7/30 TC observations with Kurt

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Bird Man:

I will have to let you know. In the meantime, what are Kurt's observations on Clarke taking over for Kendall? You guys are huge on linemen and inquiring minds want to know.

Will Clarke be able to cut the mustard? My early observations in yesterdays morning class say he's looking okay... just wondering what you guys think so far...

2. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Great report TBJ, thanks a lot for this.

Same here, although on that same wavelength it's good to hear that both Haynes, D-Rob and Pouha are doing well. Maybe Pouha can push D-Rob outside.

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Really glad to hear that Clemens had a good day. After reading other TC reports it seems like the biggest knock on him at this point is the footwork. Better that then his throwing motion or his reads. Hopefully they can get it worked out in the preseason games.

4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

thanks again...I am sure I'm one of many who appreciate the report

5. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

the caption says:
    i guess you guys were gone by then

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Please don't take this the wrong way because no offense is intended, but how do you guys get to practice during the day on a weekday? Don't you work during the day?

7. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

Between the news of Stuckey, Clarke, and NT, I am thrilled...

However, the fact that Kenyon Coleman is not the clear cut starter over the other guys is a very bad sign. We paid him legit money-- if he doesn't seperate himself in the next week, we may have a serious problem at DE. I'm hoping he's just getting used to the changes and it will all click soon enough.

#27 Big Cotch, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  8. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Ball Hawk... I was still there... but it's VERY easy to miss things at TC. I was joking with Kurt about how much I'd love to get my hands on the practice tapes.... they have 3 cameras set up on these aerial sort of construction stands. They were on the natuarl turf field today, sowe're standing at field level behind a fence. If something happens across the field.... it's very hard to see behind a bunch of players. Concentrate on the O line.... miss a nice catch. Watch the D line, miss something else. That's why Igo as often as I do, and I try to focus on one aspect or another, at the cost of missing something else that's happened. When I watch a game, I don't miss plays. At TC, I miss a lot, but that is when I also see much more in terms of how individual players are doing. Today Ipaid a lot of attention to the NT spot.... and liked what I saw. The cost is, I'll miss something else. I watched Harris a lot.... and missed more stuff. But, by the end of camp, I usually have a pretty good idea of where the players and the team is.

227, Kurt watched Clarke more than I did.... he's the linemen expert. He liked what he saw, and from my limied observations, he loked pretty solid. The real battle on the O line seems to be Bender and Clement. Bender is a work in progress.... but when Kurt come over on Wednesday he can offer better insight than I can on that battle. I will rent him my keyboard for a brew or two.

Yes, both Kurt and I were very happy to see Clemens look as good as he did today after the early reports came in. Hopefully, he's shaken off the rust and will continue to look good.

I could swear I saw DRob line up at DE when Pouha came in at NT for a few plays. I tried to confirm, but again, at field level, and these guys rolling their jersies up to obscure the numbers, it can be difficult at times. That's why I think I have to go to TC at least 5 times.... in order to verify my observations. 8times and I think I get a good handle on the team. There is no instant replay at TC!

9. ThunderbirdJet

The answer to that will cost ya! LOL! :drunk:

10. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

Thanks for the report Tbird.

No complaints about the heat this year.
    How's our Benny going?
    His old team Geelong are premiership favorites this year.

11. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Great report! I'm so stoked for the season.

12. ThunderbirdJet

Today the weather was pretty nice... a bit warm, but not worth whining about.

Benny.... I didn't mention this because it was difficult to see exactly where he was punting from. Kurt and I guessed it was about the goal line. So, one punt goes to the 25 yard line, and I'm sayin to Kurt what a bomb it was. The he gets one inside the twenty. We look at each other. Could he be hitting it 80 yards? Then the last punt.... it went to the seven yard line. Can he really hit it that far? 90 yards in the air? I can't swear it went that far... it was hard to see where he was kicking from, but the punt returners had to retreat a whole bunch to get under it. There is another kid in camp with a good leg, but Benny is safe.

The Cats are favorites this year? I need to pay more attention!

13. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Man, I swear, this is like crack to me. I love your reports. Especially because I am always most interested in the lineplay on both sides. That's where it's won and lost, as you know.

You mentioned there were a lot of outside runs, and I assume some pulling - how did they all look? Coordinated? In sync? If you got a look, how about Clarke especially. The way i understand it, he's not the most nimble guy.

Also, Stuckey=Moss. That was the exact impression I had when I saw him. Tougher, but just as quick and light on his feet.

Again, thanks for the crack, looking forward to your wednesday report.

14. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

I'd say he's a long shot, but he did look like he was in football shape. At the end of practice, they was another sort of 11 on 11 scrimmage, with Smith at QB. Most of the guys unlikely to make the team were out there, but so was Bender... I think they want to get him more scrimmage time. Wadsworth was out there with the rest of the UDFA's and rookies though. He seemed to hold his own, but I don't recall anything remarkable about his play today.

I was at TC over the weekend and they also did that extra 11 vs 11..It appears to be a chance for the guys who aren't getting alot of reps in regular practice to practice their plays and show their skill to the coaches..its taped an opportunity if you will!!

15. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Thanx for the report. I love that you guys do this. I'm so jealous. N-E HOW keep up the reports. Please.

16. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Thanks TBJ, its nice to have an inside look at our team. This stuff is blog-worthy.

17. Force

Force New Member

Man I knew I it was a bad idea to read this. Now I'm all pumped up for the season. Like Villmatic said these TC reports are like crack....and now I'm addicted. Hopefully you can post one for tommorow or else I might start going through withdrawls...and that won't be good.

18. StlRamsMU

StlRamsMU New Member

Brad Smith = THE MAN

19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

How many times is that now? We get the message.

Thanks alot TBird , 227 and Kurt.
    These kind of personal reports are priceless. Some really encouraging stuff.
    Wow , I had Harris competing for ILB , and you reckon thats a long shot? Looks like Hobson will fill there.

Do you ever get to chew the fat with Lange?

This intrigued me from Randy's radar column...

#39 gustoonarmy, Jul 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  20. Ambrose

Ambrose New Member

thunderbird:

Your comments are the first negatives I've seen about Harris. Could you expand on them? Lack of speed, lack of size, lack of hustle seems like a pretty deadly combination to me.

Also, why do you feel that Kassell and Schlegel are both hanging by a thread? The Jets carried 4 ILBs last year not counting Spencer. Seems like one of them should make the team. Which do you feel has the best chance there? Is your assessment of their situation based on them struggling in camp, not getting many reps, etc.