Chad's Job Security This Year and Beyond.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe W. Namath, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

See Above.

And in Minnesota there was people in his face most of that game.

2. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

DAMN....did evryone forget the NE game/playoff,,,,,,he blew the game with that BS same kinda pass tothe Dlineman.....it looks to me that chad is picking up right where he left off!

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Chad will be picking up where he left off the first game of the year against New England. Of course we already have the built in excuse of the offensive line and Thomas Jones aching knees to bail him out.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

that's pretty good stuff.

but of those teams, which ones are we likely to meet in big Playoff games?

Baltimore
    New England
    Pitt (maybe)
    Jax
    San Diego

can you honestly say you have confidence in Chad beating these Defenses - right now, this year, not 3 or 5 years ago - in January?

5. The Uniform Bomber

haha, you're absolutely correct.

if Chad plays poorly the explanations will go as follows:
    1. weak OL
    2. Thomas Jones not 100%
    3. rust
    4. it's only his second year in a new system
    5. no big deal, he was amazing in the 2002

i'm sure there are more that will surface, but those seem the most evident up to this point.

6. FOURTHANDLONG

Lets not forget we traded up to get Revis instead of a De, Dt and lower rated Cb so the Defense is not up to par and it puts Chad in the position of having to throw.

The board will Turn on Mangini before Chad.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The only one of those teams I would not be optimistic about going up against
    on any given sunday is Jacksonville, and only because of that group, Their DT's walk thru our Oline, like its not even there.

Barring unforseen injuries at this point,we will beat Baltimore in week 2 write it down and we will beat Pittsburgh this year as well.

8. The Uniform Bomber

i agree i think we'll beat Pittsburgh; we're probably a better overall team than them right now, with a better coach -- we don't know how they'll respond to their new guy.

hey, we may beat Baltimore Week 2. but that's why i asked if you have confidence in Chad in January. facing Baltimore Week 2 and Week 18 are two completely different animals.

we beat New England last year in the regular season, only to get stepped on by them in the Wildcard.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

lol

You forgot a couple of good ones.
    6. All he does is win.
    7. What about the bomb he threw to Santana Moss in 2005?

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Clutch throws are the ones Joe Montana made in Super Bowl 23 or John Elways passes during the drive...Not dump offs to J.R. Redmond. Or leave it up to his kicker to make a 40+ yard FG in a blizzard. Montana and Elway scored TD's for their teams..Brady got his team to a point where they had to bring on the FG unit...big difference....

Sorry, I just don't buy that Brady is this super human QB at least not from people who are bashing Pennington. A lot of what Brady has been able to accomplish was due to the system...the SAME system...this is Pennington's 4th system he's had to learn since he's been here.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

OK so you don't believe Brady is a clutch QB and you think that Pennington is about the same quality QB as him? Am I understanding you correctly?

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Are U a NYJ fan really & truly? Saying that we can have a successful season without winning the SB is that what you are saying?

13. championjets69

So whats the problem if you read this board most say CP is the brainest QB in the league. Is that not correct?

14. FOURTHANDLONG

I forgot about that Bomb in 2005. That is his claim to fame. Most Qb's throw 10-15 of those a year and we have to listen about the one he threw two years ago!

15. Murrell2878

No, you are cherry picking. But to put Brady on a pedestal and then kick Pennington is silly beyond belief.

And yes, I don't think Brady is a "clutch" QB. Last year he threw 2 INT's in the closing minutes of their last 2 playoff games when needing a Touchdown instead of a FG.

EDITED -

16. Murrell2878

It is correct...He mastered an offensive system that usually take 3 years in a year and a half and took us to 2 playoff berths in that system..

I just don't see the problem in a QB that is accurate, has led the team to 3 playoff berths, has had ONE redzone INT in his entire career. Is he going to ever lead the league in TD's or Yards passing? Obviously not. But give him a solid team around him and he can get us where we want to go.

17. championjets69

Yea but you used as a excuse that CP had to learn 4 different systems however OTH you say he is the Einstein of FB which would mean he should grasp everything immediately

18. WhiteShoeWillis

I believe Tom Brady is leaps and bounds above Pennington in nearly every aspect of the game. You disagree, so I guess we're at a standstill.

I hate Tom Brady too.

19. Murrell2878

Now you're just being silly. You cannot learn a system overnight. It does take awhile. However he did get us to the playoffs last year - the 1st year in Schotty's system and did get us in, in 2002 after only 1 1/2 years learning the WC offense...

20. Murrell2878

Well he's not leaps and bounds better, so you're right we are