Jets fans' reaction to Chad's injury/NBC Mention. Merged X a lot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phokus, Sep 9, 2007.

?

The fans were cheering because...

1. Chad's ankle looked like it was on a swivel.

11.9%
  2. Chad was trying to get off the field on his own power.

25.4%
  3. Jets wouldn't have to waste a timeout.

1.0%
  4. They just really want to see Clemens.

41.8%
  5. They're drunk and have no idea what's going on.

9.5%
  6. Some girl flashed her tits.

8.5%
  7. Fan with a Brady jersey spilled his beer.

2.0%
  1. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

That was disgusting. Lets Boo the only guy that came to play.....

2. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Pennington sucks... I can't believe that fucker gave up 24 points in the second half. What a joke. BOOOOOOOO

Yeah I think people just find it easier to blame Pennington that to admit that our o-line and d-line are both average at best.

3. Warrior

Warrior Member

I was embarrassed by the crowd reaction - Pennington has done nothing except give his body and soul for this team. Classless fan reaction.

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Average at Best ---- That might be te biggest overstatement Ever -- They Just Plain SUCK.

5. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

because it wasnt. stop trying to show face you know that was fucked what happened out there today. man up.

6. BinocMan

BinocMan New Member

Damn, sad to hear that. I was in a bar with little sound, and I had no clue as to what has been reported. I was just afraid that when he came back he might injure the ankle more seriously. The guy was on fire.

I could look up the details, but I do remember attending a Jets game in late November of '71. Joe Willie had been injured for (a few games?), and the back up quarterback was seriously injured. When the crowd saw Namath warming up they went wild. I did too. He almost brought the Jets back to a comeback win. Totally different situation.

I'm glad I wasn't able to hear the crowd today. It would have ruined an otherwise frustrating afternoon.

7. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Bad for cheering when Chad got hurt BUT

NY fans are smart. We all realize that Chad and his big heart can't get us to the promised land. I'm just tired of mediocrity which seems thats all this franchise is interested in. Tangini have become tight with the money and incredebly stubborn with how they do things. This 3 4 aint working hasnt worked for two years and I'm sorry I really like Chad but anybody with football sense will see how defenses cheat on the line which mitigates our run game. Honestly when the game got to 28 14 you knew it was over. If you had a cutler or Manning (ok thats a stretch) you at least knew you could throw the ball down the field. I'm just really tired of this grind um out 10 minute drives. As for the team booing Chad that was in bad taste but I just think NY fans have reached the saturation point with this 1,2,3 offense.

8. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Anyone who cheered at that moment is absolutely despicable.

Today, I am embarrassed to be a Jets fan.

No, that word isn't strong enough.

I'm humiliated to be a Jets fan.

9. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I want Clemens to start but I would never cheer an injury and I am ashamed in the people that did cheer.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What I can't figure out is why the same people who called for Paul Hackett's head on a weekly basis because they could not stand watching that offense have given Chad a pass for 3 years even though he RUNS THE SAME OFFENSE.

Either you were wrong about Hackett or you're wrong about Chad now.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

You cant hide anything with TIVO...

Jets fans were cheering when penny was on the ground, the cheers subsided when he got up and tried to walk it off, and there was an absolutely uproar of cheers when Clemens came in...

Disgusting...

#51 Scikotic, Sep 9, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  12. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

It was a disgrace. There's no defending it.

We have one of the worst fanbases in the league. Don't show up to the games, come in late, come in late from halftime, leave early. And aside from a handful of games I can remember, don't get all that loud either. Except now I guess when we are cheering our own player getting hurt.

13. Warrior

Warrior Member

One more time - If Pennington has the protection like Brady did today there would be more scoring. If the Jets were able to rush Brady the way the Pats rushed the Jets Brady would not have the game he had. Eg. the 60 yd Javelin throw literally took well over 5 seconds to develop - that's an eternity in the pocket. There wasn't even any pressure on Brady when he threw it.

NY Jet fans at that game were not smart - they were crass without any perspective or depth of perspective of what Pennington gives to this team.

14. Hey,

That's what happens when we're promised change and winning year in and yar out....only leading to dissapointment.

When you throw in that our biggest rival has a fan base full of bandwagoning douchebags that always beats us...this is the result.

15. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Even if they did score quickly, do you honestly think that this defense would have held after scoring? Come on.

16. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

WTF? If people say, "Chad can't get us to the superbowl, so bench him," does that mean that they think we can get there with Clemens, hell no.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the question is do chads weaknesses harm the rest of the team? does the other team have the ability to do things differently to stop the run and or put more pressure on because chad cant beat them with a good mid to deep throw with some heat on it.

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Once again,it was the line and the protection that was responcible,not Chad. "He can't get us to the promised land"? well,no he can't when the FO decides to let guys like Kendall get away.

19. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

NY fans are not smart. We lost today because we couldn't run the ball, couldn't stop the run, couldn't pressure the QB, and couldn't tackle.

This game confirmed that QB is one of the last things we should be worrying about right now, if Chad gets healthy by next week.

The Patriots weren't cheating up to the line too much today, and Chad made a number of good intermediate throws with zip on them today.

And btw, I never complained about Hackett's offensive system. I complained about his situational playcalling. This isn't even close to the same offense though.

Under Hackett, plays were designed so he had one option, and if it wasn't there, he had a checkdown. Just look at the number of catches for running backs then as compared to now. Now he has other options and can read the whole field and look for the best matchup. Now we do no huddle, which we never did under Hackett. Now we audible, Chad rarely did it then. And now on 3rd and 8 we try to get first downs, instead of treating it like 3rd and 20 and throw a 3 yard pass or draw play.

20. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Exactly, when the team had gotten to 28-14 due to a good drive (led by Pennington) what does the D do? Give up a 70+ yard drive to the Pats that consumes over 10 minutes of game time. As if the fact that Pennington doesn't have a rocket arm meant anything with regards to the outcome of today's game.