Chad's Job Security This Year and Beyond.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe W. Namath, Aug 21, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Pats have been far more talented than the Colts since Brady has been on the Pats. Their defenses are not at all comparable and Brady has played with a very solid OL good RB and one of the most talented TE in the league.

#61 winstonbiggs, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  2. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I am so sick and tired of the Pennington bashing on this board and the media. The man is a WINNING QB everywhere he has gone yes that includes here with the jets he has been a winner. Hes been here 8yrs and i believe started 5 out of those 8yrs with a record of 31-23. Led the jets to the playoffs 3yrs out of 5 yrs and dont forget the only reason he didnt lead us to playoffs in the other 2 yrs was #1- he returned after missing 7 games due to injuires (2003) and #2- he was injured in week 3 of 2005. Now i know some of you NEGATIVE JETS FANS are gonna say well thats the point he cant stay healthy or he has no arm BLAH BLAH BLAHHHHHHHHH . But when he is healthy regardless of his arm strength THEY WIN bottom line. I wouldnt have a problem if Chad was the QB for the jets for the next 5yrs at all. And if healthy again this year i see the jets winning 10-12 games this year.

#62 JIMsection323, Aug 21, 2007
  3. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Shhh...it's only a sin when Jets receivers make YAC.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

and then he'll wet the bed against one of the pressure D's in a big Playoff game.

Pennington can get us to the Playoffs, he'll never get past the Defenses of New England, Baltimore, San Diego, Pittsburg (we'll see if Pitt's new D this year is as good), because he doesn't have it in him. and if you can prove this otherwise, go ahead -- regular season games of beating the Pats don't count either. how about a big Playoff game; because that's what all this is about, isn't it?

5. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

You clearly dont know your JETS history maybe you should buy the DVD. He has already beaten San Diego IN SAN DIEGO! (IN THE PLAYOFFS) Came within a field goal from beating pittsburgh in PITTSBURGH. Let me guess your gonna blame the kicking game on him to right?

6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Chad Pennington again looked for gaps in the Chargers' coverage and found Justin McCareins on a slant for 21 yards on third and nine -- Pennington went 5 for 5 for 59 yards in the first half on third-down throws -- and connected with tight end Anthony Becht on a 13-yard touchdown pass two plays later

Pennington issued a salvo early in the third quarter to give his team its first lead. San Diego's vulnerable secondary was conceding yards in bunches -- all three of Pennington's completions on the five-play drive went for at least 10 yards -- and the quarterback continued his third-down mastery here, finding McCareins on a slant for 10 yards on third and three (he was now 6 for 6 on third downs). That brought that ball to the Chargers 47 and on the next play Pennington found Moss streaking down the middle of the field, beyond cornerback Quentin Jammer and safety Jerry Wilson, and the perfectly thrown ball went through their outstretched hands and right to Moss's, making it 14-7

You asked for proof here is just one example and this was with a lame Shoulder

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
    C. Pennington 23/33 279 8.5 2 0

7. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Oh i forgot to mention a 41-0 kick ass wipping of the colts i guess Chad had nothing to do with that right it was the other 10 players on offense. section 336 im glad we have some chad supporters here.

8. The Uniform Bomber

so wait, the Chargers 04 Defense is the same Defense they have now?

and coming within a FG of Pittsburg really means nothing. we lost the game, in which Pennington played horribly.

face it, there's no evidence that Chad can beat the elite Defenses in the League. prove it otherwise.

9. The Uniform Bomber

lets see. there are some things that stand out:

- the names Becht and Moss
    - the Chargers weak secondary
    - the lack of names such as Merriman, Castillo, etc.
    - oh yeah, the fact that it was 3 years ago, when San Diego's D wasn't great yet.

10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

So who are the QBS capable of beating an elite defense in the Playoffs except for Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

And Please PROVE your answer .... You cant because Jay Cutler hasnt , VInce Young Hasnt, Matt Leinart Hasnt , Eli Manning Hasnt , Tony Romo Hasnt. Kyle Boller Hasnt , Drew Brees (Lost ot Jets in SD , Lost to Bears couldnt beat that Elite D) , Culpepper hasnt , David Carr , Marc Brunell , Marc Bulger??? JP Losman ?? Alex Smith?? JakePlummer?? Damon Huard?? Joey Harrington??

Please enlighten Me - Thanks

OH and By the Way the Chargers Run D was one of the Best in the League in 04 so what we did was use Chad and the Passing game to win , If you play a team with a Good Pass D and weak against the Run you run it down their throats.

#70 Section 336, Aug 21, 2007
  11. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

how is coming within a field goal mean nothing? brien makes the kick jets are in the AFC champonship? do you not get it? and if you remember no one gave us a chance to beat the chargers in san diego.

12. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

then, i'm guessing the plan is to build the lines in next year's draft and free agency. the tuna-like plan shows playoffs , then a step back, then reload for the final push to win a trophy in years 4 OR 5.

13. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

14. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

If Chad doesn't win some playoff games this yr, his job is in serious jeopardy. If all doesn't go well, he won't even be the starter all season.

15. The Uniform Bomber

16. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

17. The Uniform Bomber

it is fair because SD's Defense wasn't top notch in 2004, and it wasn't near what it is now.

what don't you understand about making the Playoffs not being good enough? there are a lot of QB's who can get to the Playoffs with a decent/good team; it's the QB's that win big games against the best Defenses that separate themselves.

recently, which good Defenses has Chad played well against?

18. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i'd give up there dawg!!! your never going to convince the sunshiners about noodle arm not having the ability to lead the jets to the promised land b/c he doesn't have the ability to win against the elite when it counts...

noodle arm had one good season on a very good jets team and they want to hang their hats on the past. a single season! and even then, he couldn't get the jets over the hump to elite.

they want to hang their hats on noodle arm beating sd and the colts in the playoffs, two of the worst playoff defense's in those seasons.

i believe when it's all said and done in the end, penny will be remembered as an average qb that had a winning record, but wasn't good enough to beat the elite when it mattered!!!

19. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

This can't really be seen until next year... I think next year may be his last as a starter

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

OK.

The top 12 defenses last year were,
    Baltimore
    Jacksonville L
    Oakland W
    Miami W,W
    Chicago L
    New England L,W

Carolina
    Minnesota W
    Pittsburgh
    San Diego
    New Orleans
    Green Bay W

thats 4-3 against the top 6, and 2-0 against the second tier.

Thats not too shabby.

The Jacksonville loss was a team effort, and in the Chicago loss, Penny threw the EZ pick, but the OL clearly shouldered the lions share of the blame.
    Mangold and Ferguson had costly penalties, and there was a score of RUnnining plays for negative yardage.