From Nicholls State LT to Jets starting LG in 9 months.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Not 6'6" ones.

Look at Marcus McNeil, Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Pace, Flozell Adams those are the big LT's in football right now. There are a bunch of 6'5" LT's playing between 310 and 330 and then there's the shorter guys playing down in the low 300's.

D'Brick is going to be facing bull-rushing 265 lb 6'2" ends on a regular basis. Those guys are going to get leverage on him due to his height and they're going to spin him around until he's too big to spin.

The great shutdown LT's have also been the great driveblocking LT's in recent years. Why? Because the reason they can just shut down a pass rusher is they are tall and very strong and immovable by a bull rusher. That size also allows them to driveblock effectively in the run game.

D'Brick has got some weight to put on before he gets in that class.

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

But he is still in the top half of starting LTs in the league.

3. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I don't think I could argue that. However it'd be a shame with all his potential if that's the highest he reached. If he gets bigger, he will likely become a top teir LT in the next few years and if his technique keeps improving he could truly become elite. The man just needs to learn how to keep weight on. He's got the frame to do it.

4. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

i hope clemens is ready after Chad is carried out in a body bag...

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I think that once he hits 25-26 he will just naturally keep the weight on.....I just turned 24 and now for the first time ever I actually have to watch what I eat....he's like 23 or whatever so in a few years hopefully Brick jsut starts to get heavier from a slower metabolism.