Jets fans' reaction to Chad's injury/NBC Mention. Merged X a lot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phokus, Sep 9, 2007.

?

The fans were cheering because...

1. Chad's ankle looked like it was on a swivel.

11.9%
  2. Chad was trying to get off the field on his own power.

25.4%
  3. Jets wouldn't have to waste a timeout.

1.0%
  4. They just really want to see Clemens.

41.8%
  5. They're drunk and have no idea what's going on.

9.5%
  6. Some girl flashed her tits.

8.5%
  7. Fan with a Brady jersey spilled his beer.

2.0%
  1. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I didn't see it, so im not arguing, but couldn't they have been cheering because he was walking off on his own power? Obviously from what I've heard since, it doesnt appear that way.

All i know is I've never been more ashamed to be a jets fan. One of the classiest players in NFL history retires, and i guess he took our class with him.

2. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

losing to buff in the season opener of 99 was worse than today by a long shot.

WE WERE FAVORED TO MAKE A SUPER BOWL RUN. then....:pOP:....vinnys achillies tendon ended it.

3. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

the cheering didnt really start until KC was running onto the field. i want to think they cheered for chad getting off the field in pain on his own, but i think were trying to make excuses so jets fans dont look like the utter douchebags that were at the game. that was the most shameful think ive seen on a football field in a long time.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

That was against NE not Buffalo.

5. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I'm not going to argue that there are aren't loyal and great Jet fans and we are glutens for punishment (see my screen name). However, my point was that collectively, the Jets fan base is not one of the best in the league. Our crowds aren't loud (relatively speaking), the stadium empties early and we are relatively small (we are second class even in our own city). Also, NY is a baseball and basketball town.....not a football city. All the teams I mentioned, their cities put football above all other teams/sports.

DbJ

6. herdgirl410

herdgirl410 New Member

Sounded really bad on the radio. The crowd was louder as he was limping off the field than it was after a TD.

7. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

The chearing actually started (at least in my section) when Chad started to hobble. There defineltey were cheers for Clemmens, but it was clear that there were fans that were happy to see CP hurt.

The fan behind me also called Chad a pu__y and yelled to get him off the field as he was limping toward the sideline. So that also made it pretty obvious to me.

8. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Start Clemens next week. See what he can do against Baltimore.

If Chad is seriously injured, putting him behind the left side of our line, as it is presently constituted (D'Stiffashaw and Adrien Clarke) would be like sending him to the Green Mile.

9. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

I was there too... thought they were cheering Chad getting up and then cheering very loudly for the kid to come in.... Obermann's an ass.

10. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Man I am pissed. Chad gets his ankle nearly ripped off and then shows the guts to get off the field without help even though he couldn't walk, and scumbags boo him? I was in a bar and didn't hear the booing but this is the most classless thing I can remember Jets fans doing.

TBTF

11. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

Not to keep this thread seperate from the other one, but as I stated there...

In sec 337, about 75 percent of the people were CHEERING.. I mean CHEERING... when Pennington went down. And there was no misinterpretation:
    "Stay Down" "Now we have a chance" etc etc

TOTAL friggin garbage. I've never been so pissed at other jets 'fans'

12. KSJets

KSJets New Member

For me it also had to do with hearing certain a-holes in my section screaming out while Chad was limping off the field "Thank God we get to see Kellen" and other phrases pretty similar. It wasn't just the cheering that made me disgusted, but what I was hearing people say around me. That won't come through over television.

13. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I only watched on TV... but it sure didn't seem like the fans were cheering encouragement for Pennington.

It seemed pretty clearly to be "YAY, now we can bring the young guy in."

As a longtime Pats fan (long suffering until this millenium, lol), I saw a similar situation at a Pats game way back when Grogan got his bell rung, and a vocal portion of fans were cheering because Matt Ramsey (who was gonna be our savior ala Clemens in NY) was coming in.

Just goes to show, ignorance is universal.

14. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I was at the game and people were indeed cheering very loudly at Chad's injury because they wanted to see Clemens.

15. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Honestly, I wasn't there and I was watching at a bar so I couldn't hear the sound, but if that's the case, that's just sad. It really is - I honestly expect more from Jets fans. This was a guy who a couple years ago, we anointed as the next Joe Namath for this franchise, and now we're cheering when he gets hurt? It makes me sick...

16. Green on Kauai

Green on Kauai New Member

I definately got the impression that there was a large cheer for the fact pennington went down (hard to deny)....solidified by the cheers for clemens comming in.
    that was low class for sure, i was shocked to hear it. Chad deserves way,way more respect than that.

But what does Chad do? come back and march the Green and White down and score a f'ing touch down.

Any one who cheered for chad going down on opening day at home needs to turn in your colors and go root for another team!

17. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

Look I was happy to see Clemens come in that is all. I was not cheering because Chad was hurt, that is ridiculous. Maybe some of the fans were and that is shameful but I believe that the majority were just happy to see Clemens come in. Chad was a trooper and played with all his heart and should be appreciated for doing so. And all those who were happy to see Chad hurt are disgraces and shouldnt even bother being Jets fans or fans of any other team for that matter.

18. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

These are the Fans I am talking about, but I believe they were in the vast minority and most of the fans cheered when CC came in the game not when CP got hurt.

19. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Francessa is piling it on Jets fans too right now on Mik'd Up

Can't disagree with him. What a sad day to be a Jet fan. To hear Chad taking the high road made the situation even more pathetic.

20. ........

........ Trolls

It was pathetic. Enough said. People deride Eagles fans for cheering when an opposing player gets hurt (or Santa Claus steps on the field). It's infinitely worse to cheer when your own player gets hurt.

It's good to hear from some people that it was a minority, but the impression sent on the TV was that it was a widespread occurrence.