UK Fans......TV Schedule just announced

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Aug 2, 2007.

1. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

you guys dont get to watch the draft? yeesh....that would suck. the draft is the greatest 2 days of the offseason....(training camp isnt the offseason imo)

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Last year we could see day 1 of the draft , if you subscribed to a shitty channel , but this year they didn't do it , so I unsubscibed , assholes.

3. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

im curious...how is it in a country that has no football do you guys get this into it? what got you jet crazy?

4. gustoonarmy

For me I was lucky (1984) to have met many Jets in the hotel I was working at , Buttle was ace!
    Alot of us got into it in the mid 80s when channel 4 over here started showing games , at first they were a week later , but as the popularity grew they moved onto live or as live games.
    At the same time football became really popular to play , (this was the Regan/Thatcher era , so the US and UK were REALLY close. Anything American was considered the height of cool)
    I think at its height there were about some 500 teams in the UK.
    Now we have at least 3 live games every week , (see earlier post) and with the internet , we are now spoilt for choice. The next step for alot of us is a channel like directTV to supply games.

This was pretty much the moment I became a Jets fan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. gustoonarmy

UPDATE . Thursday 09th August 2007

Last updated: Thursday 09th August 2007

* Press the red button to view.

Date Game Channel Time
    August
    Pre-Season
    Sat Aug 18 Atlanta @ NY Jets 12am
    Sat Aug 18 San Diego @ St. Louis 1am
    Mon Aug 20 Chicago @ Indianapolis 1am
    Fri Aug 31 Indianapolis @Cincinnati 12.30am

September
    Thurs Sept 6 New Orleans @ Indianapolis 12:30am
    Sun Sept 9 New England @ NY Jets 6pm
    Sun Sept 9 Chicago @ San Diego 9:15pm
    Sun Sept 9 Miami @ Washington * 6pm
    Sun Sept 9 Detroit @ Oakland * 9:15pm
    Sun Sept 9 New York Giants @ Dallas 12:00am
    Mon Sept 10 Baltimore @ Cincinnati 12am
    Mon Sept 10 Arizona @ San Francisco 12am
    Sun Sept 16 Indianapolis @ Tennessee 6pm
    Sun Sept 16 Kansas City @ Chicago 9:15pm
    Sun Sept 16 New Orleans @ Tampa Bay * 6pm
    Sun Sept 16 Dallas @ Miami * 9:15pm
    Sun Sept 16 San Diego @ New England 1am
    Mon Sept 17 Washington @ Philadelphia 12am
    Sun Sept 23 Miami @ New York Jets
    6pm
    Sun Sept 23 New York Giants @ Washington 9:15pm
    Sun Sept 23 San Francisco @ Pittsburgh * 6pm
    Sun Sept 23 Jacksonville @ Denver * 9:15pm
    Sun Sept 23 Dallas @ Chicago 1:00am
    Mon Sept 24 Tennessee @ New Orleans 12:00am

* Press the red button to view.

6. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

you mean i missed the chance to see where thomas beckett was murdered with mark gastineau??!!!! goddamnit!!!! :wink:

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

There is a program you can download, TVu or something like that, that allows you to watch various tv channels over your internet connection, including Fox Sports for free.

I have used it a few times and while the quality is not great its a good way to watch games if you dont have the sky sports package.

8. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Pretty Similar to Gus for me. In the mid 80's when Chicago had that dominant season and routed the Patriots we had a new Channel (we only had 3 before this one) and as most of the main English sports were on the other channels they started showing sports from around the world.

Before you knew it American Football hit fever pitch, we had weekly shows, Live games, toys, Apparel and everything. It was huge and everyone was choosing a team. Obviously a lot of people are glory hunters so we ended up with tons of Bears, Niners, Cowboys and Redkins fans, plus a lot of Raiders fans for some reason. I can honestly say i chose the Jets at the time cos my uncle supported the Pats and I wanted the other team to win. It happened to be the Jets and thats how my love affair started.

That was over 20 years ago, since then i have followed the NFL every Season watching as many live games as i can. I attended my first Game at the Meadowlands last season and this year im going to three games, 2 at the meadowlands and to dallas as well. Im well and truly hooked on this game and its one of the reasons i often think about working in NY. I think I lucked out as well choosing the Jets, being in london its pretty easy to get a reasonable flight to NY. Where as those Niners fans have a long trip :p

The NFL is still pretty big over here and its a shame the way NFL europe went. The first few years with the London Monarchs was great but in the end you want the real thing and you get tired of watch 3rd rate players so the whole thing dwindled to nothing. I cant say that If I was an american i would be happy with a regular season game being abroad but its great for us UK Guys and I have tickets to that game as well where I will be rooting for the Gints as the lesser of two evils.

Being heavily into Football (Soccer to you guys) and American Football truly gives me a good perpspective on the arguments from both sides about both games. I love them both for their own unique attributes.

9. Tie Guy

Tie Guy New Member

London Jets Fans

I am a season ticket holder who just moved to London. Do Jets fans get together here to watch the games. I am going to miss the stadium and tailgates bt it would be fun to watch with London jets fans.

10. ukjets

ukjets New Member

Well I got into NFL through family, being half American with family in NY and CT. Had never really watched American football until being in the US one Xmas and watched a game. Then got back here and realised that games were being shown. I learned the rules through a mix of the coverage and playing Madden.

Sadly did not get any tickets to the game at Wembley. But will support the Jets this season by watching as many games on Sky as possible and listening to the rest of the games online. It all starts tonight with the game on SS2, hopefully we have an exciting one.

11. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

I wish that happened but there does not seem to be an active UK Jets Fan clube anymore. A few of us here converse by email but have never met as we are spread far and wide across the country.

Also there are hardly any places that show live NFL, as far as I know the only place i can watch Live NFL is at the Sports Bar (thats is name) just off piccadilly circus in the centre of town.

I would be up for any gathering if we could amass a few of us at one time.

12. Tie Guy

Tie Guy New Member

I think we should meet at the sportscafe for the first game. They will be playing the game. If we get enough people each week they will promise us the Jets playing every game and give us a private area. If anyone wants to contact me offline to help set it up. my e mail is noah.berliner@moodys.com

13. gustoonarmy

I'd love to do that , but for me and alot of others here on TGG live up north. I do have times when I'm back down south and if that situation occurs , then I'd be up for it.

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Oh baby, the red button! I would be hitting that shit all day long...is it like the red button on the old atari joystick? THE RED BUTTON...I love it. hey whats the red button?

15. bsaeagle64

bsaeagle64 New Member

If you are up to it, go to UKPatriots.com and ask where they will be watching the game. They are based at Bodeans Pub in London, but have members throughout the United Kingdom. They will also tell you about other venues in the UK that show the NFL live.

16. Tie Guy

Tie Guy New Member

I will check that out but not sure i want to spend all Sunday with a bunch of massholes

nothing personal to people from Mass

17. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Im going to be in Italy for thanksgiving... do they get skysports there too?

18. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I think this would be a great idea. I've often thought that it would be cool to have a get together of UK Jets fans. How difficult can it be? Arrange a destination-(London ?) book a hotel and get hammered talking Jets with some buddies. Count me in.

19. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Dunno about meetings, etc. but I'd certainly support the idea of a UK Jets fan club, with associated web site, forums, discounts on merchandise and free t-shirts...

20. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I got hooked pretty much the same as the rest of the guys. When Channel 4 started broadcasting games recoreded and 'as Live', in the early 80's I just loved the game, I picked the Jets because I read up on Joe Namath and how we overcame huge odds to beat Baltimore and thought that this was lucky franchise and we would be in the superbowl every other year! I love the Jets with a passion, have been to see them 4 times at the meadowlans. The Jets have cost me a wife and a cat but hey we all have to make sacrifices!