ESPN: Hot Seat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa, Sep 12, 2007.

1. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

It's still cheating. It's still an unfair advantage. I could understand why you're so desperately trying to sweep this under the rug, but really...wake up.

Anyway, Salisbury basically does not consider knowing what your opponent is going to do through prohibited means as "cheating", and can't understand why it's such a big deal. Maybe a retard like him couldn't have made use of knowing the opponent's plays, but competent coaches and players out there can.

Other analysts have brought up great points. Knowing where the blitz is coming from, knowing what coverage the secondary will be in...how can anyone think that's insignificant information?

One of Salisbury's points was that Moss would've caught the touchdown anyway. His reasoning behind it? None. He just states it, and expects people to believe him. Well, my contention is that wouldn't knowing where the blitz is coming from be helpful in giving Brady that time to throw the ball? Wouldn't knowing what coverage the CBs and Safeties are in help Moss find the soft spots? Seriously...does he even think about what he says?

2. BradyLegacy

BradyLegacy Banned

lol....hate..hate some more...envy him...put him down...be jealous...be very jealous..hate him...hate him some more...

3. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

In response to the last thing you said, clearly, he doesnt.

4. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

He is a dumb piece of shit. He is like "it doesn't matter the Patriots can blow out the Jets, cheat or no cheat blah blah blah... the Patriots has so much more talent blah blah blah..."
    I hope the Patriots lose and the Jets win this week. It will shut this asshole up.

If the Patriots were getting no edge off this why take the risk???
    In the NFL, a little edge is a BIG advantage!!! One play can change the game.

We really don't know what they do with those recording... but I think they are both underestimating and overestimating him at the same time.

5. jetsaholic1094

Is this the best you can do? Since you can't offer any solid defense for cheating, you basically resort to lame excuses as "everyone's doing it" or "you're all just jealous that the Patriots win by cheating".

Think about it, if Philly knocked you guys out of the Superbowl, and it was determined all their players were suped up on steroids, or had the Patriots playbook on their sidelines, or knew all their signals...wouldn't you think it's grounds to question the integrity of that organization?

6. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

you're not doing a very good job saving face for your team pookie...

7. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

I was watching the early sportscenter, and they asked sean about if he thought it gave to patriots a competetive advantage. he used the alloted time to just rip the jets, even saying they were gona "smack us down" next time.

it's jsut infuriating. all he does is lick patriots/payton manning/lt nut sak. i think he only has his job because his southern accent to appeal to a demographic. he was a marginal player for a short period of time and has no business running his mouth on tv.

8. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

I saw this too and the little gay guy was negligent. SS was arguing everybody watches opposing signals. But what the little gay guy failed to remind SS about was, Devices on the sideline are illegal, NE was warned, NE ignored, got caught.
    This whole thing is hugely underhanded and for SS to say this is overblown? WTF, how does he have a job?

9. jetsaholic1094

I wouldn't mind it so much if he'd at least back up his nonsense ranting with some reasoning. He just spews all this crap, and doesn't explain any of it. Seriously, what does he do that anyone on this board can't? I've seen trolls come up with better arguments than he has.

10. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

NFL network...

totally trashingthe Pats

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Nice. NFL Network doesn't have Salisbury either. Damn Comcast for getting rid of it.

12. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

i cant believe i really have to spell this out but:

Bonds takes steroids...steroids=cheating
    Bellicheat uses illegal cameras to steal signs....cameras=cheating

if bellicheat cheating is not a big deal go tell all the bonds haters that its no big deal.

13. BradyLegacy

BradyLegacy Banned

yes it was unfair..NO ONE CAN DENY this..and belichick should take responsible for his arrogance for doing it so brazenly.But i understand why your trying to overblow this as much as possible. plse wake up...

what SS(whom i dont even like) ment is that Pats went up and down the field since their first drive.(did they even punt?) So whatever adjustment they couldve or did wouldnt have much difference. pats was much superior on paper and it did indicated that they were from very start. His thinking is much more logical than what you trying to desperatly convey that Jets couldve competitvely compete if pats didnt record the signals.And how did that effect the play when hobbs ran 108 yards for TD return or Randy Moss caught 51 yard td with 4 jets were covering him...lol

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

very, very nice statement and so true!

jil

15. Gator

Gator Active Member

I saw hot seat. It's TV, that's all. If the tone of the piece, any piece at this point, is that the Pats are cheaters and it's a disgrace and blah blah blah... you just change the channel. We might not as Jets fans because we can't get enough of it, but nationally most fans will. So they need someone to take the other side and try to make it a debate or somewhat interesting. Enter Salsbury. He does that a lot. He's their point man in this type of situation. He's perfect for it. He sucked as a player so he has no football reputation nor any team affiliation to uphold. Plus, most hate him already. Like, if it was John Elway saying it, for example, would be an idictment against the Broncos, the Super Bowl and all things sacred. It's Sean Salsbury. Who cares.

16. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

is their anyway to check this clowns IP vs those that were banned over the past 2 days?

17. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Eh...they're not really trolling... at least they're debating no matter how ludicrous they're arguments are

18. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

Im not asking for a ban, just asking if somoene (mods, petro, anyone) can check their IP's against those who have been banned the past 2-3 days.

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

At this point I find the apologists more annoying than anything else. I can understand why Pats fans are having a tough time owning up to how bad this is, but the attitude of people like Salisbury is utterly absurd. No one really cares whether you think that this sort of thing can help, Sean - clearly Belichick thought it would help, or he wouldn't have done it (especially after being explicitly warned about it). That point makes all of the arguments about how much it matters completely moot.

20. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

im not envious of BB....thats first. would i like to see the jets have the kind of success that the pats have had the last 5 years? of course....what fan wouldnt want their team to be on top. but if it came out that my team cheated i wouldnt defend it and be blindly loyal. i gues it comes down to the kind of person you are or want to be at the end of the day.

id rather watch the jets lose and do it honestly than to have anything like whats been alledged and is proving itself to be true and a recurring theme will BB and the pats.

winning beats losing, but you shouldnt lose yourself in winning.