This is all Pennington's fault!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetglass, Sep 9, 2007.

1. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

No QB can play behind that line. We saw today just about no running back can either.

Chad played really good. Even after having to limp to the line of scrimmage, he played really good. In Chad i trust. In the line i would like to fire. Same goes for Defense. Brady sat in that pocket ALL DAY LONG. Thats why we lost so bad.

2. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Yeah – Chad rules. He’s been chief of the same stagnant offense for the last few years…but that’s twat his fault. If we could just put together a team that could hold opponents to les than three points and had a running back worth his paycheck who could earn us six points a game – we would be undefeated.

Screw Mangina – we should have hired Donnie as the head sacrificial lamb.

3. S-I-X

S-I-X Member

Lmao. Oh ok. This is the route we are taking this season huh, blame every good or bad performance on the Oline. Yeah I guess its the oline's fault that passes are thrown into triple coverage and that every pass down the middle are so predictable and in slow motion that it makes fat ass adalius thomas's skills look like champ bailey's man to man coverage. I'm not saying chad had a bad game and I'm not saying the oline was steller but not every play on offense is the olines fault nor will it always be by the end of this season.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Amazing post. Today was one of the most classless performances from Jets fans I have ever seen. Chad gets hurt BAD and stands up and keeps going, and people cheer that he's getting off the field.

I've never been more disappointed in the fans than I was today. I hope Chad makes a speedy recovery and has an awesome season despite the terrible oline that we have.

5. S-I-X

S-I-X Member

6. xxedge72x

In the context of today's game, it was absolutely the o-line's fault. And if you want to cast more blame, then you can also blame the d-line as well.

Chad threw 2 or 3 bad passes, but can you blame him when he is constantly under pressure? Constantly getting hit?

Look at the game Chad had today despite getting hurt and despite getting his ass kicked by the Patriots front 7. Can you imagine the game he would've had if he had been on the Patriots today, and can you imagine the game Brady would've had if he were on the Jets?

There is absolutely no way in hell you can't blame the lines today.

7. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

The Defense, and the O-Line cooked our goose. And they deserve the blame. NOT Chad.

8. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

The only caveat I'll add is this: While I like Pennington and think today's game was an indictment of our defense more than anything else, the only problem with Chad is because he's not a deep thread passer, the Pats (or any D playing us) can afford to play the safties up, which puts them in a better position to stop the run. However, aside from this caveat, I support this thread.

9. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I hate to say this, but D'Brick is not convincing me yet.

10. xxedge72x

I agree with you. Then again, even Mangold looked like crap and he was pretty awesome last year. The offensive line in general was putrid. I think it is time for new personnel and maybe even a new oline coach?

11. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

We were outplayed. Plain and simple. Now, this week, let's hope there is a major look at what went wrong, correct it and prepare for the Ravens.

12. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

What sucks is, we play McGahee next week, and while I'm convinced he'll be a bust for the Ravens, he's always looked like Sayers/Sanders/Brown against the Jets D.

13. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Stupid Jet fans forget they played the Pats, who in many quarters, will win the AFC and Super Bowl.

14. mgjetman

mgjetman New Member

I don't put this one on Chads shoulders. We couldn't stop the run for a loss all day. Not to mention nobody was making tackles.

15. erlovepuck

erlovepuck New Member

I can't believe Chad's failure to generate a pass rush, cover on special teams, give himself time to throw, and run the ball. Today was all his fault!

16. since83

since83 Member

I think some people are looking at this backwards. If a qb cannot throw enough for db to respect him what is going to happen. as a matter of fact, if many of you were coaching against a qb that you didn't respect what would you do? GO AFTER HIM AND ATTACK THE RUNNING LANES. This is how we get killed. No deep threat equals more defenders attacking the line of scrimmage. I am not taking credit away from the line getting beat down, but if CP had any inkling of ability to RIFLE THE BALL defenders would give more cushion and we'd have a better all around game. So understand that no matter who you have at RB or on the offensive line teams are going to stack the box and let their db go man coverage. If we had brady's offensive line teams will still do the same thing. Why do you thing brady had so much time. Realiticly think about this. We Play a 4-3 defense. Four LB's in coverage, Four DB's in coverage. Why? To stop the pass. What do the do now? RUN. Now we try to stop the run and walk right into a trap. They pick up the blitz and brady has enough of a gun to put it up or quick strikes. I will say the one thing I respect about CP is his heart. That can't be questioned. but if I want to win a war and had to choose between a soldier that barely passed the asvap and would lay you down flat versus an officer candidate from ROTC that's smart and knows how to manage combat, I'm taking the less smarts and more respect.

17. since83

since83 Member

correct me, 3-4 defense.

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

why do people respond to the title of the thread without reading the post?

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I doubt your claim holds any water, if at all.

Fastest man can run 100 meters in... about 10 secs. That's the very best of all humans - WRs will be running at some 12 to 13 secs, if they are fast, and without their gears and pad. But then we're not talking about 100 meter, but instead 10 meter (which is about 11 yards) How long would it take? Remember, nobody starts running at full speed. It usually takes good 3 to 4 secs to "just get the receiver" 10 yards ahead. Getting open will take another good second or two.

Now... look at the protection Chad had today. I once timed it. He barely had 2 secs in the pocket. (If my memory serves me correct, NFL average was somewhere around 3.5 seconds) I might be going on a limb, but I'll say this anyway. In that pathetic state of what they want to call "protection", it doesn't matter if the QB has an arm or not; the WR will hardly have time to run good 7 to 8 yards ahead, if he can just run ahead. Adjusting against coverage? That narrows the window even more.

Your claim MIGHT bear something to watch, if putting Brady in this offense could generate any tangible result, but, like I told you, he just won't be able to. He can rifle out all he wants - his receiver won't have the time to even get there. The offensive line is just putrid - it was hurting my eyes to watch them.

#39 Zach, Sep 9, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  20. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

For the record..Chad wasn't playing defense..didn't rush Brady, didn't cover Moss/Welker, didn't stop Maroney or Morris.

I bet you were the fucking jokers that cheered as Chad hopped off the field. Stop coming. Whether you're unhappy with him or not you don't cheer for a player ON YOUR TEAM to get hurt.