Jets fans' reaction to Chad's injury/NBC Mention. Merged X a lot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phokus, Sep 9, 2007.

?

The fans were cheering because...

1. Chad's ankle looked like it was on a swivel.

11.9%
  2. Chad was trying to get off the field on his own power.

25.4%
  3. Jets wouldn't have to waste a timeout.

1.0%
  4. They just really want to see Clemens.

41.8%
  5. They're drunk and have no idea what's going on.

9.5%
  6. Some girl flashed her tits.

8.5%
  7. Fan with a Brady jersey spilled his beer.

2.0%
  1. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

It was NOT media created. Me, and a lot of other ppl AT THE GAME felt this way AT THE TIME IT HAPPENED. Jets fans should be ashamed, and IMO the more publicity it gets, the better. We need to become a better fanbase.

2. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I finally watched the replay of the play. It was CLEAR that there were people cheering in two distinct ways. Half the cheers were clearly in favor of encouraging Chad to get up, and the other half was clearly cheering the fact he went down.

I was giving people the benefit of the doubt when it happened, for cheering Clemens, which isn't a bad thing. However, to anyone who actually cheered in favor of Chad being hurt, even if they feel he is the worst QB to ever don a jersey, I hope you break both legs.

I am forced to agree it is embarassing to be a Jets' fan this morning, and it's not because we lost.

3. erasmus

erasmus New Member

I was there. In no way did I think that we were cheering an injury. I believe in my heart we were just trying to give Clemens some energy and hoping for a spark.

4. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Let's face it... everyone wants Clemens in now...

Chad still gives us the best chance to win IMHO... it's week 1 people!

If I were Chad... after all he has been through and what he has done to our organization... I would have told everyone to F*ck off...

5. Referee

Referee New Member

I don't get it? He has won while he's been here. He isn't going to take anyone to the Super Bowl because the cast isn't at that level yet... The fans can go screw themselves... Pennington has fought through a lot to get back on the field and deserved a better reception... Just my take!

6. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Any city in the country...every damn one of them..that has had our past and dealt with a QB that sprained his ankle...it wasnt a neck injury where he was carted off the field....would have done the same thing.

Come on..spare us with the fans of New York suck stuff. After the last 3 years of watching a QB throw the ball between 3-7 yards 90% of the time...fans knew that a different QB would be coming in the game.

A QB that may be washing cars in two years or leading this team to great things. A QB that gives you a shot downfield. Thats all the detractors want...a QB to stretch the defense and gives your running game a chance instead of seeing 11 guys in the box.

That had nothing to do with Chad. The fans have already given him mulitple standing ovations when he has come back into games after being hurt. Most fans have just had it with him and his limitations.

Nothing personal Chad...strictly business.

7. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Our team is riddled with limitations across the board. Chad was certainly the best thing we had on O yesterday.

8. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

QFT. Clemens did look great throwing the ball to the turf. Chad deserves better, an our FO deserves all the criticism imo.

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Well thats where we differ my friend.

As far as im concerned, Chad makes everyone on offense worse. He makes the receivers worse because he cant comfortably make throws downfield. He makes them worse because every reception leads to them be smacked on their ass with all the short crap.

He makes your running game worse because defenses stack the line.

He makes your offensive line worse because of the lack of respect safteys and CB's have for his downfield potential..therefore playing closer to the line of scrimmage and being able to adjust to the running game.

He doesnt bring anything to the table that puts any fear or respect for any defense that lines up against us.

As far as Im concerned he even makes your OC worse because he probably has about 20 plays in his playbook that Chad cant even attempt anymore. So even add an OC, who in my opinion has put a brilliant twist on this offense, to a list of players and coaches that Chad makes worse then they really are.

10. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I was at the game, it was shameful. A 14yr old kid patriots fan sitting next to me turned and asked why people were cheering when they saw Chad hobble off the field on one foot. I turned and tole him flat out "ignorance."

11. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Chad and the receivers were the only bright spot yesterday.

12. FatStupidLoser

He is a douche, but he is right about that.

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I actually thought about that, but im pretty sure that Jets fans as a whole are pretty content with mediocrity, which is why the cheers for Clemens confused me:rolleyes:

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

can we slow down with this "chad is a warrior" bullshit. Chad is a guy who needs to get his ass on the field so he can continue to make millions of dollars. Im not saying that that makes him a bad guy...in fact it makes him normal......but lets not pretend hes fighting alligators to feed starving children.........as far as the touchdown....nice drive. meaningless, but nice drive.....lets keep this in proper perspective......half the people in the crowd are drunken assholes....which is the case at any football stadium across the country.....
    was it fucked up to cheer chad getting hurt? sure I guess....but it also comes out of frustration of getting are asses kicked and looking patchetic.....the back-up QB is always the most popular guy in town anyway....as far as you people who are embarrassed to be Jet fans because some people booed.....screw that...be embarrassed because that performance was disgraceful and embarrassing.......not because some drunk fat guys wearing joe klecko jerseys booed poor wittle millionaire Chad Pennington

15. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

Man up. I find it more believable that Jets fans are quick to do a double take and act like they were totally oblivious of what they were doing. You know people were cheering against Penny simply from the amount of talk about Clemens.

16. boomer

boomer Active Member

I saw that and agree 100%. I am only pissed becuse the rest of the football world now associates me with the lowest scum of fans on the planet.

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That's what I thought, too. Running game sucked, defense sucked, special teams sucked, got beat for a TD, the fans even sucked. If they gave Chad a second to throw the ball he was moving the team. Two TDs and the drive he got hurt we were moving, he conerted a 3rd and 7 and 3rd and 8, both to Cotchery. After the first couple of posessions we weren't punting anymore. The passing game was good when they blocked.

18. boomer

boomer Active Member

And it sounds like your a classless joke. Why don't you just throw on an Eagles jersey and go to the Buffalo hospital where Kevin Everett is and boo him while he recovers from neck surgery. Give me a break.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

How was it meaningless? It got us back to 28-14--two scores--with 2:00 still left in the 3rd quarter. At that point it was still a game, get the ball back there and you're right back in it. We had been moving the ball against them and scoring TDs in the red zone to that point.

20. ProScout

ProScout New Member

Deplorable....Classless...Enough said....Any fan who would cheer an injury to someone on THEIR team.....Is no fan at all.....