Chad's Job Security This Year and Beyond.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe W. Namath, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes.....Not even a question.

2. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I like watching games in Nov and Dec that mean something as well but I want to watch the Jets in the last game of the season that means the most one day. That day will not come with Chad. In past years when you could be mediocre and win the title I would be fine with Chad but these teams we have to beat now are Superbowl ready in any era. I feel I woud rather take a step back now then loose three or four years finding out what Clemens can do or grooming another Qb to take over one day.

3. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Chad stays. He should be the non factor. I just rewatched that game vs. Minn and it was mostly the defense not stopping the run I would be concerned about. And...Brandon Moore is a liability on pass protection.

#23 DOOM, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  4. blevins

blevins New Member

I agree with sect 336

I just don't see all the talent some of you talk about. Games are normally won or lost in the trenches. Just what offensive or defensive lineman are perenial pro bowlers? What position (including QB) would you say we have a "top 5 in the NFL" type player? To be honest, I see none. This team wins on unity, heart, intelligence, determination, and improved coaching - not on superstars; like LT, Randy Moss, P. Manning, etc.; who occassionally take control of a game. Jones is an avg. RB - Cotch and Coles are slightly above avg WRs - Chad is a slightly above avg. QB - our DBs are average. The strongest positions on our team are average. The weakest aren't even that.
    Chad is the best QB on the team. Perhaps Clemons is closing the gap (preseason stats can be deceiving) but that gap is still huge. If the intangibles Chad brings to the team gets us into another playoff this year, I'll feel he earned his starting position again for next year. Only 4 teams go DEEP into the playoffs. Some realy good/great QBs needed more help than Chad has to get there.

5. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Coles is a top-15 WR in my opinion, not average. Cotchery is a very good WR as well.

6. Hobbes3259

Really?

Remind me again How many Superbowls Elway won without a Running Game, when he could THEORETICALLY carrry a team (in his prime).

Or how many rings Montana got in KC.

No matter how you slice it, its a Team game.

Any given player can lose it, but generally no single player can win it.

7. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

exactly you nailed it. However, lets not just think that were satisfied with just "sniffing" the playoffs. We need a guy who will take us to the super bowl and not have to rely on a stellar defensive performance just to win a divisional playoff game. And you all know wat im talking about ;

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Elway carried his teams deep into the playoffs, but never won a ring without the running game. Without Elway a lot of those early teams wouldn't have even been close to where they were.

Montana was well past his prime by the time he went to KC.

Football is the ultimate team game, but the QB position can play a lot bigger role in win/losses than any other.

9. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

The reason that i agree with Joe W Namath is that we've already seen Chad go to the divisional round and not stand a chance. Period. How about we bring in a guy who will play just as good in the post season as he does in the regular season. loook. we all know wat chad's capabale of. and i love the guy. but i also know wat his limits are. in three divisional playoff games hes scored only 29 offensive points. and probably half of those were from the running game.

10. jetglass

jetglass New Member

Whats with all these threads coming out NOW about Chad's security? No,nothing has changed after 2 MEANINGLESS preseason games. I don't care if Clemens throws 20 td's and 0 int's in the preseason, b/c its PRESEASON.

With all the people who don't like Chad saying he shouldnt start after a bad preseason game, its the equivalent of Chad supporters saying that when Chad has a great preseason game he should be immediately inducted into the Hall of Fame.

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Dan Marino, one of the best Qbs to ever play the game couldn't win a SB without a complete team. The only QB that has come close is Elway who ended up losing 4 straight SBs.

The same people constantly complaining about Pennington will be the same people complaining about Clemens after one season without a SB and every QB after until someone wins a SB..

12. Hobbes3259

Remind me again how we lost in the divisional round.

Last time I checked the QB's job was to get the team in a position to win,
    not to kick the GW FG.

FCOL Adam Viniatieri is a rich man for making Tom Brady a champion, but in the end, the difference between US and NE, was their Kicker made the kick, and ours didnt.

Take away those game winning kicks, and you have no Dynasty.

Lets keep some of this in perspective.

13. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

YOU'VE SEEN HIM PLAY 1 PRESEASON GAME AND A QUARTER OF ANOTHER!!!!

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I agree TD should go in the HOF and Curtis Martin was a stiff how could any QB win a SB with Curtis Martin and a great OL?

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I saw at least 4 stinkers last year and a bone head mistake in the NE playoff game that a smart QB can't make in a close big game.

16. ROCKJET

ROCKJET New Member

i do feel there is a sense of urgency for #10.

if he is mediocre and the team doesnt make the playoffs because of low point production then i believe (if K.C.is ready) there will be a QB change for 2008.

in addition, if pennington is having a horrid game ,i also believe that he will be pulled for that particular game this year.

17. Hobbes3259

Winston...Winston...Winston...I was pointing out that Chad got US to the same points Brady got NE.

IN NE's case the difference was the Kicker.

Sadly, we had Doug Brien.

18. Hobbes3259

You know, and that brings me to another point.

How come it seems like no one is coaching Chad how to look off a safety ?

19. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

You really believe the difference between Tom Brady and the Patriots and Chad Pennington and the Jets is the kicker?

20. Hobbes3259

Not entirely, what I am pointing out is that without superior help at a key position, (Substitute Doug Brien for A.V.) Brady does NOT have three rings, even including the mythical NE Defenses he's also had.

There is no disputing that fact.

You can argue otherwise, but if Doug Brien is the man in NE....

Those three kicks ...(45, 48, 41) go the same way as the two Brien missed from 47, and 43, in a span of 2:02. (Brien probably makes the 23 yarder against Oakland...)

#40 Hobbes3259, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2007