Penny is the starter for now .....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Aug 29, 2007.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Away at the moment and WWW connection is terrible , UGH!
    Just tried watching the video highlghts and from what I've seen Chad just stunk the place out whilst Clemens shone.

What is the concensus of the TGG now?

Chad will most probably start , but how long before Clemens comes into replace him , barring an injury?
    Clemens seems to able to get more out of players around him , and with such a porous O line its only a matter of time before an immobile Chad is going off on the Kart.

What was the state of the D against the Giants? Did they play the 3-4 0r that hybrid bastard?

2. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Read around, people are going crazy over last game...
    People are saying some of the most outlandish shit i've ever seen on this board.

3. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Chad will start the season but I dont think he will get the leash that many say he will. Three disasters and he's yanked . I wouldnt put it pass Mangini to yank him in the first game if we are stuck in mud the way we were in the Giants game.(pre-seson I might add) I hope Chad will put it together Im not in the mood for a experimental seson to find out what Clemmens has!

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I ask again has Mangini named a starter for week 1? I would think he will not so BB has to game plan for both QB's.

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

very good point but there no way u give a QB his 1st start ever against a BB defense.

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think we shouild bring back Bollinger and start him.

The off-season has been painful.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Why not? BB would have close to nothing in terms of game films to work from to formulate a game plan (qb specific) with.

8. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

BB knows how to confuses vets QB so what do u think he could do against Kellen? with Kellen in there no way we beat the Pats but with Chad the odds go up.

9. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

But KC is god, is he not? Or some of you think... I say throw him out there so some people get a reality check. Those passes he completed against 2nd and 3rd stringers let him try with a 1st team defense. He needs just a little more time to develop, year 3 will be the year of KC :grin:

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Pats are slow at LB and secondary they can be defeated with the long passing game. They stopped Manning exactly no times in the second half of their playoff game. The way to beat them is down the field not with dink and dunk. Our win last year came on a blown play by the Pats CB on a terrible pass that should have been INT. The way to beat the Pats is down the field and Pennington just doesn't like to throw down field.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Guys, get off the Clemens bandwagon.

Chad is the starter.

Until Mike Vick gets out of prison.

12. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

KC has won the backup role to Chad Pennington the New York Jets starting quarterback. And thats all, he is the future not the present.

13. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

no one here knows anything at all. Most of these posts are laughable. Making any sort of predictions based on the pre-season is simply rediculous. The Bangles offense has been going no where too, I guess it is time for Carson Palmer to get yanked:/

14. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Damn shame too, but preseason tells the story ,poor Carson, I know lets trade Vilma for him :rofl:

15. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

You know it and I know it... so Mangini must know it too right? I'm not being sarcastic. So either 1) Mangini knows that whatever advantage Clemens might bring is offset by problems/inexperience, and in balance Penny still gives us the better chance, or 2) he will actually put Clemens in, or 3) Mangini is not as smart as we think he is. I'm betting it's the first. I have a perverse hope that Penny's arm strength has improved since last year and it's being kept "secret" until the season opener. I have a lot of respect for the guy as a winner but I don't know how far he can take us with the limitations he showed last year.

16. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

This thread is laughable. Clemens is killing it against second team defenses, and he'd be on his back too if he were taking the same snaps as Pennington.

-X-

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

See U also after the 09 season when CP is long gone as a NYJ & we have still not win a SB CHAMPIONSHIP

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

& what will U say after the 09 season when CP is long gone & there is still no CHAMPIONSHIP flag flying?

19. rillo

rillo New Member

The KC bias is crazy pple.....he play's against 2nd/3rd string defenses......Penny is the starter.....PERIOD!

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That Michael Vick is out of prison and an UFA.