Kendall traded to Redskins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

We acquired LB Mackey from the Bucs after released on waivers, then we traded him BACK to the Bucs for an undisclosed (prob 6 or 7) draft pick in the 2008 draft. AND now we have a possible 4th round from the 'Skins.

2. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

From what I've seen in the games.....Clarke is bigger, younger, & stronger at the point of attack. No...he's not as experienced as Kendall, but Jets' will have a better running attack lining up behind Clarke & more of a power running game running behind Clarke & Bender will fill in nicely.

3. Chadwick I

Chadwick I Member

espn radio's reporting a 4th and a 5th rounder in 2009

4. baamf

baamf Active Member

I think it's a 4th or a 5th, depending on playing time I assume...

5. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Wow, that is optimism taken too a new level. Losing Kendall strengthens our run game? Are you on something? Bigger, younger, and stronger does not always equal better, and that goes for Clarke after seeing him play in the past few preseason games.

I am glad Kendall is gone, he was a distraction. But don't kid yourself, the Oline took a hit. The Oline was already subpar, especially in the run game, with "Moore penalties please" and Clement on the right side. Now with Clarke and an extremely raw Bender at LG, it got worse. Maybe people here are correct and the FO expects a vet Olineman to be cut, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The line worries me, now more than ever, it is our weakest and thinnest unit on the field, which is not good for a team looking to make a playoff run.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

holy shit redskins fans are idiots. kendall is solid. but come on they literally think they have a great line now. some person even took some bizzaro pills and said kendall is better than dockery so they got a better player and are paying cheaper.

read some of their posts so you can get a good laugh. one fan even said

"I like the fact that the trade was with the Jets. Deals with them tend to work out in our favor."

yeah they have a savy FO dont they. the only thing they made out on was dumping bum ramsey on us. otherwise they lost coles and moss had a highlight year which brought them nothing now hes injured on and off again.

7. Run_N_gun10

This also makes room for another player & younger players to make the team & the practice squad. This is also how the Pats' developed there OL.
    Jets' have decent rookies at OG (Moran....who I like, Villani also is playing some guard & a good back-up at center. He probally makes the team now. There's a few other guys also there. Villani provides much needed help at Center also, he's a battler. Jets' gonna be real fine this year & if Chad gets killed, Clemens will inherit the THRONE !!!:)

8. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

That's funny. Chad Morton worked out for them? John Hall? They traded Coles back to us for Moss who is hurt again. How about when we fleeced them 2 drafts ago, getting three of their draft pick just so they could move up a few spots in the 2nd round? One pick we then used to get Thomas Jones. So yes they get the better of us everytime, lol.

9. falcon4e

falcon4e Member

The O-Line does take a hit, but we get a fourth round pick out of it for a guy who in the beginning of this ordeal we knew we had to deal and other teams knew it.

This rebuilding process is going to take another 2-3 years I think, and I fully expect the Jets to take a step back but in the long term, keep getting picks and building the team.

10. TheGreenBrickRhode

TheGreenBrickRhode New Member

Priceless and.....................delusional

Yeah, Thomas Jones and Kellen Clemens... that Rocky or Rocco guy is way better than the two of them put together. The Skins always get the best of us!

#111 TheGreenBrickRhode, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  11. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Wow...just wow. I was going to try to replay to that, but all I can come up with is wow. All I have to say is pass the bong this way when you're done.

12. Run_N_gun10

Hey partner....I bleed Green also...Believe me, if not watch the action on the field. Jets' OL just got an immediate upgrade & you'll really see it when Thomas Jones comes back to lineup. You're also going to see everyone's play pick up a notch. Wouldn't yours if u knew by Kendalls' trade that you were now a starter or your gonna make the team now or practice squad now ? Everyones incentive & determination has just increased. :beer:

13. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

You make it seem like there are now 10 more spots open. THere is one, calm yourself

14. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

It's somewhat comforting to know that Kendall, who was never going to play to his ability unless he got his money, is gone and unable to ruin any part of practice or game by blowing a block he was suppose to make. With Revis signed and working out with the team and Kendall gone, it's now a family atmosphere the JETS have been striving for. I have faith in Clarke and Bender as well. For the future, we're better off having these guys get the full Mangini meal instead of that fat New England accent complaining fuck.

Mangold was being interviewed on SNY last night from camp. He's a beast and he'll tutor those guys to be solid replacements.

15. Run_N_gun10

Agreed amundo !!!! The emphasis will be on running the football this season & throwing off the run with play/action. Only formula I see Jets' can use to make a successful playoff run. Jets' won't make playoffs or win with a pass oriented attack.

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Merge Police, we already have a PK thread

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

/Chuckle.....Yes, play him at center.

Then we can trade you Tuiasasopo as well.

18. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

LOL i know, i have to agree with you, the guy is a major homer. hey, if it makes him happy, whatever floats his boat...

now back to the real world, this hurts the team this year and i'm sure the pats and ravens are licking their chops and game planning already to eat the rookie alive, come the first two weeks. bender should be having nightmares from now til then. it could be a ugly start to the season.....

i can already see the blitz & stunts coming at bender from every direction possible. bull rush,blitz, delay blitz and who knows what else!!!!

one or two injuries on the oline and this team is drafting early next year. which wouldn't be all that bad, i might ad. this team isn't ready for the big boys yet, anyway...

19. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Let's hope so!