Monday Night Countdown Jets Talk....comming up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOWIE, Aug 27, 2007.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

H'mmm maybe just maybe a switch to our #2 pick from last year will be far better for us then going with the known which is CP. BTW what Emmet said last nite is really, really quite true no matter if you chose to believe that or not.

2. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

With Chad at Qb the best we can hope for is a rd one playoff loss. Clemens can throw the ball and he proved that. I have enough faith in the COS that they drafted a guy who is smart enough to read defenses and make the five yard dumpoff plays that Chad does when he is in trouble. We know what we have in Chad and it is time to go with the unknown behind door number 2. The longer the Cos waits to bench him the further we are from the S/b. We need to have a Qb in place by the time our Defense is S/B caliber. Clemens or somebody else.

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

see, that was the point of my post. there have been instances where the coaching staff wasn't aware, or wasn't ready to hand the ball over to the backup who turns out to be better.

in the two examples i used, injury got those guys in, not the coaching staff's decision to go with the best player -- even though they each were the best player.

4. championjets69

Is it not a HISTORICAL FACT what I state in my singatuure? If it is what is the problem? If you really/truly want to win a SB & then post what you post then I have to say wow you do not understand how to become a elite NFL team. Also putting the NYJs as one of the constant 31 teams that does not win the SB is just the simple rationalzation of a fan whose team loses year after year as the NYJs do & saying that makes that fan feel like he is the majority rather then the minority. As for saying we will not be WORLD CHAMPIONs before 2010 at the earliest again show your lack of being able to project what is required to become a elite team in the NFL IMHO

5. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I think this CS has the balls to do what Shanahan did last year, if they feel that is the right way to go. They are bringing Clemens along, and he's doing well. Messgae board posters seem to be quicker to pull the trigger, since they are behind their keyboards and not in the practices and classroom/film rooms.

And I expect that next summer will be an open competition at QB regardless of how this year goes.

6. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Yeah but my point is why is it CP's fault, is he not 1 of ?? that determine the outcome of the game? I guess it's the nature of the NFL, blame the QB even if most of the pieces around you are mediocre at best. The Jets are in year 2 of rebuilding, if they put the right pieces in place, I honestly feel we are a year away from going deep into the playoffs, we were not so far off a few years ago with CP when we could have beat the Steelers in Pitt. Superbowl teams take time to build, you need the right mix of players and coaches, we are headed in the right direction, we just have to stay the course (wtf, I sound like Bush).

7. The Uniform Bomber

fair enough.

8. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

We all can see any one of several scenarios play out this season:

CP plays, cuts down his ints, has a good season managing the offense and keeps his job for the entire season

CP sucks, never gets untracked, gets pulled sometime in October and Clemens takes over

CP is mediocre, the team loses a lot of games, Clemens takes over as soon as they are out of playoff contention

CP gets injured and Clemens takes over

9. championjets69

Nope you totally sorry to say did not catch Emmets meaning. He was saying NO MATTER what CP because of his liabilities which Emmet pointed out & which have been discussed on this board to many times to mention will NEVER/EVER win us a CHAMPIONSHIP TJ or no TJ. In essence he was saying if the NYJs want to win a CHAMPIONSHIP then you have to junk CP cause he to easily defenseable by the other side due to the weaknesses discussed here day after day

10. FOURTHANDLONG

The point is Pennington is the piece that has to be replaced.

11. championjets69

Sorry some guys are just to bull headed to grasp it. All you can say is oh well to them

#71 championjets69, Aug 28, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  12. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

meh, Emmitt Smith is a wanna be NFL analyst who can samba.

Also, I wonder how many people said Dilfer would never win a Super bowl.

13. championjets69

See U after the our 09 season has again come up with no CHAMPIONSHIP

14. The Uniform Bomber

and do you think our Defense is remotely close to that 2000 Ravens D?

15. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I see your meds ran out again champ...welcome back. Your cheery disposition has been sorely lacking around here lately. Welcome back buddy.

16. FOURTHANDLONG

Dilfer had one of the best defenses of all time. Find me a qb that was a scrub who won it without a great defense?

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Just curious... What do you think about our chances with Pennington at QB this year?

18. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Exact point, QB is not end all.

19. FOURTHANDLONG

I think we will be 8-8 at best even if the O-line is fixed before the season starts. Im saying 8-8 because our Cs is good for two wins. Even if we somehow get 10 wins Chad's shortcomings will not get us out of the first round anyway. I can't see us beating the Pats, Colts, Chargers, Broncos, Bengals, Jaguars or Steelers in a playoff game.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

ok but what do you think about our chances with Chad at QB this year?