The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread (Merged 21x (ugh))

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csw572

csw572 Banned

Does anyone find it unfair???

ESPN analysts and former players were saying how huge of an advantage it was to have those tapes, so you have to believe that it altered the game in many ways. Everyone is worrying so much about the Patriots punishment, but what do the jets get out of the deal? They got completely screwed in a HUGE division game. I firmly believe that New England should forfeit the game and the Patriots be used as an example of to deter teams from doing similar things in the future. The Jets should atleast receive the Patriots lost draft pick or picks if they lose them. I just think that losing a 25 or higher draft pick is a small penalty for cheating a division rival on opening day or any team for that matter. If Goodell is so dead set on rehabilitating the integrity of this league by punishing criminals I think he should definately take a look at CHEATERS and think about what thats doing for the game. I would rather watch a league of convicts than see the NFL's modern dynasty cheat their way to the record books. Has anyone heard if the Jets will receive anything to compensate them for the Patriots crime? Its a shame that our season had to start out like this, but this is the kind of thing that winners find a way to prevail through. LETS GO JETS!

2. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Fatso & Fruitloops coming up on WFAN... I wonder if they'll actually discuss this today

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I also wonder if Mangini took part in this thing if they've been doing it for years.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I found this funny..... it's the Chicken's press conference

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/?p=1585

The Patriots have released the following statement from head coach Bill Belichick:

“Earlier this week, I spoke with Commissioner Goodell about a videotaping procedure during last Sunday’s game and my interpretation of the rules. At this point, we have not been notified of the league’s ruling. Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players. Following the league’s decision, I will have further comment.”

Belichick just opened his press conference by saying he would only take questions on the upcoming game against the Chargers and he stuck to it, refusing to answer any queries on the situation with the Jets.

5. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I'm sure he did but what could he do as an employee of Beliqueer?

6. jetmatt12

jetmatt12 New Member

I think it would be a disgrace if we were given this win. We did not deserve it at all. It would be absurd for the Jets to be 1-0 right now. We need to go out Sunday in Baltimore and secure a real win to get our season going strong. We don't need this sore loser stuff, even if they Pats did cheat (and ARE being punished, probably with draft picks, in a way that will benefit us in that it will hurt the Pats down the line)

7. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

8. Jets Fan from NE

I'm a true green blooded Jets fan. But i HAD respect for an organization that could win 3 super bowls. Not anymore. I HATE cheaters. There are rules that everybody plays by. The penalty should be forefitting that game as well as fines and losing of ALL draft picks. Cheating is tollerated in sports (just look at Bonds.) Rules are to be adhered to or BIG penalities should assessed. Oh, BTW Bellachicken should be not only fired but should not be able to coach in the NFL EVER. Please excuse my mis-spellings, I'm pissed and I don't feel like going back to correct them.

9. csw572

csw572 Banned

Sorry this is my first thread....i accidentally posted it on the forum twice under a different name

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

As an interesting side note on Weiss; there was a front page article on ESPN just two days ago regarding how bad ND's offense is this year.

Perhaps when you no longer have an advantage you relied upon, you can't do the same job?

Now I'm not going to just implicate the guy with no evidence to back it up, but it does make things interesting.

It's absolutely amazing how much this event has snowballed in 3 days. Belichick and Brady are the new Paris and Lindsey!

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

How do you know we didn't deserve to win. We weren't on an even playing field when the game was played?

Don't you think one team being able to know the plays being called is an unfair advantage?

12. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

yep.

i dont think theres many that think the jets would have won the game based on their play sunday. the pats having signals or not, we couldnt block them when we were on offense, and couldnt muster much.

the thing that broke the game open, the 108 yard return didnt happen because of crossed signals. hobbs made a heck of a play along with the piss poor tackling on the jets part.

we dont deserve the win, but the pats deserve to be punished.

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I wonder if he gave his apology to the commissioner on a crumpled up piece of paper... it probably read, "My bad."

14. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I'm surprised Kraft didn't run in and throw his coat over Beli and rush him away from the podium

15. Gator

Gator Active Member

Wait till they go on the road. I would think it'll be an interesting scene behind their bench the rest of the year when they play a road game.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Pennington led two scoring drives after the first quarter, including one AFTER he injured his ankle.

The blocking notwithstanding, he was having his way with their defense.

The Play to Moss, and the 10 minute drive by NE were the deciding fators in that game, and both are suspect directly because of the manner of cheating.

17. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

vision, the offensive line play was disgusting. without our signals the pats have the better team. they have a better roster of players, a more complete offense, and a much better defense.

i didnt think we would win a game until week 3, when we play a team we are better than. as much as it pains me to say it, the pats have a much better team than we do. unless we play flawlessly and execute perfectly we had no chance to beat NE.

the pats need to get smacked down by the commish...but if there were no cameras in the stadium on sunday we still would have lost.

18. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i wouldnt say chad was having his way with the pats. he played well, but he wasnt playing over the top or anything. he was the only player on offense who had a good game...

with 14 min left in the 3rd qtr we were down by 2 scores.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

we don't deserve the loss either! There's no telling what may have happened if they didn't cheat. Maybe on the possession where they hit moss for a bomb, a blitzer hits Brady as he's throws up an INT to one of our D-backs for pick 6. Maybe we get a few more defensive stops.

There's no telling what might have happened if they weren't cheating!

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I THINK you are right, key word being THINK. Fact is they cheated, I'll wait to hear what happens with the radio frequency but if the truth comes out that Cheater Bill was listening to our radio communication then yes a forfeit is the only fair way of handling this, plus a lifetime ban..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.