It could be a rough start for Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Johnnytint, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Johnnytint

Johnnytint Member

just flipping through the Jets preview book and 'IF' past performance indicates future results are boys are in trouble!!!

week 1 - (NE) The Jets have lost the last 4 season openers to New England

Week 2 - (Balt) The Jets lost 4 of the last 5 and they now have McGahee

Week 5 - (Giants) The Giants won the last 3. 5 of the last 7. 6 of the last 10

Week 6 - (phil) The Jets are 0-7 vs Philly

Week 9 - (Wash) Jets are 1-7 vs Washington and have never beaten washington at home

week 11 - (pitt) Jets lost the last 2 vs Pitt

Week 12 - (dallas) Jets are 2-6 vs dallas and have lost two thanks giving day games vs the lions

sorry for the negative news but i found it interesting

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yeah but what's our record against NE when there's a full moon in September? hrmmmm - something to consider ...!!!~~~~

3. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't imagine the Jets have a winning record against a whole lot of teams in the NFL.

4. tjet73

tjet73 New Member

Looks like we need to start some new trends!

5. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

We'll have our hands full with the Patsies, and thats all I'll agree to. Baltimore is gonna be the same Baltimore and now they have Overrated McGahee who has been an underachiever his entire career. The Giants are being underappreciated by many but i don't believe they'll be able to put up numbers against our defense. Philly is in no shape to put up a fight. Washington will be a joke this year. Pittsburgh could be a problem but I see us winning. Dallas is gonna be good but under a new head coach and several question marks on defense, it may not be their year either.

There are two types of Jets fans -- true believers and the hopelessly downtrodden. Please don't be the ladder.

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Jets have had problems with NE lately -not just on opening day. The Jets could very well surprise opening day this year, though. The Jets have also had their problems with Baltimore...should be another defensive battle. If the Jets come out of these two games 1-1 they should be OK. The Jets have always had problems with the NFC East, we always seem to play that division during a down year. That being said they should beat the Giants hands down -the Jets are a better team this year...They can and should also beat Philly, Washington and Dallas regardless of their past history....Barring major injuries, I see the Jets at 10-6 again.....

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

All-time they are .500 against the Panthers, Saints, and Seahawks.

They have winning records against the Bengals, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Dolphins, Packers, Patriots, Texans, and Vikings.

They have losing records against the 20 other teams.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

So have 30 other NFL teams.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Those records have not a thing to do with 2007,so whats the point?

10. mrjet80

8-8 against Seattle isn't bad considering they started 0 for 7. Seattle absolutely tortured the Walt Michaels teams.....

The Jets may have losing records against 20 teams all-time, but some of those are just off a couple of games....the Jets worst problems have been against the likes of the Steelers, Ravens, Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles, Rams, and 49ers a combined 10-56 record.......but all historically decent teams except the Rams in a couple of those years. In the 1970s when alot of those games were played, the Jets were pretty much non-competitive.....

#10 mrjet80, Aug 11, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  11. mrjet80

Yes, but the original poster was talking about opening day in particular.....

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, the first time the Jets played Seattle was in 1977 at Shea Stadium. The Seahawks were coming off their inaugural 2-12 season and whitewashed the Jets 17-0 (I'd have to look what week of the 1977 season the game was played). That's pretty pathetic even considering the Jets were a garbage team that year. I think the Jets only passed for 25 yards in the game.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

It doesn't matter if we lost the last 8 thousand openers to the Patriots, our chances of winning this years opener will not be effected by what happened in the past. The premise of this thread is dumb.

14. curtisstaysforever28

ya the pats are tough, everyone has trouble playin them so i agree that we will have our hands full with them. baltimore was AWESOME last season and last time i checked mcgahee runs all over the jets every year! even if he has "underachieved" he was guarenteed two 100 yard games which were the 2 games vs the jets when he was on buffalo. philly isnt as talented as they were last year but they are definitely a solid team this year. with mcnabb healthy again he will unfortunately be able to pick apart our defense if he has a great game. fuck washington, they suck. and pitt and dallas are toss-ups. we have a tough schedule this year. its gonna be up to pennington and his shoulder strength, or lack there of, to get us to the playoffs

15. mrjet80

I just read his post again. Apparantly, those facts are from a Jets preview book but I see what you mean, it mentions the Jets being 2-6 lifetime against Dallas but 0-2 on Thanksgiving against the Lions. Ha Ha. Does that mean it's a tough game because it's Dallas or because it's being played on Thanksgiving....like I said barring injuries the Jets will beat Dallas, just got a hunch

16. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

:beer:
    :beer: While all your stat's show negative PAST experiences . I firmly belive that we will break the mold this year.

17. Johnnytint

Johnnytint Member

Im not pulling up these stats they are in the 2007 preview book that came with this years season tixs!!

I believe 100% that stats are total BS but if I were betting on games i would be following the trends. But i dont bet anymore

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

So since the Jets have a poor record vs. the Redskins I should be scared this year? Ha ha they look pretty bad.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The last time the Jets played the NFC East was 2003 and before that it was 1999. Please tell me what any of those seasons has to do with the this year's team???

20. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Another thread about how the schedule this year is rough.

I don't see anything about the Giants or Redskins that makes them a threat. Yeah, any given Sunday any team can win. But I think the Jets can handle those teams easily.

The Pats are tough every year and the Jets always play them twice. Nothing new there.

Philly is tough. Dallas is tough. Baltimore is tough. Pittsburgh is tough.

So that is four tough games and then the Pats twice. Six tough games. Doesn't mean the Jets will lose those games - just means they will be tough.

I ain't scared. Bring 'em all on. The Jets will be making the playoffs again this year.