Calling out all McCareins haters.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Jul 12, 2007.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I say that based on training camp reports from people on here. I think section 225 was the guy saying it. So I have no first hand knowledge or printed reports other than what I've read on here.

edit: section 225 is someone I consider a reliable poster on here so I trust his analysis - even if he does look at Mike Nugents ass. It's not like I take everything I read on here as absolute truth, I take a lot of it with a grain of salt.

#41 WhiteShoeWillis, Jul 12, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  2. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Getting rid of Santana Moss was one of the best moves the Jets ever made. He is not worth nearly the money Washington paid him, and predictably, he followed up his breakout season with a season worthy of a good number 2 receiver. He's making Coles money and has only two 1,000 yard seasons to show for it. Never really liked him, and that's without the running like a madman out of bounds on punt returns.

The problem with McCareins isn't his ability, it's his ability vis-a-vis his paycheck. He was paid to be a 60 plus catch guy, and he really hasn't been. If young guys like Brad Smith and Chansi Stuckey show up in training camp and give JMac a serious challenge, it might be fiscally reasonable to cut the cord.

-X-

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Besides an extra year of development for Moss because of the injury, Coles and Moss' numbers are eerily similar, especially given their less than ideal situations for a good chunk of their years. Coles only has 3 1,000 yard seasons in 7- Not elite numbers by any stretch of the imagination. I love coles, but I also loved moss, and wish we had them both and a QB that could take advantage of moss' speed. Two borderline #1's is a great tandem. I love J-co, but he is the same type of receiver as coles. We need a P-guy and a burner.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

How many times did he line up in front of a starting cornerback?

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

An "assload of money"? He's not being paid a big contract. The guy has been good for us he was our go to guy in 2004, struggled in '05 but so did everyone else and after adjusting to his new role was very valuable for us last year. I think as long as he's here he's going o have a good year for us this year. I just don't get why pople dislike this guy. There's always one whipping boy and for some reason he's it.

6. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

If Schlegal stays , he could steal the crown.

If JMac flat out sucked I could understand the alienation.
    Some posters have mentioned $$$. Is it his fault that he's earning an 'ass load' of money? If he wasn't worth it wouldn't the FO make him restructure?

I like JMac and because of that reason want him to suceed , but he needs to keep doing what hes doing now and trying hard all the time. Whatever Noal Mazzone has said to him certainly seems to be doing the trick.

7. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Please describe how McCareins was very valuable to the Jets last year? (He shagged a few pop flies down the sideline and other than that seemed like he didn't give a crap every time he stepped on the field.)

As I have always said, it was suspect when the Titans could've kept either McCareins or Bennett and they chose Bennett. Regardless, the guys is living off a few games down the stretch in 2004 (including the two playoff games).

Of course, he could be a good "team guy" or something, but he has had virtually no value to the Jets on the field in the last two seasons. I'm not all that riled up about a #4/#5 WR, but I don't understand why people continue to ride his jock when it is clear that his acquisition and contract was a mistake. Teams whiff on acquisitions, it happens, just move on.

If JMAc does anything this season it is all gravy as I have zero expectations for him as a contributor on the field.

#47 BlairThomas#1, Jul 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  8. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

He was just made an example of since he couldn't complete a drill - The Guy had Muscle cramps...

NO BIGGIE... Guy is a workout monster.

9. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Go on a Titans board and ask thier fans..... Everyone who follows the Titans knows that year they had a mix of WR"s and no True #2.....

10. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

1st Time EVER I agree with Nyjunc.... The Mob mentality gets all over Jmac when they don't see the #'s without understandfing the #'s or being able to recognize TALENT......

The most talented guys don't always click right away for many reasons....

At this point as talented as Jmac is Coles and Cotchery are better....

WR is one area we have depth and people want to "Cut the chord"???????

Did they even look at his contract?

11. abyzmul

Mob mentality... spare me, man. Up until this season I have been nothing but a J-Mac supporter, and he has done nothing but display a lack of skills to justify the contract he was awarded on potential alone.

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Gus I hope youre right but as one of the biggest jmac haters on the board I certainly will stand up and put myself on the jmac hater list again for this year. I have found him to be lazy at times...he doesnt show the ability to get open....his body control is awful and I certainly question his desire at times>>>>obviously at the start of camp last year Mangini noticed all this immediately and he went into the doghouse.....lets see what happens this year, but my opinion is the third receiver on this team is either not here yet or we've not seen him play yet as a Jet

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I have been a big Mc carrens supporter as well. I had high expectations for him that have not come to pass. Im still rooting for him and if he's not let go before the season starts then Ill still be rooting for him; wether he comes up with one key catch or a few during a game . All hand on deck will keep the Jets moving foward!

14. gustoonarmy

Well so far jonnyd, hes gone from the doghouse to the whorehouse , so lets hope he continues to go all the way and be the player that he should be.

15. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Dude's going to be 29 years-old by the end of the season there is no more "should be" at that age. He is who he is.

(see my post above)

16. gustoonarmy

and with consistant good coaching hes going to be a better player. Anyone for Tim Dwight at #3 :rolleyes:

17. CuseMO57

CuseMO57 New Member

between him, dwight, brad smith, and rookie chansi i think there will be enough receiving anyway behind the big boys

18. kingjetorl

kingjetorl Member

19. abyzmul

Can I get a regular season re-evaluation from the pro-J-Mac contingent?

20. ........

........ Trolls

Absolutely terrible.