Jets fans' reaction to Chad's injury/NBC Mention. Merged X a lot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phokus, Sep 9, 2007.

?

The fans were cheering because...

1. Chad's ankle looked like it was on a swivel.

11.9%
  2. Chad was trying to get off the field on his own power.

25.4%
  3. Jets wouldn't have to waste a timeout.

1.0%
  4. They just really want to see Clemens.

41.8%
  5. They're drunk and have no idea what's going on.

9.5%
  6. Some girl flashed her tits.

8.5%
  7. Fan with a Brady jersey spilled his beer.

2.0%
  1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I was there and That is not what Happened , He was being cheered for Being Down and the Cheers just got louder when Clemens Came in..Dont fool yourself most of our fanbase has no Class.

2. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

My wife and I were both equally pissed off at our fans for cheering when Pennington came off the field and when Clemens went in.

The poor guy was being killed all day and had no shot to do anything. It wasn't his fault the defense gave Brady all day to throw the ball to wide open receivers, and let them go on a 10 minute drive to finish off the game.

3. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Dear Morons Who Cheered When Chad Went Down Today. Go Fuck Yourselfs!!!!! The Only Player With Heart On This Team Is Chad. Complete Disgrace To Cheer Our Qb Going Down.

4. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

I was there and i cheered perhaps the loudest i did all game when Chad got to the bench. The reason? I thought it was an incredible show of heart, strength, and will power by Chad. I thought HE deserved a standin ovation because of how tough he was. The thought never even crossed my mind that people were cheering because he went down. That certainly wasnt my motive, and im hoping everyone in the stadium felt that way.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

You're right, but relax a bit.

By the way, that's what typing in caps lock looks like. It looks stupid.

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I don't know. The way I saw it on tv was that the cheers started when Clemens came in, not when it was obvious Chad was hurt.

Chad himself agreed in the postgame press conference. He repeated exactly what I said in the chat at the time. When Vinny T went down, the fans went bezerk for Chad. The second string is always the fan favorite of a losing franchise.

IF people were there cheering him getting hurt, then they are wrong, and I agree it's disgusting. However, I think the vast majority of the cheers were for a perceived "changing of the guard" at QB, not mean-spirited and directed at Chad.

Obviously from posts in this thread, there were people who were douchebags, but that's not how I heard the situation while I watched overall.

7. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Anyone who cheered for Pennington being hurt is a goddam shithead, and should be beaten.

8. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Fans cheering Chad's injury was one of the most embarassing moments I've experienced in my 25 years of going to Jet games. NY fans are supposed to be the most knowledgable fans? Bullshit! We have cheered when injured opposing players recovered to walk off the field. We got fans who cheer when our QB goes down? And then boo when he has the guts to return, lead the team down the field, pull a QB sneak and then score? Please, you folks don't belong at the stadium. Give up your seats to Jet fans who are dying to score season tickets.

Sure I was frustrated today. Why didn't the defense show up? Where were the special teams? Can the Jets ever put together a line that protects the QB? Cheering Chad's injury was the biggest atrocity on a day of atrocities. F'ing embarassing to be a Jets fan tonight.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The cheering was an absolute disgrace. Chad has done everything he can for the Jets, and those that cheered him leaving the game should be ashamed of themselved. Totally classless. Thats the shit that needs to stay in New England with those classeless fans.

10. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Jets Fans Who Cheered Pennington's Injury = worse person in the nfl

According to Kieth Olberman, those who cheered Pennington's injury at the Jets Pats game are the Worst Person(s) in the NFL.

Classy show guys. My wife and I were among the few who thought this was disgusting.

11. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

Jets Fans "Worst Persons in NFL" from NBC

Just saw it during half time of the Giants Cowboys game. Oberman showed Chad coming off and KC coming in. Called us the worst in sports. I agree.

12. akibud

akibud Active Member

It's official, NBC (Keith Olberman)just told all of America that the Jets fans are the worst persons in the NFL!!.. period

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I just saw that and felt disgusted...

Wow.

14. akibud

akibud Active Member

I posted this in the already lengthy thread.. for this subject

15. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

Who cares. Oberman's a douche.

16. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Proud moment for Jets fans. Maybe we can throw snowballs at Santa once it starts snowing.

17. allan1

allan1 Active Member

We are both the best and worst fans in football

but one thing you can say about Jets fans that you can never say about Patriots or Dolphin fans. We CARE! We are LOYAL.

18. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I just saw that, too. I hate being associated with those assholes who cheered on Chad's injury.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I dont know why they were cheering when he got hurt , Clemens was horrible in that game , Pennington did his thing its not his fault Thomas Jones and the o-line didnt wanna play

20. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Olberman and Tiki make the NBC studio show unwatchable.