Jets fans' reaction to Chad's injury/NBC Mention. Merged X a lot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phokus, Sep 9, 2007.

?

The fans were cheering because...

1. Chad's ankle looked like it was on a swivel.

11.9%
  2. Chad was trying to get off the field on his own power.

25.4%
  3. Jets wouldn't have to waste a timeout.

1.0%
  4. They just really want to see Clemens.

41.8%
  5. They're drunk and have no idea what's going on.

9.5%
  6. Some girl flashed her tits.

8.5%
  7. Fan with a Brady jersey spilled his beer.

2.0%
  1. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I was there. They were cheering b/c he was walking off on his own. I was there enough said, thanks.

3. boomer

boomer Active Member

Bullshit, they were cheering the second he grabbed his ankle in pain.

4. Gator

Gator Active Member

I was there too and the cheering didn't start until Kellen came running on. People were cheering for Kellen because he looked good this preseason. Besides, it's not like Chad was shot and killed or anything. He sprained his ankle. It looked like a sprained ankle from the very beginning. If people want to cheer Chad spraining his ankle to get him outta the game because they are sick of him that's their perogative. I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't
    get all bent outta shape about it either. People who pay for a ticket can go yay or boo whenever they feel like it. They aren't cursing, or touching anyone, or throwing anyhting.

What is this..communist Russia in the 70's?

5. JetFanbyBirth...

JetFanbyBirth... New Member

You guys are killing me. How many were actualy at the game like me???

Keith Olberman made it seem like it was a bad thing that we cheered when Kellen Clemens replaced Chad Pennington in his halt time rant. He called us the worse fans in sports or something to that effect. He also, showed footage of Chad hobbling off the field and there was dubbed in cheering played over that footage like we were cheering his injury which is not the case. That is realy the LAST thing we wanted to see the way the game was going. It's not like us getting blown out was all Chad's fault and we thought Clemens was going to be able to do anybetter. Neither of them play defense and neither of them could do anything about the way we our secondary was getting picked apart or the way our line couldn't get to Tom Brady, nor stop the run. It's not like Chad was throwing pick after pick or playing a terrible game. But one thing I have to say is, what is wrong with cheering when the back up comes in. It's not a commentary on Chad's performance, but more so showing support for the guy who's coming in in an emergency situation. What are we supposed to do, boo the guy when he comes in??? And also, a huge cheer went up for Chad when he got up off the bench and started flexing his ankle and walking around on it. Reading thes threads, and hearing guys killing us Jets fan like we would do such a thing to one of our own is ridiculous. How many of you who are throwing stones at the house were IN the house at the time. Don't believe everything you see and here on t.v. Olberman and the NBC crew got this all wrong, and you all fed right in and believed it. Fools!!

6. JetFanbyBirth...

Reading these threads, and then reading articles about this, I can't believe how many people are so dead wrong on this, yet how they are just going along with it like they know what they are talking about. You see, this is how idiots like George Dummyou Bush get elected. People just believing what they hear without question and not trying to find the facts. It's amazing how so led like sheep and naive people can be.

7. NYjets2335

NYjets2335 New Member

Dude your a moron, Chad was the only reason we were in that game for a little bit. You wanna place blame, place it on the defense. We had absolutely zero pass rush, Brady sat back in the pocket untouched all game. I'm sick of people giving Pennington crap, he's not the reason we lost to the pats, get over it and shut up!

8. JetFanbyBirth...

I never realized how many Jets fans were so idiotic and naive until now.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That's an interesting take, considering half the people who have posted in this thread said people were only cheering Clemens, and half said they were around people who were cheering Chad's injury.

Plain and simple, it's not about laying audio over the film. People heard assholes actually ripping Chad as he lay on the turf. It's pretty hard to tell someone not to believe something they hear with their own ears.

And when it's confirmed repeatedly that even Pats fans had to put Jets fans in their place during the situation, in our own house, it's a really sad friggin' day.

Not everyone was cheering Chad's injury but some were. And even one person doing is one too many. Period.

10. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Precisely, there is not much difference between what the fans did and when the Palestinians danced on our turf when 9/11 occurred.

11. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

All yesterday did was make the Jet fans look bad. And it made us Jet fans who act the right way, look bad.

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

meaningless as it turned out. I should have been more clear.
    But I will aslo say that anyone watching that game knew it was meaningless because there was absolutely no chance we were winning that game with our 3-4 debacle....we may set the 3-4 defense back 25 years

13. MK1

MK1 Member

How many on here cheered Pennington leaving the game?

Jets fans are getting blasted EVERYWHERE for cheering Pennington leaving the game by injury. Just want to know how many on here are going to admit to it if they did, or was the cheering misinterpreted by the headline seeking media.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Well then 99% of everything that's ever happened was meaningless. It was in the competitive portion of the game, not in garbage time with the defense sitting back. You just refuse to give credit where it is due regarding Pennington.

You're obviously a defeatist, as evidenced by your post of already hoping for the #1 pick next year. At that point, 28-14, there was plenty of time. You can hope for a fumbled kickoff, a tipped ball and pick, any number of things. The game was not over at that point.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=24474

16. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Will you guys stop with this nonsense already!?

Oh and the only time I cheered at all yesterday was when my server brought out my Everything Burger at the start of the second quarter.

17. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

That whole cheering thing , it was classless and tasteless , but at the end of the day those fans actually went to the stadium and parted with their $$$. Everyone has an opinion its just from TV land we are powerless to answear such actions back.
    Would I have cheered? No , but I wouldn't berate a fan for doing so either , thats there choice .
    The one thing I did notice was all the empty seats , and I'm not atlking about at the end of the game either. First game of the season and we can't fill the stadium , now that is pitifull.

Can't wait to see the reaction next week after we've played the Ravens. The Pats game might seem like a walk in the park by then.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is so pathetic it is not even funny. I am still angry about it one day later. Chad deserves better, no doubt about it.

20. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

What now? Palestinians were dancing on our turf? How is that possible? What turf?

You're being sarcastic, right?