Chad's Job Security This Year and Beyond.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe W. Namath, Aug 21, 2007.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So then what is your complaint if he was in command of the system last year? Why even bring it up? All else does not matter. OBTW if you ever want a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP flag flying you better adjust your thinking that CP will be not be the guy. Cause by the time we have a SB dominant team it will be 2010 or later & CP by then will be a footnote in the NFL history books Einstein or not

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Its not a complaint, it's just fact that he's had to learn a new system. Which takes time and is not easy. I think he's done a great job transitioning from offensive scheme to offensive scheme. But it is a distraction when you are constantly changing systems.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

wow umm yeah anyone who says 1 of those 3 couldnt take this team deep into the playoffs has chads dna dripping from their chin.

were loaded at WR this year. if we could get someone who makes defenses stand back farther presnap due to an actual deep threat the running game would open up somewhat even still considering theyre not great run blockers.

point in case i agree . haha

4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

You question Chad's intelligence, and then use a word like "brainest" in a sentence. I see your time away from the boards wasn't spent on spelling or grammar lessons.

5. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Kellen definitely has a stronger arm so he would accomplish that, but I'd really like to see him throw tighter spirals before they give him a chance. His passes seem to wobble an awful lot sometimes.

6. championjets69

Look you yourself admittted that CP knows MS system. Whatever happen before is now gone with the wind like yesterdays newspaper outdated. The problem with CP is ARM strenght not systems & because he has NO confidence in making several throws he becomes easily defenseable by the other side. Brady may not be god but he has a arm & can make all the throws while OTH CP does not have the arm so he CANNOT make all the throws. As a person CP is top notch & is devoted to the NYJs. However, as a player he is a deterrant to us & loses us as many games as he wins. Also this argument goes nowhere on either side since by the time we are SB ready which IMHO is 2010 or later as I said before CP will just be another name in the NFL history books.

#106 championjets69, Aug 22, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  7. championjets69

H'mmm show me where I questioned his brains? I said OTHERs on this board think he is Einstein

8. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Seems like you're questioning his ability to grasp the offense right there.

9. championjets69

Here is my post it is #97

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Murrell2878
    It is correct...He mastered an offensive system that usually take 3 years in a year and a half and took us to 2 playoff berths in that system..

I just don't see the problem in a QB that is accurate, has led the team to 3 playoff berths, has had ONE redzone INT in his entire career. Is he going to ever lead the league in TD's or Yards passing? Obviously not. But give him a solid team around him and he can get us where we want to go.

Yea but you used as a excuse that CP had to learn 4 different systems however OTH you say he is the Einstein of FB which would mean he should grasp everything immediately

So where am I questioning CP brain power?

10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Agree with everything you say here champ except the 2010 part. Not saying you are wrong..its just the NFL right now. Make a move here..have a good draft there...a kid like Clemens finds himself out of the gate...he doesnt and the Jets sign an above average qb this off season..you just never know.

The defenders of Chad will never understand what truly bothers those that dont like him as a QB for the Jets. We love the person...we like the mind..we hate the arm.

He has one of the weakest arms in the history of the NFL. With that said, its truly a miracle what he has accomplished with that arm..which goes a long way concerning his mind and fortitude.

Problem is that the mind can only take you so far at that position...this isnt chess. There will always be that January day when his arm strength will not be able to overcome a good game plan...no matter how much talent the Jets bring in. You could have 3 hall of fame receivers on this team..and it wouldnt make a difference.

good to see you champ.

11. championjets69

Well while anything can happen theroy is really one I do not subscribe to. I subscribe to having dominant players which insures that you a contender rather then a pretender. The reason I say 2010 or later is I am projecting all the players we must turnover to be a SB dominant team. That will take some years & will also mean hitting 500 foot HRs with every one of our #1s & #2. Already there is rumblings concerning Brick so IF we have to go out & try again at LT well that is one less draft choice we have to fix something else. Hope I replied to all of your post. Hope you will be at the game to see your son perform & I wish him luck & it is also good to see you

12. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

This is it in a nutshell. If Chad could throw we could at least have a decent passing game. I bet any of those three Qb's could make it work with the receivers we have.

13. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

This is the point most fail to realize. We need to find out If Clemens will be the Qb by the time the rest of the team is ready to compete.

14. championjets69

The problem with fans is the develop man love for players which prohibits them from seeing the truth of the matter. You know the old saying "that love is blind" well that is what happens to fans towards players they supposely "love"

15. jaywayne12

I do agree with this Murrell. I just dont think anyone is knocking his mind.

Hey, the bottom line is that the Jets could win the superbowl with Chad. Many teams have won the superbowl with average qb's. Chad is average because his mind is above and and his arm is below.

The Jets could win the superbowl by having an outstanding defense...im talking historically outstanding. They are not close to that. There lies the problem with an average qb.

16. championjets69

Yep that is up to EM to figure out if he is bright enough

17. KSJets

KSJets New Member

As a defender of Chad, I fully understand why some people don't like him. It's just personal preference I guess. I just feel that there are very few QB's who can take a team on their shoulders and carry them. There are just way too few out there. Most QB's need a solid team around them to succeed. That's the category that I think Chad fits best into. He's not a superstar, elite-level QB, but there really are so few of those out there.

Personally, I'm more concerned with the defense. I want a defense that can dominate. That has players that are willing to rip off the opposing players heads. I just feel the defense isn't aggressive enough to my liking.

18. championjets69

Yep but normally even "average" QBs can make outs & deep throws which at least makes them dangerouus whereas cause of weak arm CP becomes easily tameable

19. jaywayne12

Thanks champ.

I see what you are saying. I just give a little more credit to systems and coaching then you do...but I do follow your point.

20. championjets69

Wow we actually agree on something that the D has to develop a swagger to them that has been missing for many, many years. As FB players though they know where the weaknesses are just as we fans know which maybe the reason they are not aggressive because they know we are just on a merry go round team doing the same thing year after year