Jets fans' reaction to Chad's injury/NBC Mention. Merged X a lot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phokus, Sep 9, 2007.

?

The fans were cheering because...

1. Chad's ankle looked like it was on a swivel.

11.9%
  2. Chad was trying to get off the field on his own power.

25.4%
  3. Jets wouldn't have to waste a timeout.

1.0%
  4. They just really want to see Clemens.

41.8%
  5. They're drunk and have no idea what's going on.

9.5%
  6. Some girl flashed her tits.

8.5%
  7. Fan with a Brady jersey spilled his beer.

2.0%
  1. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I was at the game and, at least around the section I was in, it seemed like the majority of people (that were cheering) were cheering because Chad went down.

I'm sure they were just cheering cuz they wanted to see Clemens. Wasn't anything malicious. But I just find the mentality that the starting QB going down with an injury is somehow a good thing to be very stupid.

2. KSJets

KSJets New Member

There were idiots behind me screaming for Kellen and saying shit about Chad so I know they weren't cheering him for his courage. Actually, the worst part of my day was when I was leaving. As I was going down the escalator there was an older guy who seemed pretty drunk who was waving a Pennington jersey in my face yelling that Pennington is done and the Clemens era was starting. Why me? Because I was wearing a Pennington jersey. The guy was a complete asshole and I have no doubt he was one of the morons who was cheering when Chad got hurt.

3. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

Wow so they named the Jet fans the worst fans in America, Honestly who cares, I mean i am 100% sure that any fans would do the same if they didn't like their QB. And honestly it didn't make sense to boo him anyway he played. Secondly who the hell cares about the worst people in football, how does that even matter when you are watching a sports game.

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

^Al...I see your point to an extent. I understand fans don't like their QB's sometimes, and when the COACH pulls him from a game, then sure go ahead and cheer since you get to see "your guy."

But when somebody gets hurt? And you cheer? Come on man...

5. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

I am not saying it is right to cheer his injury. And i am pretty sure if he was down for awhile they would have not cheered. but i have seen worse from fans. Cleveland throws crap at officials, Philly throws snowballs at santa, Virginia Tech Boos their team when they should be behind them during the east carolina game.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Phillie fans booed Mike Schmidt off and on for his entire career. There were like 5 players on that team worth a damn and he and Carlton were the only superstars and they booed him anyway.

7. MGood41

MGood41 New Member

I was at the game, and there was some idiots next to me yelling about Pennington for the whole game and they were definitely cheering that he got injured. For the first time in my life I was ashamed to be a Jets fan.

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

b. That was absolutely classless. I can't think of another athlete on this team (or in the league for that matter) who has stuck his neck out for this team so many times, even to the detriment of his career (see 2005 season, nearly destroying his shoulder and playing after the Spikes hit while trying - and succeeding - in getting us into the playoffs). The only thing that comes close in my eyes is Curtis Martin's decisions to keep playing after his injury against the dolphins. This was the worst reaction to any situation I've seen from a group of fans. It's one thing to want to see Kellen Clemens take the field, it is a completely different scenario when you are cheering as the poor guy hobbles off of the field in an attempt to save the team from burning an injury time-out. I don't care how frustrated you are as a season ticket holder, cheering when your own player goes down is just inexcuseable. As far as I'm concered anyone who was cheering for the injury because they were happy that Penny would be off of the field should turn in their jerseys and season tickets. The Jets do not need fans like that. You simply do not deserve this team.

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Stay Classy, New York

If you want to help my site grow, please drop by and leave comments!!! it encourages more activity by our readers, so click the link below.

http://mvn.com/nfl-jets/2007/09/10/stay-classy-new-york/

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Doesn't that writer know that Clemens is guaranteed to lead us to 4 Super Bowls? he's obviously much better than Chad, who cares that all chad as done is win and that he's put his career on the line playing w/ injuries to help us win. The fans were a complete disgrace yesterday, you want to boo his play(although he played well yesterday) fine but to cheer when he gets hurt was as disgraceful as it gets and a player as classy as Chad doesn't deserve that.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am glad there are multiple threads about this, all jet fans need to keep reading how embarrassing they were yesterday.

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

i just can't believe it. i'm glad the sound was off at the place i was watching. i would have been really embarrased. You don't have to like him as our qb(i do) but the guy does give it his all and really cares about the team and us. what the fuck is wrong with people?

13. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I don't want to jump on the entire crowd. First off I'm pretty sure there were a sizeable number of Pats fans in the crowd. Second off, if you were like me, you were cheering Pennington for his will and determination to get off the field and save us a timeout.

Thirdly it is media concocted. Most Jets fans, especially the ones going to the games, support Chad, or else they'd probably show their displeasure by boycotting the games and booing Chad at the intro and after every pass. They don't do that. The media however thinks Chad sucks and has arm problems, they rag on him like crazy. So when an injury happens they immediately project their thoughts onto the crowd and then displace their fake moral highground.

What's truly sad is that people are easily manipulated by the media and don't question anything on their own, so Jets fans as a whole are going to take a bad rap for this. But guys like me and you obviously aren't cheering for Chad to get injured, so it's ridiculous to claim Jets fans are like that. Won't stop the media though. If this becomes as huge as the media and that loser Keith Olberman want it to, you're going to get really pissed pretty soon when people start mocking you as a Jets fan for it.

And finally, no matter what, results are the determining factor. If/when Chad can't produce on the field, Mangini will make a switch and play someone that can produce. That time obviously has not come yet. The fans need to understand that.

14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Come on Junc, even you have to concede that when Clemens came in and threw the ball at the lineman's feet a star was born.

Anyway like I said in an earlier another thread, Pennington came back after the injury and lead a drive down field for a TD. Thats the best way he could have responded to the disgraceful actions of the crowd yesterday.

15. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

In response to this crap display of fanship, I will be breaking out my Pennington jersey to wear to all the games I go to this year. I usually get a new one each season, and last year I got a Vilma jersey... so I was expecting to wear that one till I got a Rhodes jersey this year.

But now, I'm going to wear #10, no matter what happens for the rest of the season.

16. Floridason

Floridason New Member

F*u*

...What the F* . One wonder we're considered classless. I sickens me to Jet fan today! Why blame obvious? the D-line or the O Line. Blame the Guy that Kicked ass and gave half chance to win. We're you asshles' watching the same game I was?? We couldn't cover a bed with blanket, let alone pop Brady I the mouth once in a great while. F the Haters!!!

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Of course they were cheering because he was hurt. When things don't go well, people naturally pick the easiest target to blame. I"m no pennington fan by any stretch of the imagination, but the Pats just out-classed them. We could have put any QB in the league up there and had seen the same results.

Pennington is on the block this year, so he better show something.....and Clemens better show something as well.

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Unfortunately, we happened to hit our low point for the year in the first game of the season. A very classless move by the fans - who I now view as non-fans. With fans like ours we might be better off giving everyone in the NE Patriots area free season tickets to our home games!!!!!!!

19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Nothing for nothing, they pretty much just turned Pennington into a martyre.

20. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

This is media created. Were there some fans cheering, sure, maybe some drunk assholes. There are those at every game in every stadium. There were also Pats fans - a lot of them weirdly - who were cheering as well.

My section cheered Chad when he got off the field and when he got back on. Yes there was a loud cheer for Clemens, but why wouldn't there be? A new kid coming in trying to lead his team on? What's not to cheer for?

Don't get caught up in this crap. There are shitty fans everywhere, but to get on the anti-stadium fan bandwagon is absurd if you weren't there and aren't really sure what you saw/heard.