The Great Equalizer: Bad Weather

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sean_in_titletown, Sep 6, 2007.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You pats fans crack me up. For years you were able to beat Peyton Manning and the Colts at home in bad weather in the playoffs. Now that the Jets beat you at home in bad weather all of the sudden the weather is the "great equalizer".

Give me a break. Waaah it was raining out, WAAAH it might rain again this Sunday. You play in NE, get over it.

2. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Don't you guys realize that Bill Bellicheck controls the weather?

3. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Took you guys long enough to realize that.. :rolleyes:

4. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

5. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Field turf is nasty when it's wet though.... When it's dry, that stuff clings to your cleats like nothing else, but if you soak it down, and don't go with the longest spikes they allow, you'll be slipping all over the place...

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Maybe Mangini can get some pointers from Shula. Was Mangini alive for the mud bowl?

7. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

Good point, but I think bad weather completely nutrializes our passing game, while it only slows yours. arm strength = brady > pennington (duhhh)

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I love how every topic end up being about Chad's arm. The weather, whatever, Chad's arm.

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

Personally, I think it's game to game. NE went to Miami on a nice day last year and lost 20-0. Couple of weeks later we went there in a monsoon and Chad had his best moments of the year. The clutch TD throw over the middle to Cotch, the Leon screen. Granted, that was all Leon, but still. We scored 20 more points than NE against the same D on the same field and the weather was awful on our day there.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

With Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison not playing I think the Jets have a chance to win the game outright. At least I hope they do.

As to the weather? Well Chad can't throw at all in high winds so I'd think that kind of weather would favor the Pats unless the Jets running game is better than it looks right now.

11. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I don't know where this bad weather stuff is coming from. Both the Weather Channel and Accu weather are predicting nothing more than a chance of thunderstorms.

As for you Pats fans, you are a bunch of hypocrites. I thought you had a bad weather team - you play in New England for God's sake. For you to say that the rain impacted the Jets' win last year means that you have to admit that the weather contributed to every Super Bowl team you had, from the snow game against the Raiders to the cold and wind against the Colts and Ravens etc. etc. It's great to hear you guys finally admit that all three championships were nothing more than pure luck and circumstance and not because the Pats were anywhere close to the best team in the NFL. The Raiders and the Colts take apart the Pats if the games are played in warm or dome conditions in 2001, 2003 and 2004.

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

The weather will not be a problem and we have to bring our A game.

13. GreenMachine

He is 36 not 6...:lol:

14. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I seem to remember Chad having one of his best games in San Deigo a few years ago in heavy rain, with a couple of huge passes. We'll be fine.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Well, you've heard about the Chaos theory? A butterfly flapping its wings in Brazil can create a tornado in Texas and such.

Well, Science has proven that a butterfly flapping is wings creates almost 3 times the force as Chad throwing a 5 yard pass. So the weather is related to him not being able to counteract the awesome power of butterflies.

16. ........

........ Trolls

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the playoff game in '04. I was at that game, and the rain quit during the 1st quarter. He had a good game on that wet field, though. He's had some good games in San Diego period. I've been to the last 3 out there, all wins for CP.

17. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Looks like the tropical storm won't be affecting the game. I would much rather it be a nice day.

18. NYGANG

NYGANG New Member

Seams that the weather is up in the air at the moment for Sunday!:buffaloblows:

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahaha handoffs only..great line dude

20. Denny

Denny Active Member

......stuff the drains????