The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread (Merged 21x (ugh))

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

And I'm glad you are. I need some levity today.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It seems I got robbed by GM, too. Coinage cred, please.

3. GreenMachine

Jello-phile...I will now type it as: Belifraud*

* Credit to jetophile

4. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Banning is a bit harsh... at least he's trying to debate instead of troll...

I would change his title to "Cheater Lover"

but thats just me

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

When I first read someone saying "the game should be forfeited", I laughed to myself. I just thought Jet fans were going overboard.

I have to tell you the truth...Im pissed off about this. The integrity of sports continues to go down the shitter. You have records in baseball concerning homeruns that are now owned by known cheaters.

Yet we as fans sitback and complain but everytime I try to explain to my boys who holds those records...I have to use the name Bonds...or Maguire at the time..or who Sammy Sosa was.

Now this comes along. When will it end. How much of a hammer needs to come down for players and coaches to understand that slowly but surely they are disgracing the game.

When will a commisioner come along and tell the players union to go F themselves and ban players for life....or a commisioner come along and ban a coach for life...because records have been broken...coaches have been fired...and players may have been cut...players might have lost their mojo (in payton mannings case if he had never beaten the pats).

This goes to the core of society that we always had somewhere to go find good ole fashion clean fun.

With all the hatred most of us had towards BB there was the respect factor of his accomplishments with the Pats.

Sadly, today thats over. Couldnt have happened to a bigger asshole if you asked me.

Yeah...Im going to act like a kid screaming out absurd things too. The Pats should forfeit their game to the Jets. NO question about it. Anything else is just another slap on the hand...while still owning all the homerun records.

#205 jaywayne12, Sep 12, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Draft pick punishment is not enough. Unless it's their 1st round pick.

7. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

The fame and money available in today's professional sports is too seductive for the average man to resist doing anything to attain it.

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

And for the average guy making ends meet...robbing a bank is pretty seductive too.

I hear what you are saying....thats not my problem. My problem is trying to stay interested in sports. Trying to watch an NBA game without thinking about why a call was made.

Trying to see a great offense scoring at will against a great defense..and wondering how they knew they would be blitzing on that play.

Or watching two guys thumping their chests while they go for the homerun title against each other...both steroid users...and all I have in my head is how that was a pretty enjoyable season...and it was all fake.

Those are the 21st century memories of sports.

9. FatStupidLoser

I didn't read all 11 pages. Has anyone asked how many times they have done this in the past? Not likely this is the first and only time.

10. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

If it was say, Arizona cheating for years, then who's to say that Arizona wouldn't have won some titles and that it wouldn't be a big deal? This is the NFL. The gap in talent and athleticism isn't as big as it is in college. If say, Duke knew the plays USC was running on defense, the USC players could still easily outrun or overpower the Duke players and it wouldn't be that much of a difference. But in the NFL, that's not going to happen. The importance of schemes and execution is much bigger, and it's what separates the Arizona's from the Indianapolis's. If you give any NFL team where the blitz is coming from, they WILL be able to pick it up and stop it.

11. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

At least 7 times(Mia, GB, Buff, Car, Jax, NYJ, & 1 other) I think and this one was after Goddell told all 32 teams not to do it.

12. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Yep, and it sucks. McGwire was my idol growing up. I had that Bash Brothers poster on my wall with McGwire and Canseco in the suits sitting on the car hood.

My interests now lie closer to the teams I support rather than the big 3 sports in general.

13. FatStupidLoser

There is always the WWE.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Whoa! Tom Brady HAD to be involved in the cheating last Sunday

Think about it, the Jets were signaling in defenses from the sidelines in the 30 seconds before the play. That means the Patriots had maybe 10 seconds to decode what was going on and then they had to be radioing what they got to Brady to relate in the huddle or as an audible.

How do you think that conversation went?

Pat's OC: "Alright, they're sending two guys this time and they'll be coming from the right side."

Brady: "Ok, guys we have a double-blitz coming from the right, figure it out."

Goodell needs to address that also if it turns out Brady participated in an illegal scheme to deprive the Jets of a fair competition.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

THe only just punishment is as follows.

Forfeit. They Cheated, plain and simple, and got
    caught.

The difference in that game was the Jets defense
    being held at bay by the Patriots,which was the,
    the object of their cheat. No getting around it.

Coaching staff 4 game suspension.

The Organization should also forfeit the Home field
    for the next game.

The Patriots would have to refund one Home game worth of
    $$$$, and the Jets would be able to sell another home game.

That also gives the Patriots a chance to get back the forfeit
    (sort of...) by winning honestly on the road, in which case
    the forfeit evens out in the W/L column.

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

yeah and????

17. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I think you're stating the obvious

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The problem is maybe Mangini didn't even know, maybe Weiss and Crennel knew nothing either. Remember these things were being done by the offense. Maybe Weiss knew and that's why he hightailed it to ND instead of coaching in the NFL. It's quite possible not one coach knew of this but

I find it interesting that there is now an article about the chicken doing this since his days in Cleveland. I guess he really didn't learn how to coach from the time he left the Browns to the time he won a SB in 2001. He just learned how to cheat a little better.

19. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

i responded to your last post two pages ago.

however, i think it is a bit naive to say in the same post that Mangini maybe didn't know AND it was going on since his days at Cleveland (and Mangini has been with him the whole time).

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yes but chicken is so secretive plus it being on the offensive side of the ball that these effect it's possible Mangini had no idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.