Who is excited for Kellen Clemens?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Sep 13, 2007.

1. smelly_joe

smelly_joe New Member

id feel sorry for chad after everything he's brought to this team (and that is alot, despite no SB) if that game against new england - which it turns out they cheated in- ends up being his last game for this franchise- i know he will completely support the coaches if they decide to start clemens over a healthy chad eventually- but i also know he'll be dissapointed even if he doesnt express it- how could he not be

2. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This morning's Star-Ledger reported that Clemens will start. It apparently came from an "undisclosed" source within the Jets. They're usually pretty accurate with that stuff though.

4. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

Id chad doesnt start again i dount the franchise will let him ago. I can picture Chad as an excellent backup as well as a great teacher and eventual sideline coach. He'll stay in NY and retire a Jet. he's given way to much to this franchise to be tossed aside like moldy tangerines...

5. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

yeah they just fed me the link and i saw on nj.com. I'll assume that its accurate but i'd feel alot better if ESPN or SI would publish it already.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I was going to say...

If he has no time like last week and can't throw, then what?

7. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Im going to the game sunday and im not excited. I think the jets are gonna get crushed, with baltimore coming from a loss and the jets just plain out sucking and starting clemens. Bet the house on baltimore. Maybe im saying all this because im a huge pennington fan

8. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Any hope we have of sniffing the playoffs rides on Chad's return. We just have to hope he can be back for Miami. I wish Kellen the best and am excited to see what the kids got, any true fan should be. But there are few who appreciate Chad more than myself, and his worth is always miscalculated. If Kellen can eek out a win that would be amazing, but we have to hope Chads absence is not pro-longed.

I remember the night before Chads 1st actual start, its was 2002 vs KC, I went to the game and he came running out of the tunnel banging helmets and slapping hands, the place erupted, I wish Kellen had that oppurtunity at home.

Lets see what the kid can do.!!

9. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

i am a huge chad fan and i really hope he gets to playing condition soon. But i really do wanna see what this kid can do against the ravens defense. I am majorly pumped for the game

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

F* Clemens. (/joking)

I'm excited for those of us that will be watching the game.

How many people realise that the knock on Clemens coming out was.....

arm stregnth...?

11. ........

........ Trolls

Short leash much? If Clemens does start, his career won't hang entirely on this season. If he struggles, he'll still receive a chance next season.

I'm glad to see what Clemens can do, but I hate that it came about like this. Hopefully Chad will be back and able to play soon.

12. jetsfan4ever80

jetsfan4ever80 New Member

I like CP but I'm excited to see what KC can do and I definitely wouldn't mind if he outperformed CP, but I find that being highly unlikely against the Ravens. If he can have a decent game I will be more than happy.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sounds like Chad before his two shoulder surgeries.

14. Beamen

Beamen New Member

All of us want to see Clemens come out and be our savior, but don't set yoru expectations too high folks... You will be sorely disappointed, at least for one week....

I will be happy if Clemens goes in there, and does any better than a 3 INT performance.... This is a VERY difficult situation for a QB to be in for his first start... One of the most talented, fastest defenses in the league, and he's throwing behind an offensive line that still has not come close to gelling....

Good luck to KC, and I hope that Jets fans don't crucify him if/when he has an unimpressive start...

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Good Luck to Kellen. It will be interesting to see if they go deep a little more. I'm excited for him, but hope the best for Chad, he has been a warrior.

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Whoever plays, I will be rooting just as hard for the Jets as I did when Bubby Brister and Frank Reich each replaced an injured Neil O'Donnell. I want the Jets to win, period. Best case scenario is that, Clemens, if he plays, turns into another Tom Brady, but the chances of that are about 1 in a million.

If Clemens is good it shouldn't take a whole season of losing to figure it out. Chad stepped into a 1-3 team in the middle of a game, and after a couple of tough losses went on a roll that season and we won the division. Brady did the same thing with an 0-2 team, won the Super Bowl. Chad was in his third year, Brady his second, Clemens his second. No reason he can't results right away if he's the real deal. Otherwise the coaching staff won't stick with him, there is no time for losing.

17. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Am I allowed to cheer for Clemens' success? I was chastized for doing so last week, so I want to make sure it is ok first.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Chad stepped into 1-2. He didn't start week 4 against Jacksonville but he threw 34 passes in that game and only missed the first series.

3 weeks later the Jets were 2-5 and the Chad Pennington era was established.

19. Canadian

Canadian New Member

I would rather see Pennington start, but if Kellen does get to play, my hope is that he will be rather good

20. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Tough to go downfield ,when your QB on his back. Jets don';t get better blocking up front, it not going to matter who the Qb is. In fact you might be seeing tuiasosopo alot sooner.