Chad's Job Security This Year and Beyond.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe W. Namath, Aug 21, 2007.

1. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

ya, i know, comparing noodle arm to tom brady..lol noodle arm could never drive the jets back and forth scoring td's like it happened in the panther/patriots superbowl.

noodle arm has never shown he can consistantly bring his team back in the last minute of playoff games(never mind brady doing it under pressure of the 3 superbowls)and win on a regular basis. penny = brady is the most laughable comparison i've yet to hear on this board all year long!!! and there have been some dousee's.....

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Please Pennington was as big a none factor in the Pittsburgh game as they come. Our o got in FG range a couple of times. Defense and special teams did all the dirty work. Chad threw a pick that resulted in 7 points for Pitt. We might have won that game if Brien QB'd instead of kicked.

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Granted A.V. is in a class by himself but come on man. There is a Huge gap between Brady and Pennington.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The major difference is that Tom Brady made big throws in those games to help his team win/setup for the FG's. He also tucked pretty well against the Raiders. :breakdance:

The Jets were in position for winning Brien FG attempts in spite of Chad, not because of him. The defense and special teams are the only reason we were in that game. Chad played awful.

5. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Get ready for the superman Chad hobbled onto the field with a broken arm and got us in field position to win the game Rhetoric!

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Chad was like superman that day the way he got us into field position with a broken arm..

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes. Particularly in the help He's had at the Kicker position, AND on Defense.

But Statistically thats not really true. In 2002, Brady was not even in Chads league.

But in 03,04 and 06 Brady has been better, but only marginally.

Don't take my word for it, you can look it up yourself.

What is being overlooked, here, is the old addage about QBs getting too much of the credit for winning, and too much blame for losing.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

you're out of your mind.

In 2001, (actually Jan 02) against Oakland, He took the Ball at Midfield, He got sacked, stripped, got the famous call to get the ball back, hit one pass for a total of 13 yards, missed three more pass attempts, then they took the 3.

And in Overtime, the last 6 passes to set up the winning fg, went for 2,3,6,4,3,6 yards before NE ran the ball down Oaklands throat, scoring consecutive first downs on runs of 6,4, than 1,8,2, yards.

That says more about the OLine than it does anything else.

9. winstonbiggs

The difference is that Brady threw 11TD and 3 INT's during their SB run. Pennington has thrown 7 TD's and 4 INT's in our playoff runs and 3 of those TD's were in the first playoff game in 02. Since than he has thrown 1 pick for every TD and since his first surgery he has thrown 1 pick for every TD on average in every game he has played and it's not good enough. Brady throws TD passes Pennington sets the team up for FG.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

Brady was 32-of-52 for 312 yards and a rushing TD while leading his team back from a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter of that game. He was making a lot of throws against a pretty good defense in that game.

Pennington was 21-of-33 for 182 yards and an INT in the Steelers game. He looked like a scared puppy dog in that game.

Look - everyone has their opinion on Chad and no one is going to change their mind based on what someone else says on here. I don't know why I trouble myself with getting into these debates, it's silly. We all need to just agree to disagree. I hate that saying too.

#50 WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  11. winstonbiggs

By the way Hobbes since Weiss left Brady has started throwing more INT's in playoff games and NE with a great D a great OL hasn't gotten back to a SB. I don't think that's a coincidence. I don't think we are going to get to a SB with a better D than NE a better OL than NE and a better kicker than Vinateri with Chad as our QB since even though Brady right now is much better than Chad post surgery he can't get the Pats back.

12. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I'd love to see Vilma administer a career-ending injury to Tommy Boy Brady. Something Theismann-esque!

13. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i'm not so sure thats a very fair assessment of brady's play since weiss left b/c, look how far brady got them last year with really no receiver talent at all. hell, didn't he have them up three td's or something like that at halftime. the defense fell apart on the pats in the afc game in the second half. brady actually did more than enough to win that game. especially when you consider the receiver's he's had his whole career. then look at the talent manning has had all these years. got to give brady his due, even if he does play for the fu**ing pats.....

14. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

That can't happen, if you don't win the division, you can't get a first round home playoff game.

And it's not as simple as looking at TD's vs. Interceptions to decide whether he comes back. But it sounds like your asking, is good enough? If Pennington has a good but not great year, and the team has a good but not great year, will he be back.

I say yes without a doubt.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's not too classy to wish injuries on any players. Besides, how is Vilma going to get past the first line of blockers?

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

What big throws? A dump off to the Running back? A quick pass to Daniel Graham who runs 50 + yards down the field?

17. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

As much as I dislike Brady I just can't go with this sentiment. Dreams of teams and fans are broken on bad injuries- lets beat them on the park and let Brady walk back to the lockers mentally broken.

18. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Maybe it could happen in the open field after a scramble. I know it isn't classy, to wish physical harm upon a player, but I just can't shake that feeling -- and I guess I'm just being true to my feelings.

19. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Hey, that would be great too!

20. WhiteShoeWillis

When I said big throws I meant tough, pressure throws against a good defense - I didn't mean to sound like he was throwing bombs all day. He completed more than his fair share of "big throws" against a good defense under pressure in a damn blizzard. I guess clutch would be a better word?