Rick Demulling is free, sensible

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by xjets2002x, Aug 29, 2007.

1. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

This would be a sensible signing. DeMulling is a gritty overachiever who at the very least is a solid pass protector. He'd be an upgrade over anyone we currently have inside. He was released by the Colts yesterday.

-X-

2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

And for the Colts to cut him, a team he formerly played for and knows that system says a lot...

3. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

if he can't even make the lions/colts...:eek:hmy:

4. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Well, it doesn't necessarily speak about the quality of his play. There's plenty of reason. Lilja is and has been the starter and they probably saw an opportunity to replace him with a younger player who showed enough to lead them to believe he'd be capable in the event of an injury. The Colts also have Dylan Gandy, who can play either center or guard.

Look, I'm not saying this guy is the end all and be all, just that he might be a worthwhile pickup in the absence of any quality. At the very least, DeMulling is a technically capable veteran who won't s---t the bed.

-X-

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Also would be helpful when the Colts come to town for our Home Playoff game this year.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ah & we resigned Baker & Clement after 31 teams REJECTED them

7. PutJerrichoIn

PutJerrichoIn Member

A solid point, I like reading these threads a lot more than I do "the sky is falling" ones. Good work X

8. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

id rather go for vincent, use demulling as a backup to whatever we have now, then our oline will be good to compete with anybody, but we need both vincent and demulling.

9. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Given the fact that we haven't done anything up to this point, my guess is that we're going into the season with Bender or Clarke as our starting LG. I think Tangini would have pushed the panic button a lot earlier since they knew they were getting rid of Kendall for weeks now.

So, all this idle talk about signing a guard would appear to be senseless at this juncture. With that said, the only thing that gives me a little twinge of doubt is that they tried to shore up the RB position last year at the very beginning of the season with the signing of k barlow... let's see what happens but you'd think they'd have executed something by now. This is a big test for the FO if you ask me. If the LG position proves to be a problem, they're going to be lambasted by the media and the fans for screwing it up.

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Mmm...basted lamb. gurglegurglegurgle.

11. Villmatic52

Villmatic52 New Member

I don't think they are manuevering to get a guard so everyone should just relax and get ready to go to bat with the the guys we've got. Clarke and bender both add something to the running game because of their size and youth/power. Between those two, one will emerge and pass blocking from a guard position is easier than anyother position on the dline, as long as these fat boys can stay lower than the other fat boys, they'll be fine.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Is this a Personals Ad?

13. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Lol, hells yeah. AFC championship, Jets v. Colts. We're at home. That's my fantasy football.

14. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Wait till the fianl cuts before saying the Jets will commit to their present roster. It's plausable to say that they are very wary of the lack of depth.

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

You're MISSING the point, as usual...

DeMulling knows the Colts system since he used to play there, and was actually pretty good I might add.

He went to Detroit where he wasn't so good...Then resigns by the team he used to play for, knowing that exact system and he gets cut?

Do you see it now champ...

NOPE, because you're suspended! :rofl:

16. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

I can only assume that the Jets' will wait until after there last pre-season game & then address the OL position.