The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread (Merged 21x (ugh))

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

They played the Rams earlier in the year that year. They could have gotten all the info they already needed...especially if they were able to listen in to the Rams audibles and such.

2. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Another article on this;

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=1624

The site touchdown.org has what appears to be a screen-shot photograph from the CBS broadcast of Sunday’s New England-N.Y. Jets game.

It shows a cameraman on the Jets sidelines, clearly directed toward the team and coaching staff, not looking out at the action on the field. This photo does present a number of caveats:

1.We have no idea who this guy is circled in the photo. It may not even be the guy in question. And, as anyone who watches football broadcasts, highlights or NFL Films knows, sideline shots of teams and coaches are often being filmed.

2.A Patriots beat reporter wrote to us this morning to say that this person circled below is NOT the person in question. That individual, a Patriots employee named Matt Estrella, is "skinny as a rail." Also, Estrella was accused of shooting from the New England sideline over to the Jets sideline.

3.The photo is uncredited. It appears to be a screen shot of the broadcast.

4.This touchdown.org site appears to be nothing more than a single page of three images, including this photograph.

5.Touchdown.org did doctor other images, as you'll see on their one-page site.

Still, the whole story reeks pretty strongly and, given the swirling accusations of cheating from the NFL itself, it does not look good for the New England organization. Makes you wonder what the hell they were thinking in this day and age where every game is recorded from multiple angels and then over-analyzed afterward.

But you be the judge.

(By the way, the photo stands in pretty sharp contrast to SI's cover shot this week, doesn't it? Also, thanks to reader Myles Baker for sending along the always sober-analsyis of the situation from Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe. "If you're going to ask people to 'be the judge' give the Cold, Hard Football Facts and all of them!" demands Baker.)

Alio the fool -" The fact is, it wasn't Arizona that did it. It was 3-time Super Bowl winning Bill Belichick and Tom Brady."

You are proving my point for me, thanks. Keep driving those expectations up, my friend.

As embarrassing as this is as a Pats fan.....at least I'll have the satisfaction of watching Jets fans' outrage when they see a reasonable punishment meeted against them, rather than "what Jets fans want".

#182 Baron Samedi, Sep 12, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  3. GreenMachine

Baron, how do you explain this:

The ESPN.com report also states that the league is reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game and that the team "did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup." In other words, besides watching and taping the coaches, the Patriots also may have been listening in

Belifraud is a cheater.

Let me guess...OJ is innocent and Ray Lewis knew nothing about some murder...:up:

4. rillo

rillo New Member

Somebody ban this tard!

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

And i'll have the satisfaction that when people see you wearing Pats cheater wear,be it a hat,shirt or jersey they will think "this guy roots for scumbag cheaters" instead of "this guy roots for a great dynasty".

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Are you aware of how imbecilic you sound? Your posts are beginning to amuse me to such a degree, I actually look forward to subsequent ones in order to give myself a good laugh.

Yesterday, you arrogantly said, "Nothing will come of this, it's no big deal." Now, this morning, you're already backpeddling, claiming "all that's going to happen is 2-3 draft picks." What made you change your mind from yesterday? I told you yesterday that reality won't set in for you until you lose a pick over this. Now it appears you're willing to give up several. Hilarious!

Secondly, it does matter "what team it is." You guys won multiple Superbowls (and I'm not going to take that away from you for one moment... the Patriots played well and are a good team), but what about the NFL's concern for preserving the integrity of what is possibly the greatest annual sporting event on the face of the earth and has become the signature of what the NFL is all about?

Questions need to be addressed as to whether or not any of these surveilance techniques were used in these games and to what degree. The only thing that surpasses the hilariousness of your posts is your naivety!

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

See that's the thing Baron, I don't have any expectations. I firmly believe that the commissioner will do what he feels is in the best interest of the sport not the New York Jets.

Goodell has done nothing but impress me in his short tenure thus far. I expect he will do the same this time.

I am sure I will not feel the punishment serves my team enough, and that's okay. As long as it benefits the sport.

The difference is, I am certain, when all is said and done, you, and all of Pats Nation, is going to be severely disappointed.

8. boomer

boomer Active Member

And don't associate us Yankee fans with Jet fans. The Jets don't even play in New York.

9. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

You think winning the Super Bowl 3 times doesn't come with an ounce of responsibility? The Patriots were the featured franchise of the NFL.

10. boomer

boomer Active Member

BTW I love now that a New England team has been accused of cheating, ESPN runs a segment glorifying the history of cheating in sports. Douche bags.

11. GreenMachine

You mean ESPNESN?

12. Murrell2878

were being the key word....

13. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Integrity is something that I don't dismiss very easily. Smart people such as Belichick and Mangini fully understand the difference between cheating and gamesmanship. I don't disagree with you that it is human nature to look the other way when your livelihood is at stake and it is not like we are talking about a life or death situation. However, I just don't think you can completely absolve Mangini of his low level complicity just becuase of those factors. (Nor do think that Mangini is the same type of person as Belichick, however, I think of him just a tad differently now.)

(On a completely hypothetical note, I imagine that there would be more than a few coaches that would have admired his integrity and hired him whether NFL or college.)

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I love how ESPN has gone since Sunday from licking the Pats balls,to the guy on 1st and 10 "i have been losing respect for Belichick for a few years now". "suspend the HC" "Forfeit the game" "give picks to the Jets".

15. Murrell2878

San Diego must be licking their chops for the Pats. This HAS to be a huge distraction for them!

16. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

We'll have to see what comes of it.

I'm just pointing out your expectations of getting forfeits, getting draft picks awarded to the Jets, and all this other stuff on this thread is not what's going to happen, that's all.

Rillo - Go ahead and ban me, then. God forbid someone on here throws a different POV out here.

Section 227 - You are correct, I said nothing would come of this. I was wrong. Still, I am here instead of hiding.

17. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I caught myself spelling out a-r-e as well.

18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Speaking of radios, someone just called him Belifraud on the radio! I've been robbed! :mad:

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

And no one has considered that it's quite possible that Belichick's bizaar, secretive, smothering and (apparently now) clandestine, spy-oriented behavior might have contrbuted to Mangini's decision to leave before the shit hit the fan, which it apparently has.

The fact that Mangini left and did not employ this nonsense when he got here tells me the use of the word "condone" is too harsh an adjective to use when describing Mangini's involvement or knowledge of all this.

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

You're forgetting that Mike Vick didn't know killing dog was wrong and St. PacMan didn't realize punching strippers is a no no

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.