QB controversy brewing? or the media overracting

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rod_2, Aug 26, 2007.

1. rillo

rillo New Member

And we had our 1st team online playin @ that time....

2. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

Lets see Penny play with a quality RB (no offense Leon you kick ass but you cant take the same amount of pounding as Jones can.) first before getting retarded. With jones well establish a running game that will take the heat of of him. until then chill the fuck out.

BUT....

i will say this. if by the third game Penny hasnt shown or done anything i say we throw clemens in so that the season doesnt go to waste. we must improve by at least one game.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

There is no controversy because the only opinion that matters in Mangini's, and he says Chad is the starter. The end.

4. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

BINGO.
    :beer:

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Clemens threw a TD to the second string WR the previous week against the same first team D that picked Chad off twice.

6. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I guess the good news is that at least the first team OL outplayed the gnats second team DL.

Coulda been worse...

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If nothing else Clemens is beginning to make me a believer that he could be the man at some point sooner or later.

8. bpjets

bpjets New Member

needs to be sooner (Vision)...

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Clemens is looking as good as Browning Nagle and Glen Foley have done in the preseason - Definately the Heir apparent and the man who will lead us to our next SuperBowl.

10. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Winston you'll get no argument here about Chad's shortcomings. Clemens reminds me of where Chad was in his 2nd NFL year. He's close to being the new QB but Mangini will give him the benefit of the doubt before making the move.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You mean like when Herm started Vinny in 02?

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I already discussed this in the pros/cons thread, but people are overrating Clemens.

The old adage that the #2 QB always looks better than the starter couldn't be more true than right now.

1) The OLine was disgusting. Chad had no time. That said, he's throwing more like a girl every week, and that's disturbing to me.

2) Clemens had the benefit of the first team OLine against the Giants second-string D. No comparison.

3) I love how no one is mentioning that Clemens threw a total floater for an INT. They could have sent someone from the stands to intercept that ball.

4) Clemens throws farther but not harder than Chad. He's throwing spirals, but they have far too much hang time for regular season play.

5) On short plays, Chad > Kellen. Clemens is inaccurate and wobbly on short passes. If you think Kellen is a West Coast QB, you may want to reconsider your stance.

As of right now, I am confident that our future QB to lead us to a Super Bowl is registering for an economics class this week.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

So did Danny Ware, and suddenly he looks better then Leon Washington. :rolleyes:

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

More Likely Still in Diapers or not even a twinkle his parents eyes yet.

At the very Least Still on Summer Vacation with his Mom and Dad , dreading going back to school after Labor Day.......

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Read my response. And I've always been critical of Leon, so relax.

16. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Clemens throws "farther" but not harder huh? I think you have to be able to throw "harder" to make the ball go "farther" don't you? That's a little physics 101 there big guy. Your user name indicates your prowess at "dissecting" film.

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I wouldn't go that far. We aren't that far away from truly competing. We just need some development of the lines. Otherwise, I think the overall team is pretty strong. Not strong enough to compete this year, but soon.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

So if Pennington isn't successful against the Patriots, Ravens and Dolphins defenses we should put Clemens in? Just put him in now then.

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm not getting into a pissing contest today. I just don't have the desire. Maybe you try reading what is written though.

I can throw a ball 50 yards in the air too. I can do it with a spiral too. It would be 120 feet in the air at its apex too. I couldn't be a NFL QB. Period.

20. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Yes exactly. Mangini is just like Herm in one respect but H/C's hate change for change's sake. He wants to make sure that Chad is
    done in his eyes as a starting NFL QB before making the move to Clemens. Could he do it now, maybe but he must think Chad is capable of leading this team.