Those Who Lost Their Tailgate Area

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, Aug 3, 2007.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

what do you do now?
    do you show up early on sept 9th and take what you want?
    do you respect others and their areas?
    do you try to merge with other parties?
    what are your plans?
    do you even have parking passes?
    i wouldnt know what to do.
    please discuss

2. section331flagman

section331flagman Active Member

I lost my spot in lot 4. I have been tailgaiting there for well over 15 years. I am always one of the first ones in the parking lot, so I picked whatever spot struck my fancy at that particular moment. I STILL intend on arriving to games very early, usually by 8:30 for a 1:00pm ballgame, so I am not disrespecting anyone. I believe my entire crew will be moving with me as well. First come, first serve!

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I can see this getting a little ugly, I hope not.

4. section331flagman

What exactly do you see getting ugly? If a person gets to the lot early, and spots are open, it is theirs for the taking. That's it. Get there early. Do you expect people to say "excuse me sir but this is our parking spot, we have been TG'ng here for years?" There will be plenty of spots for everyone as long as they get there early enough. I don't see anything getting ugly at all. that's a silly comment.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

First come, first serve. We moved from lot # 4 3 years ago and TG on the northside of the arena. The atmosphere is not as good as the main lot, but boy getting out is great.

6. section331flagman

EXACTLY! End of Story

7. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

I lost a spot in 18F a few years ago when they made a preferred spot and charged $25. We just moved to the arena lot which was only $10 and it worked out for the better really. $15 extra dollars in the pocket if you look at it that way. I had tailgated at 18F for some 15+ years. Now that Xanadu has taken the arena spots, we`ll just move again. No big deal. I`ve actually taken a break the past 2 seasons. I only go to a few games and not everyone anymore. Same this year. Maybe only 2 games. 20+ years of tailgating and crapping out wet charcoal for 2 days afterwards has taken it`s toll on me, so I`m taking a break until the new stadium is built.

8. CurtisMartin 28

im cheap.........i just don't tailgate anymore...........i just watch the jets on hd tv....

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Thank....you...for that.

The discussion has been tailgating and you say this...

But you make me laugh.

10. section331flagman

We tailgaited in 4 J for YEARS, then THEY TOO turned that into the private $25.00 lot. We jumped the two walls and started parking in 4 H. Same thing, no big deal. Some people must seem to think that the people who park in other lots have ownership over certain spots. Not so, they just aren't the ones who are losing there spots to the new stadium, so rather than pull in two hours before a game, I'll just get there alot earlier. park wherever the hell I want.

11. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

It is a valid response. If you do not want to put up with the potential nightmare, watch in HDTV. I think you will have tons of problems with people getting there early and thinking they are entitled to 2 spots, one to tailgate (like they did in the past). Hopefully they police it well to keep the confrontations to a minimum.

12. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

well hopefully when the new stadium is built there will be SOMETHING ELSE to do besides tailgate. Thats the only reason why everyone tailgates there. There is nothing else to do. No pubs anywhere near the stadium, no train service either. Once that is all built it will be better. Loading up the grill and all the supplies, plus all the food and beer and ice and everything else needed for tailgating in some sort of comfort sucks major arse to be honest. I just want to hop a train to the stadium, hit a local pub, plant my fat arse in a pub stool and have someone else bring me burgers and beers for a change. Then I can simply stumble my fat arse to my seats and be a Jets fan that doesn`t stink of lighter fluid, charcoal and wet farts.

13. section331flagman

No one is entitled to 2 spots, they never have been, and that will be policed more than ever now, gaurenteed. But what a person is entitled to is to pul in to an empty spot regardless if Tom Dick or Harry have been parking there for 20 years or not. If we pull up with 5 cars, we can take 5 spots. No one ever mentioned anything in this thread about two spots. What was metnioned was that things are going to get ugly if those who are moving to a new spot try to park where others have establised parking for years. Which is absurd to even think about. So again for the last time, get there early, first come, first serve, no problems. THE END!

14. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Very true.. within the rules NOONE was entitled to 2 spots..

However, it happened all the time.

I know noone mentioned it, but it will be more of a problem than ever because of the limited # of spots. Hopefully they take policing it seriously. It's going to be a problem, regardless if it was mentioned or not

I agree, it's ridiculous to say I parked there forever, I'm taking it... too bad. Show me the Title to the spot, and you can have it would be what I say.

15. section331flagman

Yet they are entitled to MOVE since a stadium is being dropped on their old digs!

16. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

You are making an argument out of nothing man... I don't get it. Why? I was just talking about something that happened before that may not have been a huge deal because there were plenty of spots and now it may be a bigger problem and you're getting all uptight.. I don't get it.

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I don't post here much but aren't you about 14 years old.
    How much tailgating could you have done and who's money would you have been spending?

18. CurtisMartin 28

19. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I bet they have crews dealing with cars that will direct you to parking spot. This way its 1 spot per car and thats it. You will have to tailgate in the aisle. Not a big deal

20. Joe Will E 69

Joe Will E 69 New Member

this is just going to be a huge mess