This is all Pennington's fault!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetglass, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Agree. I was glad I made the decision to watch the game at my girls place instead of at my buddies. I was embarrassed by the way the crowd reacted and it would have been hellish if I was with my Giants fan friends.

I absolutely loved the way Pennington came back in and lead the offense down the field for a score. He could have flipped the crowd off and I would have supported that all the way...instead he came out and put points on the board. Class all the way.

Oh, and we lost today because our D-line plays like a pop warner squad.

2. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Chad was a total warrior today, and we got the best Chad has. But I saw nothing to disuade me of the opinion that he is not the right guy anymore. He exacerbates both the OL pass protection and running issues, and he has no ability to stretch the field or come back. There was some great scheming and play-calling today by Schott to highlight his strengths.

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I agree.

TBTF

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

i just figured i'd quote this original post so some of the responders could rethink their posts.

5. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I think we can all agree this wasnt chads fault. He played his heart out, to come back into a game which was pretty much done and lead this team to a TD showed alot of heart and guts. He limped during that drive. That sad case of an O-line and horrible defense was to blame for this one. No O-Line = no running game, no running game = no passing game. He had about 1.2 secs to get ride of that ball while brady could have eaten a full course meal with all the time he had. You almost cant even blame the jets DB's. you give any QB that much time to look for a receiver someone bound to be open.

6. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Any Jet fan who blames Chad for today should just got shot in the head. Those people know ZERO about football. And I'm calling out jetglass and sackexchange in particualr.

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

your reading skills are fucking incredable.

8. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

It's that goddamn dog's fault!

Now I'm putting him down.

Kiss it goodbye Charlie!

9. hendersg

hendersg New Member

This is a ridiculous commentary. Chad Pennington is one of the toughest QB's in the game today, and despite his limitations, one of the smartest QB's. What, you think he deliberately said..."wait, let me take this sack and see if I get injured bad" Cmon, stop it!

10. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

No ? Brett Favre is one of the toughest quarterbacks in the league; he can get sacked 13 times at the age of 44 and there isn?t even a question of whether or not he will play the next week.

Not only that ? but he?ll go home after being humped by linemen all day, chop a cord of wood with his bare hands, mow the back 40 with a non-self propelled push mower, rotate the tires on his John Deer without the assistance of a lug wrench or a jack and bang his wife for an hour.

Actually ? in the grand scheme of tough quarterbacks ? Chad?s just a dude who gets hurt more than most others.

11. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

Sometimes I think this site should just be called ChadPennington.com

Today wasn't Chad's fault entirely by any means. However, it doesn't change my opinion that he simply isn't a great Qb. I want a SB. I don't believe he's the guy to get us there.

12. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

chad Pennington Is A Soldier! Chad Haters Can Go Play In Traffic.

13. Jets Fan from NE

Chad is a real man, and he had real heart, and he is a true football player. If the rest of the team played like that maybe we could have won. Chad is a team player. I'm sure he took a lot of blame. The team as a whole did not look prepared. Sure the played against the best team in football, but that is no excuse. To get to the Super Bowl, you have to beat the best team in football, and then become it yourselves. Baltimore is going to be tough next wee. Mangenious better get HIS team prepared.

14. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Look Chad has his weeknesses (anybody can see that). However, after he took over with the Jets trailing 21-7 did he not lead the Jets down to the Pats 40 before he was sacked and hurt his ankle? Then after he came back with a bad ankle (and the Jets trailing 28-7) did he not lead the Jets to an immediate score to bring the game to 28-14?

We know that he has one of the weekest arms in the NFL. However, he still manages to be an effective QB. Would I want him as my QB if I had to complete a 60 yard pass. Of course not. But people complaining about Pennington on a day like today is like people on the Titanic complaining that there tea is cold.

When people say that Chad can't lead his team back when trailing by at least two scores it seems that people forget that for any QB to lead his team back to victory (after triling by two scores) his defense has to stop the other teams O. In recent memory it seems that the Jets defense (especially vs. the Pats) have been unable to do this.

15. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

first, even i would concede that you cannot blame chad for this disaster.

second, the pats have more depth and better lines because they draft both ol and dl every year. and, they don't trade away 3 or 4 picks to get one player ( like dwayne, revis, harris).

third, we could not trade a 4th for randy moss, cause we did not have one.:sad:

16. MK1

MK1 Member

Just want to know who on this blog went to the game and cheered Pennington coming out of the game?

17. jetglass

jetglass New Member

I hope you are really young and dont know yet what sarcasm is. Either that or you are really slow.

18. jetglass

jetglass New Member

Yep. The O line will magically start protecting the qb when clemens comes in. They will also magically start opening gaping holes for the running game. The O line suits clemens better? Before you put down your crackpipe, would this o-line suit any qb? If anything,its the opposite. A stronger armed qb who throws deep passes would be even worse. How is a qb going to throw deep passes when he has .5 seconds to get rid of the ball?