It could be a rough start for Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Johnnytint, Aug 11, 2007.

1. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Baltimore won 13 games last year, and McGahee has killed us his entire career.

First 2 games are going to be tough, but after that I don't think the schedule is that bad

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Does anybody know the Jets' record against quarterbacks whose last name starts with the letter T on odd-numbered days of the month? This could also have a lot of bearing on the outcome of this season. Fart.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Namath2Kolber FTW. :up:

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

sorry, but the same ol Jets went out the window when Mangini marched his team on the field of week 1 last season

5. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

We do have a tough schedule but I feel now with Mangini that we win the games we are suppose to win. All that really matters is the ground we covered with NE in the end.

#25 JETFIGHTERS, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  6. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

The Jets have a 1 game winning streak against the Patriots.
    Thats a trend that will have to continue.

7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

On my sunniest of sunshiney days I didn't see us making some noise last year, yet we did. We were a VERY young team last year, and we did well. Still young, but a year older. I'll sign on for 10-6.

Belly threw everything that was working for the Pats out with the bathwater. He drafted and signed some questionable guys that will, without a doubt, mess up the legendary Pats team chemistry.

The 2007 Ravens are the 2005 Dolphins. A great defense getting long in the tooth with WTF happening on offense other than a Jets killing RB.

The NFC East is a joke. If we cannot get through them, we don't deserve a playoff berth.

I really fail to see why this is such a tough schedule.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Instead of looking at the past history to decide how we will do just look at the team. Have we improved our run blocking? Have we improved our pass rush? Are we better at stopping the run? The answers to those three questions will determine how we do against a much tougher schedule then we had last year.

9. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

It varies, depending on whether Mercury is retrograde. I'll check it out and get back to you.

10. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

What's the deal? Don't you know we are undefeated?!?

11. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

a week 1 win will be a HUGE win.. i feel if we beat pats week one its gonna be a big emotional lift and ill already count us in playoffs. crazy but i know this team will be riding so high off a week 1 pats win.. anyone else agree or all think im nuts?

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

If they can play well against the Pats, dont even have to win, just not getting their ass handed to them, i see a bright future for this season.

If the Jets get the shit kicked out of them, i will be a sad boy.

And i agree with others. This is a new season, nobody (should) thinks about the past.

13. StlRamsMU

StlRamsMU New Member

B Smith is the MAN

14. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Let's concern ourselves with week 1. The rest of this is garbage.

15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

History means nothing, this is a new Jets team, and I believe in them.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The schedule favors a rocky start for the Jets and then some stabilization.

If you look at the schedule closely it's clear how much rockier the road is for the Jets this season compared to their second half schedule last year which included the Pats and the Bears and 6 teams out of the playoffs. The Jets last 6 games last year were all against non-contenders including 3 last place teams. 5 of the Jet's last 10 games last year were against last place teams and they went 4-1 in those games.

17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

:beer:

The franchise really is being turned upside down. New owner, young coaches, solid draft picks, new stadium, cheerleaders, etc. The schedule will be a good test but even if we go 8-8 or so I won't be jumping ship unless Mangini himself is making calls that blow games for us. This season should let us know if we'll have a contender on our hands in the next couple years.

18. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Bingo. I always hate stats like this.

/thread

19. steviep

steviep Active Member

Here is the obvious.

The first two games will be very hard.
    Although, not fatal, 0-2 is a pretty nice hole.

Defense was not impressive against the Falcons. They ahve to figure out some way to pressure the QB.

20. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

about the only thing i agree with here is the first sentence and then i'm left wondering which team you were watching last year, b/c it couldn't have been the jets. i think the op was correct on all counts. baltimore has a devastating defense and we know how penny does against top D's.
    philly, they are a solid team with mcnab and were better than the jets with garcia last year. to say philly is in no shape to challenge the jets is crazy!!!
    giants and washington are 50/50 propositions if you asked me, we can beat them, but they are good enough to beat us also. i'd call it even..
    pitt has some serious talent on that team, new coach or not! they are a well run organization(better than jets/past history) better qb and better defense. your under rating them big time. even with the bad year last year, they still managed 500 ball with the injuries and all that went on with them.
    then dallas with romo getting another year seasoning and all the talent they have, are going to be a tough team, and we have to play them in big D, not a favorable situation.
    also, you talked about our D being so good, what year was that?? not last season, that's for sure.
    as i said, the original poster was correct in his assessment. i guess he should get flamed for not being a homer!!!