Monday Night Countdown Jets Talk....comming up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOWIE, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Haha, I was so not expecting that.
    I would think he means that Smith is more forgiving of Vick because he's black, but more critical of Penny cause he's white.

2. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

How long was the TD pass to Leon?

Oh, you're exaggerating, I get it. Distort the facts to suit your conclusion.
    That seems to be a recurring theme in your posts.

Carry on.

3. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

That TD pass to Leon was, in fact, underthrown. If he had not had so much space, he would have been swarmed before the ball got to him. He had to slow down to catch it.

4. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

You're seeing what you want to see. The pass may not have been perfect, but it was fine. Clemens' pass to 81 last week for a TD wasnt a perfect pass either, and most of the work on that TD was done by the WR.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Give credit where credit is due. Chad pumped, getting the defense to bite and hit the wide open receiver with plenty of time to make moves to get the TD. Who cares if the pass was under thrown when he did a great job of reading the defense, pump faking to help Leon get open, then hit him in the open field.

I criticize Chad a lot, but that was a top notch play by him.

#25 WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 28, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  6. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

That may be true, but i was just saying that, that particular throw shouldn't be used as evidence to say that he doesn't have bad arm strength.

Am I sounding confrontational here? It seems everyone thinks that I'm arguing with them today. :beer:

7. WhiteShoeWillis

Anyone who doesn't believe he has bad arm strength is lying to themselves. There is no point in arguing with them.

:beer:

8. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Of course his arm strength is a weakness, and Vilma's size is a weakness in his game.

But i get a kick out of all the message board GMs who are ready to dump the players the coaching staff is starting.

I guess mangini is lying to himself too by continuing to play CP.

9. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Does every thread in this forum have to have a mention of CP's arm strength. Is this not a known by now, why does it have to be repeated in every thread.

I don't give a shit about his arm strength, all I know is when he is the starter we win games and thats all that matters. When it's KC turn, lets hope he does the same.

Edit: Once the CP haters run him out of town, you know he will go to KC and win a Super Bowl with Herm, its typical Jets luck.

#29 RDriven3, Aug 28, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  10. WhiteShoeWillis

Hey man I'm just a fan who would like to see the Jets with a better QB. Obviously I'm no GM nor will I ever be, and Mangini knows far better what is better for the team than I do. Am I not entitled to that opinion?

I will root for Chad every time he takes the field in a Jets uniform, but that doesn't mean I don't think we can do a lot better.

As for Vilma, to my untrained eye it looks like Harris is better suited for ILB than he is based on the limited action I've seen. I think Vilma is a very good MLB and a good ILB, but again these are just my opinions.

11. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion about the players. But if you are going to suggest that i am "lying to myself" about CP's arm strength you are barking up the wrong tree.

I liked this stat JUNC posted this morning.

Since 2002:

Jets w/ Chad: 31-22, 3 PO apps, 1 div title, 2 playoff wins, 1 playoff road win
    Jets w/o Chad: 8-19

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am not sure, but I think the Jets do better with Chad at QB. :lol:

13. WhiteShoeWillis

My comment wasn't specifically directed at you, unless you believe he doesn't have poor arm strength for an NFL QB. I didn't see you say that, but maybe you do believe it.

Those stats are irrelevant to whether or not he has poor arm strength. I would bet that most teams have poor records when their starting QB goes down, especially when you're dealing with the 3rd string guy.

14. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

The stat seems to be relevant in terms of how the team wins more when he has played.

I'll support whichever QB the CS plays this season. They could announce tomorrow that Clemens is the starter, and I'll support it.

I dont agree with every decision the CS or FO makes, but on the QB issue, I'll defer to them since they are in a much better position to make that decision than I am.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

Of course it is. When your starting QB goes down most teams lose more often than when he was starting. The starter is the starter because he's a better player, so the guy replacing him wouldn't be as good resulting in more losses. This only makes sense.

16. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

So, using that logic, does the CS believe CP is the better player since he is the one they are starting?

Or are they lying to themselves about that too?

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

You know, I think if..........if Chad wins us a Super Bowl, there will be people here that will still put him down.

New York is a tough town.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

Wait a minute. You're merging two points into one.

Does the CS believe CP is the better player? I would have to go with yes.

You seem to be upset about the "lying to themselves" comment. I was specifically referring to people who believe Chad doesn't have below average arm strength for an NFL QB. It's a well known fact that he does have below avg arm strength, it's not some media created myth.

I don't get what point you're trying to make?

19. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Twombles and I were having a discussion about CP's arm strength, and you interjected and told him not to "argue" with people who were "lying to themselves" about his arm strength. Now you say you werent referring to me. okay.

His arm strength has been suspect for a while, and I covered it in my tc reports. Apparently, the CS knows about it, too, since they arent blind.
    It hasnt deterred them from playing him at QB, and their decision is the bottom line with me. That is the point i am making.

20. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

wait is this thread from last year or this year?? cause it sounds so familiar....:SNOOZER: