Jets fans' reaction to Chad's injury/NBC Mention. Merged X a lot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phokus, Sep 9, 2007.

?

The fans were cheering because...

1. Chad's ankle looked like it was on a swivel.

11.9%
  2. Chad was trying to get off the field on his own power.

25.4%
  3. Jets wouldn't have to waste a timeout.

1.0%
  4. They just really want to see Clemens.

41.8%
  5. They're drunk and have no idea what's going on.

9.5%
  6. Some girl flashed her tits.

8.5%
  7. Fan with a Brady jersey spilled his beer.

2.0%
  1. allan1

allan1 Active Member

sounds like you're not a jets fan at all

2. falcon4e

falcon4e Member

Excuse me for not being ecstatic if Tom Brady snapped his ACL. I don't wish harm on the opposition. I don't wish death on any of the opponents, nor do I wish that their children get eaten. I'm for good sportsmanship.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Fans of the Packers, Vikings, Steelers, Ravens, Broncos, Chiefs, Redskins, Cowboys, Seahawks, and 49ers could make a serious argument.

4. Greenjet74

Greenjet74 New Member

I still don't get all of this. The crowd cheered Clemens coming into the game, not Chad getting injured.....

5. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

It should be pointed out that not everyone was cheering, but there was enough that you could hear it clearly. There were at least 10 - 15 people in my section alone that I could see'hear that were chearing loudly. I was appalled.

How can you be a fan of your team and be happy when someone gets hurt? Becasue your smarter than the Jets coaching staff and "you" think that the other quarterback on the roster is better and "you" want him to throw"

I am still shaking my head at what happened today.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm upset that the whole situation took place. I guess you can say it was obvious that the cheers were for Chad when he was down, and they got bigger when Clemens came in.

I wasn't one of those booing, as I was in shock and worried when Chad went down.

7. falcon4e

falcon4e Member

The quarterback gets hurt and gets replaced by the backup. You dont know the status of the QB, do you really cheer wildly because the backup comes in? Or do you worry about your quarterback?

8. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

You are delusional (or you have never left Long Island).

I live outside DC. Let me tell you that Redskin fans (as much as I despise them), love the Redskins a million times more than Jet fans. The same can be said for the Broncos, Bears, Chiefs, Packers, Browns, and Steelers. I don't think we are are even in the top 10.

9. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Then you either weren't there, or you weren't paying attention. The cheering was fairly loud when he got hurt, and stumbled off the field. It got worse when clemens came in, yes, but there were a lot of ppl cheering when Chad got hurt.

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I didn't even realized they booed when Chad came back into the game. :eek:hmy:

Those who booed are entitled to their opinion, but don't deserve to have been to the game. How are Jets fans going to boo Chad? It's so distaste full.

11. Greenjet74

Greenjet74 New Member

I'm not saying it is the right thing to cheer for a backup, but I think a lot of people like him and believe he is the future (As you can tell from my picture / signiture, I'm a big Chad fan, so I am not one of those people).

BTW I was at the game - I didnt hear the cheers until after he went off the field and clemens made his way on, but everyone seems so sure of it I dont know what to think anymore. Maybe I was too worried to really notice. I felt awful when he fell, got back up, and than fell again.

12. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Eagles too, though they are pretty classless, they are one of the most passionate fanbases in the NFL.

And what about the Browns, they had one 9-7 season since coming back, and have been terrible most years yet they still have really good fans. Lions have good fans, and they are one of the worst franchises ever.

Most Jets home games it's hard to even get the whole crowd standing and making noise on 3rd down. We're good at tailgating, good at intimidating other fans, which can be good, can be bad, depending on how far it goes. But I don't think any team is intimidated about coming to the Meadowlands and playing the Jets.

13. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

that cheering shit was sad and shameful.

i would like to think they were cheering for chad and his heart in trying to get off the field....but inside i know it was for a much more disgusting and dispicable reason.

14. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

The people that were there clearly know what the initial chearing was for.

I DVR'd the game and it was also clear to me that the crowd was chearing when Chad left. They cheared more loudly when Clemmens came in (which imho is fine), but you hear cheers as Chad was trying to get off the field.

15. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

When did people applaud his injury? I was there and there was a roar in the crowd when Clemens came out but it had nothing at all to do with cheering for Pennington's injury. The cheers were clearly for Clemens, not for Pennington.

16. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Reading all the other threads about it, maybe I was wrong...but I thought all those cheers were for clemens

17. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I felt terrible too. It felt like deja vous (sp?) of 99 and 05

18. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

im gonna disagree here. jet fans, true jet fans, us here on this board (mostly) have seen at least 20 years of heartbreaking, gutwrenching football and stood up wearing jets jerseys hats coats any kind of team clothing....even in the kotite era...

the above mentioned (for the most part) have had recent SB winners there. i would say browns fans are on par with the jets fans....but they have more hurt in them due to the team being moved away from the city by the owner.

to be a jet fan is like admitting youre a masochist...its gonna hurt, it can hurt bad, real bad...but those flashes of brilliance keep us comming back.

the 2 most emotionally leveling moments for me as a jet fan in the fake spike game...and qtrs 3 and 4 in denver in 1998....the blair thomas fumble is right up there though....and doug brien missing those 2 FGs is right there....but that would have put us into the AFC championsip game....which we covered in den.

ill love the jets till the day i die. im a battered wife here....and ill love them until they kill me or i die by driving off the GWB.

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

yeah man,reminded me of 99 big time. opening day vs the pats too. I remeber Vinny pounding the turf,and today chad throwing the helmet. I thought that was him realizing his injury was season ending. Glad i was wrong.

20. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i think im gonna write a book...theres plenty here for fan stories of the jets...and the monumental failings...