The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread (Merged 21x (ugh))

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

How far back and has this had an effect on their dynasty. I mean all those years in critical situations the Pats always had the perfect play called. The always seemed to be one step ahead of everyone they played. We all just chalked it up to great coaching and Tom Brady. Now this, it just makes you wonder... too bad the NFL will not look back in the past and see if this was being done in the playoffs, hell even the SB. It just makes you question everything about them.

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Nothing on that.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

anyone hear the "Cheat on the Jets" song on Mike and Mike? It was to the tune of the Ramones "Beat on the brat".

Cheat on the Jets
    Cheat on the Jets
    Cheat on the Jets with a video cassette oh yeah

4. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

If that was the case then why did Estrella argue with security for and hour to the point that NJ State Police had to be called? If they thought they were doing nothing wrong why not hand over the tape...

I actually hope he gave this lame excuse... It seems to me that not owning up when caught pisses Goodell off more

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That's an interesting take, but let's consider this:

Bill Belichick was a poor performing head coach in Cleveland. When Bill Parcells took over the NY Jets, he gave Belichick the job of defensive coordinator, with the stipulation on the club to promote Belichick to head coach when Parcells retired. This was after it had become public knowledge that Belichick was hated by almost every player he'd ever coached.

When Parcells retired, Belichick took money from then owner Leon Hess, an old man just hoping for a Super Bowl before his life ended, and then high-tailed it for New England's head coaching position, where his success was based pretty solely upon a "lucky" injury to his starting QB at the hands of the NY Jets.

Mangini may be a rat, but like his coaching skills, he learned from one of the best.

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Yup!

Burn Beli burn!

7. Jserr4802

Jserr4802 New Member

Pats Dynasty Tainted forever

last sunday was a dark day for me, another jets loss and my QB was hurt again!! I did not see any joy in chads injury but was excited to see the kid in there. Then this story broke, and now i sit here listening to opinion after opinion about how bad this is for the pats and there legacy. Are there big wins tainted? If the chargers go in there and blow them out, yes, everyone will think the could not cheat, thats why they lost. The Pats disgraced forever was worth a loss the first week, Thank You Bill, I'm glad you walked away from the Jets.

8. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

how long has he been doing this? it sounds like since mangini was with the pats.

that means that last year when we beat them in their house we beat them with the pats cheating, which means mangini is truly a genius.

this is why i think belichek was so upset mangini left, because he knew he was going to bust him.

which also means we will be beating the pats more often now, and have a chance at the division.

9. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

They have taken both video and audio recordings from their own sidelines the entire time BB has been with the Patriots. The primary purpose of the cameras and recordings was to record the Patriots sidelines for their own quality control.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

God love Patriot fans (most are low life worthless douchebags)

1st it's Sour grapes and no big deal

2nd it's everybody else is doing so what

3rd it's ehh the NFL isn't going to punish us too hard

4th it's BB apologized so we're ok

Now it's Mangini is a rat

You clowns do so much spinning I think Hillary Clinton sould hire you to do her PR. Just curious do any of you work for FoxNews?

11. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

Lenn Robbins NY Post Atricle on Spygate 9/13/07

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09132007/sports/jets/jets_fast_forward__but_billick.htm

12. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

NFL Players weigh-in on Spygate (Strahan, Farve, etc.)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09132007/sports/joyful_jag___they_re_busted__.htm

13. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Damn that's some FBI shit. But why was a memo issued, why wasn't this looked into by the league. I guess you need solid proof, which we have, and not accusations. I hope the Chargers use a cryptex this week and kick the shit of the Pats.

14. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

If you guys keep posting new threads with simple news items, I'm just going to move this thread to the NFL forum and you can do what you want there. There is no reason for us to have merged 17 threads into this one big one over the last 2 days. I keep repeating this over and over again.

Carry on.

15. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

my apologies

16. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I love these quotes from players, like Hines Ward, and the one from Shaun Alexander on SportsCenter..... Everyone has that same thing where it kind of dawns on them... 'Hmmm, maybe that's why the Pats were always one step ahead of us....'

If I were the Steelers or Colts, I'd be really upset about this, seeing as how they've had spectacular seasons ended by New England over and over again, and now there's a possibility that those weren't honest losses...

17. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Oh man this keeps on getting better and better :grin:

18. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Just watched SportsCenter, and Skip Bayless, as much as I hate him, tore Sean Salisbury a new one for his stupid biased opinion on the Patriots scandal...

Salisbury is an idiot... 'The Jets players could have all been on steroids and it wouldn't have made a difference'

So let me get this straight....

You can cheat, so long as you're more talented than your opponent? If you're favored in the game, you can go ahead and break the rules, because you would have won anyway?

Go to hell, Salisbury...

19. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

I think some1 else mentioned this but Salisbury was on Mike and Mike this morning and said it was all an act. He needed to debate from one side and bayless from the other point of view

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Got a link to the video?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.