Jets fans' reaction to Chad's injury/NBC Mention. Merged X a lot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phokus, Sep 9, 2007.

?

The fans were cheering because...

1. Chad's ankle looked like it was on a swivel.

11.9%
  2. Chad was trying to get off the field on his own power.

25.4%
  3. Jets wouldn't have to waste a timeout.

1.0%
  4. They just really want to see Clemens.

41.8%
  5. They're drunk and have no idea what's going on.

9.5%
  6. Some girl flashed her tits.

8.5%
  7. Fan with a Brady jersey spilled his beer.

2.0%
  1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If anyone can upload/find a video of this incident, please post it. I want to see it again. It's upsetting to see, but I want to see at what exact points the crowds cheers can be looked at as bad ones.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

2003 - Randy Thomas leaves town and Chad is less comfortable and gets hurt.

2005 - Kareem McKenzie switches teams in NY and Chad is less comfortable and gets hurt.

2007 - Pete Kendall leaves town and Chad is less comfortable and gets hurt. Not saying keeping Kendall was the right move but I think under Hackett the Jet's offensive line slowly wore down to the near disintegration point it is at now.

And I recognize that the midirection the Jets run now is not the Hackett offense to a T. It's a survival tactic to deal with a bad offensive line. Schotty is a smart guy. However the basis of the Jets offense, which is to dump the ball off for short gains and try to make yards after the catch is damn near identical to what Hackett and Chad ran in 2002. The difference is the line was good enough then that you could run effectively to set it up and the secondary needed to cheat towards the middle in run support. Now the run game is gone and the defenses sit on the passing lanes instead.

3. GreenMachine

Seriously, I am really ashamed of the fans. I hope nobody here was a part of that. I blame JI.

4. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

That's about it right there. Pennington played a good game. However, the lack of velocity on the ball in certain situations was obvious.

5. You're absolutely right.

I've tried to defend the thinking after virtually all these moves. But I cant anymore.

We've been shunning the Ol and its depth for going on 5 years now. Brick and Mangold will be ok...but other than that...this OL is a mess.

It will get worse before it gets better.

6. csw572

csw572 Banned

I just got home from the game. People were cheering because they were begging for change. Its not Chad's fault. He played pretty good. It just sucks Brady gets 5+ seconds in the pocket and Pennington got like 2 or if he got more he held it until he got sacked. The offensive and defensive line should have been completely boo'd out of the stadium. Ferguson played like an asshole, the left guard position sucks, the defensive ends got absolutely zero pressure, and they couldnt stop the run. Not to mention the fact that they ran the ball like complete fags. Im disgusted. Yes the fans cheered when Clemens came into the game. Its a shame. But it wasnt all against pennington. It was rooting for Clemens and trying to shake things up and hope something good comes out of it.

7. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

When?

I don't remember the Patriots jumping any routes or knocking anything away today that was due to the ball not getting there in time.

8. GreenMachine

I call Bs on that. The game was still in reach.

9. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Absolute embarrassment. Pennington, and I for one will be the first to complain about his arm, etc. But he plays his guts out and was their best player today and to cheer when he got hurt is so embarrassing, it's beyond belief.

10. Br4d

The thing is that Chad could very easily not have gotten hurt and played his A game and it just would not have mattered. He did play his A game for most of the game and that was not going to carry the Jets.

This is not a good team and maybe no QB could save it but Chad certainly won't.

11. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Well said

We know your opinion of Pennington and if that "reception" bugged you, the crowd was clearly in the wrong.

12. csw572

csw572 Banned

And all of you people who are complaining about the crowds........If your such big fans get off your lazy asses and go to the games. Spend the 100 dollars and stop being babys on the internet. You crying on here isnt going to help the jets stop anybody on third and one.

13. Br4d

Chad wasn't trying to make those throws. He dumped everything off today. I can only think of one pass that was delivered with authority in traffic and that was the 9 yard seam to Cotchery on the first TD drive. With most QB's that's a 15 to 18 yard pattern up the seam but Chad can't make that throw so they never run it.

14. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

Chad should get a standing ovation next home game

15. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

It's a weekly event around here after every game. It's usually bitching about the crowd noise and people not being in their seats for kickoff and such.

16. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Agreed.

I was at a bar with no sound. But I can tell you one thing, the Jets fans at the bar were cheering Chad's injury. And thats just uncalled for.....

17. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Some of us aren't lucky enough to be able to live near the stadium, so we have to depend on the TV or internet. Get off your high horse. There are fans outside the NY area ya know. :rolleyes:

18. csw572

csw572 Banned

HAHA enough of the bullshit. Just because the announcers said the jets were cheering for Chads injury everyones going to think thats the way it is. The fucking stadium sucked when he got hurt. When Clemens came in everyone went fucking crazy because the guy needs some help. Everyone was hoping that maybe with him in the offense they would get some luck and things would fall their way. When Chad came back into the game everyone cheered for him. People are retarded

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

There are only X number of seats in that stadium. Also, some of us enjoy Sunday Ticket. I was able to watch most of Green Bay's win without missing more than a handful of plays from the Jets game (one that I missed was the Ellis return TD). I much prefer that over sitting in a shitty seat in 85 degree weather with a bunch of sweaty, obnoxious assholes near me.

Lions 10, Raiders 0 at halftime
    Janikowski missed three field goals!

Also, it is not a surprise that TB is playing okay in Seattle.

20. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

I was so glad to see this thread as I walked in the door.

Ferguson is playing like shit, Chad gets sacked and injured, and about 75 percent of section 337 starts cheering.

I have never been so embarassed to be a Jets fan.