Chad's Job Security This Year and Beyond.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe W. Namath, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I can live with Pennington's arm for now, providing that's his only weakness... and it's a weakness that has improved over last year, so let's also keep that in perspective. I truly think he could still take us to the SB even with this deficiency, providing everything else fell into place (i.e., an O-line that lives up to expectations, a true running attack, a Def that stops the run and establishes a pass rush, few key injuries, etc, etc.).

But (and I've said this before), I can't live with the Chinese Firedrill nonsense too much longer. A lot of this is poor decision-making on his part and IT'S GOT TO STOP! Get rid of the ball, throw it away, land on it, but for God's sake, do something other than throw the INT!

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

That was my point when I had this discussion with Junc a couple days ago. If you build a very solid defense..very solid..you can win with an average qb. As long as that qb can stretch the field or a DC has to at least gameplan for this average qb.

I do totally agree with you. Chad is a DC's dream qb. My point about winning a superbowl with Chad is that I used the word historical. You would need the Bears defense, the Giants defense etc.

Even with the great defense the Giants had...I hear defenders of Chad throw around the name Montana or Simms describing qb's that uses touch passes and not great arm strength. Chads arm strength is not even close to either of those qb's.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes that may work when you have a dominant D but since we do not is the reason that I do not subscribe to your theroy sorry. Also do you not think that when we play say the Pats or Dolphins or Eagles or anybody for that matter that the other side may out scheme us. Belly has many, many more years of experience then Eric has out scheming the other side correct?

4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I can live with the weak arm, but I agree, the decision making has to be good. I even found myself saying out loud when I was watching the 2nd INT "Chad, what the fuck were you thinking?". If he makes good decisions, that's normally enough to offset the lack of arm strength. Most of the time anyway.

5. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

It does not make a difference how good the Defense is with Chad. We have to go through NE,SD,CIN,DEN and Cincy. At some point in the playoffs whoever is the Qb for the Jets is going to have to make some plays for us to go deep. Brady kept the Pats in it last year with Wr off the street. Peyton sent his defense back on the sidelines and drove the colts down the field in the defining moment of their season. Cutler and Rivers will only get better and Carson Palmer is a star in waiting. All the Ravens have to do is score 14 points on us and the game is all but over because they will be licking their lips waiting for Chad to throw. We are in a serious disadvantage with him at Qb. Brains will get you so far if you don't have the ability to finish. The way things are shaping up with the lines Chad is definitely going to have to throw this year and it is going to get ugly early for our team.

6. championjets69

After watching that slugfest between the NYGs & The BR I said OH boy wait to those teams get to play against our OL it will be like throwing fresh meat to the lions

7. FOURTHANDLONG

Can you imagine Chad facing the Pats the first week of the season then having to face the Ravens in week 2? Out Tight ends will be useless again this year because they will have to sit back and be extra blockers once again.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

don't know about you but I am shaking in my boots about the matchup with the powerful NY Giants..:rolleyes:

NOT!

9. championjets69

TEs will not help a whole lot as OL will be overwhelmed by the BRs & NYGs front 4 from what I saw on TV the other nite. BTW I also think the Eagles have a pretty active front 4. I have not seen the Pats yet but I am sure that Belly will find every weakness in our O & scheme against it. If you do an analyzation of the teams right now you can clearly see that we made 1 upward stride in TJ & they OTH made several upward strides making the gap that existed between us at & them at the PO game last year even wider in the Pats favor sorry to say

10. championjets69

If you believe otherwise please redial me up after that regular season game. Also remember to redial me also after the 09 season when there still is not a CHAMPIONSHIP flag hanging at the Stadium

#130 championjets69, Aug 22, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Oh, no!!! All hope is lost.... why even bother playing the season at all!?? Just pack it in and stay home. :rolleyes:

Some of you have exceptional defeatist attitudes. :breakdance:

12. championjets69

There is that knee jerk reaction. Just like you we are just giving our HOs of what we see from the NYJs up to this time

13. Attackett

sure won't be a championship flag hanging in the stadium for the Giants though. Has there been more of an underachieving team in the NFL than the Giants over the last 5 or so years?

Why don't you give me a couple reasons why you think the Giants will walk all over the Jets..The Jets are better at practically every position and every overall unit..

14. FOURTHANDLONG

If Randy Moss follows the script and turns it around like every other lost Nfl soul that ends up going to the Pats then it could really get ugly. I will not even mention Mcgahee the Jet killer going to the Ravens or Cutler and Travis Henry in Denver.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

The Giants have a wayyyyyyyyyy better D-line than us.

16. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

See, I hear what you are saying..but I cant live with a weak arm. I could have 5 years ago. Its been a steady diet of weak arm preparation for DC's around the league since Chads breakout year.

Its gotten old and stale for me as a Jet fan. Im sick and tired of watching defenses prepare for us. Im tired of the lack of respect defenses give us on the deep ball..and to top it all off...us not being able to take advantage of it.

Chad is a great guy...and has done a sensational job learning this offense and running it. He just doesnt have the tools to bring this offense to the next level. He cant expand on what Schotty did last year.

If he does...I promise to be the first to say wow...never knew Chad had it in him.

This coaching staff is great at hiding their gamplan...so I highly doubt we will see anything different than what we saw last year. Thats why I didnt freak out over his performance last week. Both the Patriots and the Giants will not see anything other then plays to set up other plays in week 1 and then later against the Giants.

We will find out week 1 if Chad can bring anything new to the table by stretching the field.

17. Attackett

Yes I agree, that is the only case you can make for a Giants unit being better than a Jets unit.

18. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

both line's are better than ours..........qb are even maybe. i'd actually give the edge to eli. who by the way, sucks....

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

That and the OL.

20. Attackett

It remains to be seen if the Giants OL is better than the Jets. They have a LG playing LT this year and have noone as good as either Mangold or Brick. Time will tell on that one.

Eli may have more potential than Pennington but to say the QB position is even right now is a joke..