevitable beating he is going to take.

4. FOURTHANDLONG

Please find what I said last year. It was not that.

5. Italian Seafood

I don't have to, you only say the same thing over and over and over. If it weren't for trashing Pennington you would hardly have any posts here at all. Explain then how replacing Pennington with Clemens makes us as good as the Patriots or the Colts.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Darren Woodson just said that Kellen Clemens has the chance to be the next Montana :lol: :lol: :lol:

jumping the gun a bit

7. FOURTHANDLONG

It doesn't make us as good as either team. It just lets us know what direction we have to go towards for the future regarding Qb. I trust to cos and I think they made a good pick with Clemens but this is not a good situation to make your first start. And for the record I did not like the way Clemens had to come in last week. I want Chad to walk of the field for the last time not be carried off. I never questioned his heart or his smarts and on the Ravens or bears he could win a Sb because it would be a field position game and all he would have to do is not mess something off. On our team that is not happening so I feel it is time to move in another direction.

8. Italian Seafood

Wow, I actually agree with everything you said.

Except Chad did walk off the field last week, he wasn't carried off. To be precise, he hopped off, came back to lead a TD drive and TD pass to Coles, then limped off. :up:

9. FOURTHANDLONG

On that note lets enjoy this weeks game and come up with more theories to post here next week. Lol...

10. Italian Seafood

Sounds like a plan. We can argue about right tackle from now on. :smile:

11. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

Think of it this way, after seeing the Ravens D everything will be cake...until they play San Diego....and New England again...wait we don't play Chicago do we?

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

we dont play San Diego this year

13. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

About 50,000 at the Meadowlands seemed to be... :rolleyes:

I'm a noted Penny fan as well, but I'm "interested" in seeing what KC can do. I wouldn't say I'm "excited" by any means. Listen, he's by no means an anointed savior. He could very well play like a second-round pick who has limited NFL experience under his belt...

14. Capt. Ace Nick

Mo Lewis-Drew Bledsoe equals Jarvis Green-Penny...SuperBowl BABY

15. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

iam really happy for clemens and the jets. the new look, new era is on its way and what matters the most is in the win column. it would suck if we go 0-2.

16. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Yeah, that was very cool.

:up:

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because you're implying that having Chad as QB automatically makes this a respectable team. That's just not true. Having Peyton Manning as QB would not automatically make the Jets respectable this year. They have too many holes to do anything other than meander through this season.

That's reality.

#97 Br4d, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007