Dear Pats Fans

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Bill, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Bill

Bill New Member

Dear Pats Fans,

I'm sorry that you have to face such criticism at this time in the league. You have a great franchise, one that has finally been built up from the awfulness it once had. You've all been owning up to the mistake, and I feel bad for the shame you must feel. If the Jets pulled a stunt like that, I would feel equally ashamed. I hope that this ceases to occur in the future, and you can hold your heads up again in a few years when you successfully win games without any shadow of a doubt.

-A Fellow Football Fan

PS: This only applies to that 1-3% of your fans who are actual fans, and not the bandwagoning nutjobs. To the Patriots fans who try to defend what happened, please go follow Professional Wrestling or something, because you clearly don't understand fairness in sports.

2. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

where are the shame riddled pats fans? ive only seen the pompous assholes who defend cheating to the death...

3. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Pats Nation NY, seems like one of the good ones to me

4. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Some of these guys are more annoying than DPG's (dog pecker gnats)

PNNY is cool.

5. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Dirtywater aint bad either, he always seems to look for Jets positives even when we lose. I think he might be a closet Jets fan.

6. chris66

chris66 Member

I dont think you will find any pats fan who doesnt feel shamed for this, because it wasnt warranted. The pats have a great team this year probably the best team they have in this decade.

I think what pats fans are defending , at least from my perspective is that it had a direct outcome in this game. and jets fans asking for a forfeit. I should point out that this board has been pretty good stating that the tape had no bearing on this game, but the other boards like juvenile insider cant grasp that the reason jets lost was that managini didnt have the team prepared.

I personally think a fair punishment is a fine and a 2nd and 5th dp.

7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

It will be interesting to see how the pats o'line responds to the chargers d on sunday.

man am i a pats-hater.

8. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Then why are you harrassing us with your posts here go to that site and harrass them.

I think Belly should get a 4 game suspension! mainly because I think that would drive home that the commish is serious about this rule and I think that draft picks won't really effect the pats because they have a stockpile! But Belly not being envolved with the team for 4 weeks would drive him nuts!

9. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

My initial reaction was surprise and a small amount of embarrassment, though I was and am still convinced what they did was not unusual...it's just the Jets called them out to League authorities, instead of just letting security remove the guy.

After a few days of some of the ridiculous amount of hatred and spite, and some of the silly notions of what the punishment will be, I have come around to a more arrogant POV. Everyone criticizing the Pats refuses to accept even the notion that their team could ever possibly use any tactics like this . The blinders are off the Pats fans, and on everyone else at this point.

10. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I agree. But I think since it happened against the Jets, and even though I think the Pats still would have won we can never be 100% sure, so I think the Jets should be compensated to some degree since the infraction was against them. I say the 2rd pick is forfeit, they award the 5th to the Jets, and Belichek deserves some kind of punishment either monitarily or a week suspension.

#10 dabrowsk1, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  11. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I accept the possibility, I readily admit the Jets could be doing it, who knows. But the Pats were the ones that got caught, in fact for the 4th time. And the sheer stupidity and/or arrogance of BB is what gets me. 1) to do it against Mangini's (who obviously knew this was going on after working for Bill for so long) team WITH THE SAME GUY that was caught in other venues, 2) after being caught by other teams on numerous occasions, 3) after the NFL sent out a letter warning EVERY team, and 4) when the Pats already had a reputation with other teams of pulling stunts like this. It just reaks of arrogance, and BB and the Pats thinking the NFL would never do anything to them. That is what I find more offensive than the actual spying, the utter arrogance of BB.

#11 dabrowsk1, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  12. stephenw

stephenw New Member

Date Suspended Suspension Length Name Position Team
    April 10, 2007 Entire 2007 season Adam "Pacman" Jones[9] Cornerback Tennessee Titans
    First 8 games of 2007 season Chris Henry[9] Wide receiver Cincinnati Bengals
    June 4, 2007 8 games Terry "Tank" Johnson[10] Defensive tackle Chicago Bears*
    August 24, 2007 Indefinite Michael "must luv dogs" Vick[11] Quarterback Atlanta Falcons
    September 14,2007 Indefinite Bill "The Cheat" Belichick[00] BENT OVER

13. Ryan

Ryan Banned

Do you you theink Bellicheck should be suspended? I do, it's the same that Harrison got for cheating.

14. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Arrogant? Absolutely, no argument there. Stupid? Hardly. This was his way of throwing down the gauntlet to the league regarding these rules. He knew he would be caught, he didn't try to hide what was going on. he did it in front of Mangini, with the NFL leadership in the stadium!

I don't think this was a case of Belichick going oops! There is some purpose to this.

Personally, I think it is part of his agenda to get the defense miked up like the offense, a rules change that only failed by 2 votes this off season.

I'm not defending what was done, just presenting a plausible reason why it happened.

15. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Bingo!!!!!! Let’s see this new tough Commissioner impose something along the lines of these other guy's sentences. “FOR CONDUCT DETRMENTAL TO THE IMAGE OF THE NFL"

16. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Oh look we have managed to scrum up another Troll on the board that im sure will visit time to time to let us kknow how bad of a team we are! You owe your Dynasty to us.! Thats right the Jets Bishes!

17. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

This wouldn't bug me so much (the video taping) if the Pats fans out there would stop trying to defend it. You cheated and got caught....own up to it, accept the verbal assaults and move on.

:gpc:

18. stephenw

stephenw New Member

I just heard free Video and Audio equipment up at Foxboro to the first 100 people. Plus Belicheat is looking to work for the CIA

19. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

There's some spin, lol. I don't think BB had some ulterior motive that will somehow benefit the league. I just think he is an arrogant SOB, who thought the league would never punish him or its precious championship Pats. He didn't care about flaunting what he was doing in the face of the NFL because he didn't think they had the balls to do anything to him. Your explanation is just as good as any, but based on BB's personality and past actions, I don't see it.

The scary thing is, BB being knocked down a peg or 2 might turn out to be good for the Pats in the long run. Unfortunately.

20. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

i think bellicheat should get `50 lashes to the bottom of the feet, singapore style